The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

New Charged Trait Completely Useless on Certain Weapons?

blacksanctuary
Charged: This trait now increases your chance to apply status effects instead of increasing the amount of enchantment charges on your weapon.

So what does this trait do for weapons such as Master's Sword or weapons that can't apply status effects?
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol ZOS logic at it's finest. That weapon would be as useless as my ice staff of alkosh, or defending greatsword of moondancer
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • blacksanctuary
    I think they made an useless trait even more useless
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And for every of your skills ? Charged increase the chance of every side effect proc with every skill, isn't it ? Burned, chilled, concussed, poisoned, illness and bleeding, with every attack and skill : an axe's dot, every elemental side effect, every poison/disease side effect, it can be a good advantage in order to add some dots (or the really good illness effect in pvp).
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If only we had a status effect for magical damage it would make it useful in competetive pvp also giving more people a reason to use staves
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    And for every of your skills ? Charged increase the chance of every side effect proc with every skill, isn't it ? Burned, chilled, concussed, poisoned, illness and bleeding, with every attack and skill : an axe's dot, every elemental side effect, every poison/disease side effect, it can be a good advantage in order to add some dots (or the really good illness effect in pvp).

It only applies to the elemental status effects; in most cases infused is better as they have 20% chance to apply already which is pretty much 100% uptime with the reduction in icd on the procs.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »

Actually, the trait would be pretty interesting if it did that. As is... maybe it works with poisons? I'm honestly not sure.