Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Need help finding a certain motif

AGrz5585
AGrz5585
✭✭✭
I'm looking for a glove and boot motif that looks the most like 'metal' or heavy armorish. I'm currently using med merc gloves and boots to go with the heavy chest, but the dyes aren't matching perfect.

So if anyone knows which med armor looks the most metal like, please share.

Thanks!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might find something here

http://eso-fashion.com/

Being that these are Boots and Gloves, you can dye them in some contrasting or complimentary color. I tend to dye my shoes and boots Black or Brown, as most Shoes and Gloves are that color. Also, I have found different shades of dyes that can provide close matches when mixing materials.

I don't know if you hide your helm or not, but that is another way to show a matching set. Use the Head and Waist in off materials, and you never see them if you hide the helm, and the waist, you only see the Buckle or Clasp (I always go with Primal belts for the skull)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    My problem is I like moonstone white on the heavy merc chest because it's gives if a shiny pake blue color and cannot find a color to match that when putting it on gloves because the leather gloves don't have that shine to em. I'll figure out something that works
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AGrz5585

Yep, sometimes it is very difficult to match colors. Although I have put some colors on an piece of gear that looks nothing like the color on the dye screen. Try colors that you don't think will match as it may look completely different.

Have you tried improving the gloves to a higher level? That can make it more shiny.

Also, different level materials have different effects when dyed. Try a lower level glove and you might be able to find a match easier. Since they are gloves, it won't have much of effect on your overall armor stats. Also, different racial styles can have different effects on dyes.
    Edited by Nestor on May 5, 2016 9:42PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malacath or trin heavy boots are real dope
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely Malacath OP!
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU