The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Base Game Functionality (The Good, The Bad, The Ugly)

ContraTempo
ContraTempo
✭✭✭✭
Testing on 64bit client

Good:
  • Best framerates I have ever seen. I was getting almost 90 sometimes. On live I never saw more than 60.
  • Whatever leak was causing the progressive drop in framrate while running/sprinting on a mount is no longer a problem In fact, my framerate usually increases when I am sprinting on a mount in PTS.
  • NVIDIA ShadowPlay now works in 64bit!
  • Very snappy response to button presses, including quick weapon swap. Is it always that way on PTS or did you guys figure out how to fix the lag? I hope it was a fix because it rocks!

Bad:
  • Twice in combat my #2 skill moved to #3 leaving #2 empty. During combat. After I quit and restarted the game my skills were all back in place.
  • A couple of times in combat I got behind a troll only to have it instantly facing me again.

Ugly:
  • Screen freezing. The controls still work but the screen is frozen. I usually just get out with /quit. I have had this happen while scrolling through the crafting bag, while running down a road, just after combat, and even before the Bethesda splash screen. I can't activate video capture during this so I can't show you a vid.
  • Crash! My PC shut down and had to restart! The game froze for about 5 or 6 seconds, then blue screen, then reboot. First time that has ever happened on this PC. Windows 8.1
ContraTempo
Carpe DM
Seize the Dungeon Master

• ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is a video of 2 of my slotted abilities not working. You can see on my bar at the bottom that I am pushing the button, but they don't fire. It was abilities 2 and 5, both of which were ranged multi-target attacks (though I was only attacking 1 target). My other abilities all worked.
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ContraTempo: That 'computer shut down and restart' sounds like a problem I was having for a while and ended up being the GRAPHICS CARD rather than the game. If you start having that problem often, check to see if it happens with other games, then make sure your card's fan is working etc.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll keep an eye on the temp, but I did not get any heat warnings. I had extra cooling built in and there are sensors to monitor that but I'll open a monitoring utility on another monitor so I can watch for such issues.
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• Ferretstalker
    Ferretstalker
    ✭✭✭
    [*] NVIDIA ShadowPlay now works in 64bit!

It didn't before? I've recorded on the 64bit client in the past and it did save the footage, though itsaved it to a new "client" folder rather than the default ESO one.
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*] NVIDIA ShadowPlay now works in 64bit!

It didn't before? I've recorded on the 64bit client in the past and it did save the footage, though itsaved it to a new "client" folder rather than the default ESO one.

Mine did not. I would get the little green circle in the corner (recording indicator) with a red line through it. Now it works fine though it does user the "client" folder as you describe.

Note that I am running a laptop (rather high end but a laptop nonetheless) and laptops had some graphics issues with the 64bit client that others did not.
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master