The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Lost in the Sauce..

TankHealz2015
TankHealz2015
✭✭✭
Hey,

Just tried out the PTS for the first time and.... well I'm a bit lost in the sauce here.

So, I'm here and I went to the new DB city... now what? It's empty here.. no activity in zone chat... no other people running around. etc.

Is there a vendor somewhere to pick up all the new items for testing?
Where is everyone?
I'd like to test and experiment and post my results, but not sure how to get started here.

Should I just go out and start exploring and farming... and wait for something magical to happen? lol

So far:
1. added horse to character select background = I like it. Very nice.
2. craft bag = LOVE IT
3. no add ons... wow, weird to play now.
4. DK Flame Breath change to Vomit Breath = oh, wow, kinda gross.

Any guidance appreciated...

Thanks,
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    It is PTS. its there to test, so not many people will be on that server...
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @TankHealz2015,

If you created a new character,
    Top left you will see a drop down,

here you have some options like,
    lvl50CP300DC/ad/ep and a lvl49cp300dc/ad/ep..
    these are templates,
    On using a template you will have access to all the new gear,
    It will be in your inventory...
    Also a load of crafting stuff.

I use it to test builds and things. as well as new skills...
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

Options
  • Braddec
    Braddec
    ✭✭✭
    As Johngo0036 mentioned, on the character creation screen there is a drop down box which allows you to choose a template character or you can use one of your live server characters if you normally play on the NA megaserver.

A lot of people are testing the skill changes in Cyrodil and Imperial City zones. But if you want to test the new questline, there is an NPC in the outlaw refuges that will get you started on the main questline for dark brotherhood.

You can also just explore the new zone and delves, test the mob difficulty, look for glitches in the terrain, music/sound glitches, animation problems, etc.

Be sure to /bug any issues you find in game.
    Options
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help guys.

I was using my normal main character, but I did not see anything additional in my inventory.

I will go ahead and make a new character from the selection screen.
    Cool anyways, now I will try a lizard man.

Thanks!
    Options
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    One more question:

I copied my add-ons over to PTS, but they cause a lot of errors and don;t seem to work as well.

Could someone provide advice on which add-ons are best for PTS and are they on ESOHead website or somewhere else?

Or if not an add on, what/how are you able to determine your metrics (damage, healing, ..etc)

Greatly appreciated.
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FTC still works OK on PTS even if it is marked as out of date ...
    shades.gif
    Options
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4. DK Flame Breath change to Vomit Breath = oh, wow, kinda gross.

What? No more fire breath? Did I miss something?
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, check it out... one of the Flame Breath morph is poison damage now and changed from red flames to dark green-gray vomit spray.

Options
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, check it out... one of the Flame Breath morph is poison damage now and changed from red flames to dark green-gray vomit spray.

Ew. But that would be great for a zombie themed character.
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    Just logged in with this new patch and there was a cinematic ... is this new? maybe I hit a button and t played the original...

But WOW!!! it was AWESOME! ZOS needs to make a full movie or better yet and HBO series!

Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help guys.

I was using my normal main character, but I did not see anything additional in my inventory.

I will go ahead and make a new character from the selection screen.
    Cool anyways, now I will try a lizard man.

Thanks!

There is nothing added to your inventory if you use a normal character, you get what you had on live.

If you create a template character, you will be given a number of crates with a variety of gear sets, motifs, and mats. You aren't given everything available, just a selection of stuff suitable for light/med/heavy gear.

To start the DB questline, go to any outlaw refuge, or go to the DLC page of your collections menu and click "start quest"
    Edited by Epona222 on May 9, 2016 10:20PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just logged in with this new patch and there was a cinematic ... is this new? maybe I hit a button and t played the original...

But WOW!!! it was AWESOME! ZOS needs to make a full movie or better yet and HBO series!

If you didn't have any characters on the EU server, then you will see the opening game cinematic when you first log in, the PTS thinks you are a new player (btw on live you can view the cinematic again at any time from the login screen).
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options