The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Mercenary NPCs (Our Characters as Companions for Friends)

ForestGuard
ForestGuard
✭✭✭
Calling in your friends' characters as Companion NPCs, if they're not online, for use in open world PvE, delves and public dungeons. Would be a toggle to allow it on each character, or maybe they'd have to hire them from a "Mercenary" menu or something. Either way I would use the hell out of it.

Play times and everyone moving between games, factions, characters, etc. makes finding that perfect group or pairing really difficult. Sometimes you just want to feel like your character is in a book or movie, not with flabbypancakes666 and noobpwner69.

For example I was running Razhak's Wheel and I couldn't help but -need- my friend's retired character with me.

Both Alik'r-focused characters, my semi-spiritual lion-khajiit with sun magic and axes, her dwemer-enthusiast of a bosmeri relic hunter... Why -wouldn't- I want my friend's awesome dwemer-expert with me when I have to solo this dwemer ruin and public dungeon? The problem is, she's in a different game now. And that happens a -lot- with people. We don't play only TESO and we don't play only one character, sometimes we don't even play at the same times, but sometimes characters just click and it would be nice if we didn't have to lose that in-game.