Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

POLL: What would make Sorcerer pets desirable?

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the Above, Instead they need this... (Please explain...)
    taking up only one slot per pet would take them much further then anything else, even then im not sure id use pets on my sorc again..

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All The Above and More (Please explain...)
    On top of all those in the polls, they also need:

Visible health bars
    Ability to control them (follow only, attack target, stay here, etc.)
    Not needing to be Dual slotted to keep them up.
    Mobile Storm Atronach
    A wider array of abilities for each pets (Clannfear has an AoE taunt, charging Knockdown, single target ability and self heal etc.)
    More Variety in summons (Gimme a Fire Atronarch, Daedric Spider, etc)
    Argonian forever
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd want them on teamspeak with me for me to consider slotting them.
    PC | EU
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen it touched on in a few other places, but I think it's a neat idea: The ability to customize your summoned pets directly through champion points. This doesn't necessarily mean it needs dedicated constellations, they could just tag it in with existing ones as "scaled in" values. I'm leaving this thought out there intentionally vague, because there's a lot of other people better with this kind of thinking than me so feel free to pitch in :D .
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pets now serve a tangible purpose in non-dps playstyles, namely tanking and healing. However, they still fundamentally have the flaw of needing to be slotted on both bars to function.

I propose that they retain their functionality when active on only one bar. The trade-off being that the player cannot access the special abilities unless the pet is on the active bar. Instead of having to summon the pet, simply auto summon the pet as soon as it is slotted onto either bar.

Because them being active on only one bar would be much more powerful that currently, their damage/general beefyness should NOT be changed. In fact, their base damage should probably be decreased to compensate.

The biggest problem this suggestion has is what to do when a pet is killed. Is there a cool down? Does the pet have to be actively summoned again? Maybe they don't automatically summon once slotted and you still have to summon them with a cast time, but they remain active while on an off bar.

I would also like to see bound armor receive similar treatment.
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hit Harder
    They need to hit so hard that your enemies are forced to focus on the pets BEFORE they focus on you. In other words, the pets need to hit so hard that other classes run to the forums to beg for nerfs.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Lucius_Aelius
    Lucius_Aelius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mainly make pets a toggle that don't go away if you swap weapons, I haven't played my Sorc yet but when I do that'll be my biggest determining factor, as long as they require two slots on each bar to use effectively then I won't be touching those skills (apart from while leveling up anyway). From what I've read the pets are also a bit lackluster and could probably use at least a slight buff to their general effectiveness in addition to requiring fewer skill slots, but I'll leave the specifics of that discussion to people who actually have experience using them.
    Daggerfall Covenant - Scourge (Xbox NA) - GT: Lucius Aelius - Lord - 648CP
    Lucius Aelius Aurelius - 50 Imperial Dragonknight - Centurion - Stam Tank
    Lucius Aelius Valerius - 50 Imperial Templar - Lieutenant - Mag Heal/DPS
    Lucius Aelius Regulus - 50 Imperial Nightblade - First Sergeant - Stam DPS
    Lucius Aelius Augustus - 50 Imperial Sorcerer - Corporal - Mag DPS
    Wags-His-Tail - 20 Argonian Sorcerer - Recruit - TBD
    Holds-The-Line - 40 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Carries-Extra-Gear - 4 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Guildmaster - Wardens of the Covenant
    Group Leader - xpThe Guildxp
    Trader - Secret Sauce
    Trader - Elite Dungeoneers
  • Mush55
    Mush55
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I was forced to use them , give the pets some skill lines to lvl up and you could choose which skills to slot, such as

Armour so many points,

Health,

Magica,

physical damge,

Magic damage,

Defence or attack.

You get the drift.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None of the Above (Please explain...)
    They need to be replaced with useful skills.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Rakshat
    Rakshat
    ✭✭✭
    If I can throw them at people like my frags I might consider slotting them:>
    Raven Ashcrown
    GM of CRIMSON MALICE
    Proud member of: BATMAN BRIGADE and TEAM SUICIDE SQUAD

R.I.P. Wabbajack
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mush55 wrote: »
    Get rid of the pets or give us an ice line we can spec into .
    Agreed anything other than pets would make sorcs 1000 times better.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Mush55 wrote: »
    Get rid of the pets or give us an ice line we can spec into .
    Agreed anything other than pets would make sorcs 1000 times better.

I love the pets so I would rather they stay in game. However something I always wished would happen, take the petline out of the sorc tree, give us an Ice line of skills. And move the pets into the Mages Guild tree, take out equilibrium the worst freaking skill in the game goodness and take out one of the others and put the pets in there where they belong...
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    have jewelry glyphs that apply to your pets... or let them apply to pets and you.
    boost health = tougher pet.
    boost health regen = bigger heal on pet.
    damage, phys resist etc etc etc pretty obvious.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the Above (Please explain...)
    Nothing. Just nothing would make me want to use them. Just nope. I wont be losing 4 slots on my bar because of stupid toggles.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should be able to have any of our regular pets morph into a fighting pet, much like Cringer becomes Battle-Cat.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Elhanan
    Elhanan
    ✭✭✭
    Make them like the DAOC Thaumaturge class.
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you remember when Pets where useful as ***, when you could streak into a zerg and use volatile familiars explosion (with was uncapped aoe due to a bug) to bust zergs while spamming ultimates
    what pets need to do is give you 200 ulti everytime they disappear B)>:)
    Edited by pjwb16_ESO on May 1, 2016 12:44AM
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Humatiel
    Humatiel
    ✭✭✭✭
    The single target pets should be able to accomplish 10k+ on a boss (yes that means some degree of spell pen) with a proper setup, the aoe basis should be able to attack at least 3 npc with 10k+ dmg per add. Given a sorc can achieve 100k+ aoe and 40k+ single (optimal builds) asking for 25% of that isnt unreasonable. Until that happens there is literally 0 reason to play a pet build outside of lols.
    VMA | vHRC-HM | vAA-HM | vSO-HM | vMOL-HM
    700+ CP
    GM of Luxury Raids
  • Grileenor
    Grileenor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets block a skilline. Make them a weapon path (with something to wield) and give the sorcerer a third sorcerous skillpath option. Make it possible to choose either deadra or animals (or something else) and you get a huge load of different character options without having to add a new class to spice up the game after two years.
    Edited by Grileenor on May 1, 2016 8:26AM