Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Clothing That Is Not Armor

Bioniclex6
Bioniclex6
Soul Shriven
Hello everyone, so I've been playing ESO and I have become confused. I have been looking online and it seems that all clothing in this game has to be light, medium, or heavy armor. But, the clothes that I started the game with, e.g. soul-shriven robe, don't seem to have any type of armor status. I've tried looking this up online, but I can't find anything. Thanks!
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are also clothing pieces you can loot from containers. Clothing does not provide any armor resistance.

I'm not sure what the question is?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your looking for clothing for RP purposes, loot owned containers. There are lots of clothing articles you can steal now. Note, you want to launder these, not because they smell, but because guards will strip you naked if your wearing stolen clothes when you get caught stealing. Although, there is an Achievement for that, actually, two achievements.

I am not sure if you can find all 7 pieces in clothing, but you can find most of it and flesh out the rest with light armor pieces, like a Sash.

Also, we do have a new motif, Soul Shriven.

http://esoacademy.com/soul-shriven-style/
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    Those are just starter clothes. Since everyone gets them, and there is no way of knowing what a player may choose for their character, it makes sense that they have no designation. If you haven't already, you'll be ditching them within about 30 minutes of game play. There is a soul shriven style that can be crafted once you get the motif, and those definitely have the three armor types.
  • Bioniclex6
    Bioniclex6
    Soul Shriven
    Okay, thanks everyone.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bioniclex6

I forgot to mention, you can dye the clothing you loot if you want to. So, you can match it to existing armor, or create a look you like.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul Shriven motif is a free crafting style you get as a gift from the game, if you complete the main story + main story of Coldharbour, and the main story of the "Cadwells Silver" faction.
    The gear you wear when you leave The Wailing Prison is just named that, because you were about to become a soul shriven yourself, like the other soulless ones trapped in Coldharbour ..but you escaped with help from The Prophet and Lyris Titanborn.

The crafting style names are a bit confusing.
    We also have Altmer and Aldmeri Dominion motif, which are 2 seperate styles you can learn >.<
    • Altmer costs ~100g for the full motif.
    • Aldmeri Dominion costs ~10,000g per page of the motif.
    ...Trinimac's Valor set and the Trinimac motif ...first one is a set looted armor, the other is a style you can learn.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on May 7, 2016 8:53AM