Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any way to increase download speed?

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have a very good internet connection (BT Infinity fibre optic) and other downloads, including other MMO updates regularly hit 2-3GB/s. Yesterday I downloaded a 30GB program is about 4 hours.

I have the ESO launcher set to unlimited download speed. And yet I never seem to get above about 30MB/s which means even regular updates take a very long time to download. This is with nothing else in the house using the internet connection.

Does anyone know if there's any way to improve it?
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Eshenya
    Eshenya
    ✭✭
    if you can download with 2-3 GB per second, downloading 30GB would only take you 10 seconds, not 4 hours. So it seems you are getting your download speeds confused. Mbps is different from MB/s.

Just stating the name of the broadband package doesn't say anything about speed, not to mention that not everyone lives in the UK and would't even know what BT is.
    I suggest you inquire what your supposed speed is and then try this handy converter tool so you see what speed you should get with whatever Mbps rate you're on.
    https://www.gbmb.org/mbps-to-mbs

Additionally, it doesn't matter how fast your connection is. if the server you are downloading from has a low upload speed it still won't go faster than that server's max speed at that time.
    Edited by Eshenya on May 15, 2016 8:36AM
    This one does not appreciate txt tlk, elitism and foul language.