Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trinimac's Valor drop set - anyone found any use at all??

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
So I held on to my Trinimac's Valor I was getting while collecting Briarheart. Now my Sorc, Templar and Dragonknight are all V16 (thanks for the cake, ZOS!) and I have a v16 set of Trinimac. I even have enough that I can skip the butt ugly pieces. (Man this is an effing ugly style).

However, I cannot find a use for this set. There aren't many abilities that cast a damage shield on an ally, and when I've tested it I cannot get it to proc. Has anyone found a build where this isn't an utterly useless set??
  • Shadowfx1970
    Shadowfx1970
    ✭✭✭
    I've been wondering the same thing
    I went outside once, the graphics were awesome but the gameplay sucked
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use it on my Templar healer, but only for the four piece bonus to get some decent regen jewelry.

I plan on trying out on my DK healer with igneous shield when VR is finally gone.

I would give anything for a hat I could use in place of the pants though, I agree that they are fugly.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use it on my DK tank. Because I use shields so often, it procs pretty frequently. The number of sets with jewelry at V16 with magicka recovery are few. The shield and heal are fairly insignificant, but it is a small group buff.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good suggestions - thanks. I'll save it and try it on my mag DK when bet ranks go all dodo. On a sorc it's useless...which is too bad, think they could have made it a broader use set considering that the proc isn't that powerful.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Igneous shield, healing ward and barrier are the best skills to proc it.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Ryuuhime
    Ryuuhime
    ✭✭✭
    I use 4x Trinimac's Valor on my tank for the regen. Planning on using 5 once I get heavy Blood Spawn shoulders. One day...
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Good suggestions - thanks. I'll save it and try it on my mag DK when bet ranks go all dodo. On a sorc it's useless...which is too bad, think they could have made it a broader use set considering that the proc isn't that powerful.

Willpower is still the best magicka jewelry set, whether you enchant spell damage or regen or a mix To me, it seems reasonable for the 3 piece to be stronger than any 3 parts of a 5 piece set, because if you use Willpower you are giving up running two 5-piece bonuses.
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    trin valor stacked with seducer i found to be the best healing combo!
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    So I held on to my Trinimac's Valor I was getting while collecting Briarheart. Now my Sorc, Templar and Dragonknight are all V16 (thanks for the cake, ZOS!) and I have a v16 set of Trinimac. I even have enough that I can skip the butt ugly pieces. (Man this is an effing ugly style).

However, I cannot find a use for this set. There aren't many abilities that cast a damage shield on an ally, and when I've tested it I cannot get it to proc. Has anyone found a build where this isn't an utterly useless set??

The GM of one of my guilds runs 5 Trinimac on his Sorc Healer build (You shield gets cast on your pets, which count as an "ally").
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use it in my PvE solo build. I complete solo vet dungeons with it.

Hardened Ward on Pets triggers trinimac, making Pets live longer and decent heat seeking missles.

Against mobs Trinimac can end up dealing more dps than Julianos.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Igneous shield, healing ward and barrier are the best skills to proc it.

Does it proc with Barrier? I have not seen that yet.

It does work well with healing ward and igneous shield, though! Hearing the noise saying it procced always makes me smile.

My healer loves this set - just wish I could get some VR16 pieces of it for a change (but I have a full VR16 set of Pariah already...)

It's definitely a niche set, though, as far as the five piece bonus is concerned.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS