The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

No recognition for having a V16?

PlagueMonk
PlagueMonk
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm disappointed that, having V16 toons for so long, I am going to be effectively demoted to the rabble with nothing to show for the fact I actually made it to V16 (as opposed to the scrubs who just brought their toons up to V1 and waited for Vet rank removal)

We who put the work in should get some sort if recognition/small status symbol just like we got a special tiger mount for supporting the game for a year or a monkey pet for participating in beta. I'm of course not not asking for anything game changing but like other, similar things it should be vanity only and a one shot deal.

I was thinking about maybe a badge that only your V16 toons at the change over get and will be permanently affixed to their chest armor.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    I'm disappointed that, having V16 toons for so long, I am going to be effectively demoted to the rabble with nothing to show for the fact I actually made it to V16 (as opposed to the scrubs who just brought their toons up to V1 and waited for Vet rank removal)

We who put the work in should get some sort if recognition/small status symbol just like we got a special tiger mount for supporting the game for a year or a monkey pet for participating in beta. I'm of course not not asking for anything game changing but like other, similar things it should be vanity only and a one shot deal.

I was thinking about maybe a badge that only your V16 toons at the change over get and will be permanently affixed to their chest armor.

the removal was announced a looong time ago. you arent special, i even dont mind not getting anything because i got to enjoy the game during the times vet ranks were lethal to level.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

Options
  • krees28b14_ESO
    krees28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

the removal was announced a looong time ago. you arent special, i even dont mind not getting anything because i got to enjoy the game during the times vet ranks were lethal to level.

Lethal Is an understatement. You had to be on your game in the old vet zones back then. Easy to die because you pulled to much or the adds came in.
    Options
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lethal Is an understatement. You had to be on your game in the old vet zones back then. Easy to die because you pulled to much or the adds came in.

i know it was amazing, dem world bosses as well, best times :)
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

Options
  • Nacacia
    Nacacia
    More amusing...

One week... here's +100% experience, level up!

Next week... btw, we're taking it away in 6 weeks so enjoy it while it lasts...

Five weeks from now... boom, you lose approximately 140 real levels worth of veteran rank and replaced with 40cp if you are lucky enough to be below the cap.

Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the feeling you'll blend in just fine with the "rabble" and "scrubs" ...
    rolleyes.gif
    Options
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 v16s here, and who cares? Aint nothing special other than 'I had the time to level these characters'
    Options
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get 2.5 cp for each vet level you have. For having a v16 character you get 40 free cp. Sounds like a reward to me.
    We will be awarding a one-time bonus of 2.5 Champion Points per Veteran Rank gained on your highest level character when you first log in when Dark Brotherhood is released!

Each Veteran Rank will grant 2.5 Champion Points, up to a maximum of 40 points at VR16.
    Edited by Oompuh on April 29, 2016 2:41AM
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well they can give a memento for it.
    Options
  • talashgreydragb16_ESO
    talashgreydragb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    As someone who levelled one character to V16 and the rest to level 50/V1 because of this impending change, I'm so glad I'll not only gain the 40 free champion points, but all my characters will immediately be, effectively, the same level.

That's reward enough, I feel!

Maybe a "I was Champion Level 160 before it was cool" costume would be nice though, so I can show off that oh-so-impressive e-peen to lowly scrubs who didn't play as much as I did, or who had the audacity to start playing the game later than I did.
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who levelled one character to V16 and the rest to level 50/V1 because of this impending change, I'm so glad I'll not only gain the 40 free champion points, but all my characters will immediately be, effectively, the same level.

That's reward enough, I feel!

Maybe a "I was Champion Level 160 before it was cool" costume would be nice though, so I can show off that oh-so-impressive e-peen to lowly scrubs who didn't play as much as I did, or who had the audacity to start playing the game later than I did.

....I DO have a VR16 and I'm pretty sure ALL the cool kids beat me to 160CP... lol
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭
    ALL THIS FREAKEN WORK AND I JUST GET 40 CP?

http://imgur.com/jRubl66

I'm feeling like I'm getting boned a second time.
    Options
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    ALL THIS FREAKEN WORK AND I JUST GET 40 CP?

http://imgur.com/jRubl66

I'm feeling like I'm getting boned a second time.

What's so bad about being boned? xD
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
    -=Nelaren Mosswind DC EU Stamina Nightblade=-
    -=Laura Desario DC EU Dragonknight=-
    -=Marni Bleakwood AD EU Stamina Templar=-
    -=Jealine Murow DC EU Magica Nightblade=-
    http://www.op-cast.com (Give us a listen if you're into RP and ESO lore!)
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh yes. And by "too much", I believe you mean "more than two enemies". We had to pay close attention to pretty much any fight with more than two enemies in vet zones back then. And I'm talking silver, not only gold.

(that's the part when we talk about how we used to climb the Red Mountain barefoot in the lava, carrying a drunk Nord on our backs, uphill both ways)
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • Lumi
    Lumi
    ✭✭✭
    We got a costume for reaching vr16, isn't that enough? :smile:
    Options
  • Valorin
    Valorin
    ✭✭✭
    I also have just one v16 and levelled up the rest to v1 or accidentally to v10... oops! But really, it's a game.
    If a game is work you're doing something wrong I say.
    Options
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You earned more CP by leveling your toons up to v16 opposed to those who sat at v1 with their toons waiting for vet removal. They are still going to have to grind up their CP in order to equip v1+ equivalent gear. I don't get the fuss really, we were told this was going to happen way in advance. CP is the new leveling progression.
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
    Options
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry... with the new nameplates in DB you'll be able to flaunt your ENORMOUS CP at the scrubs! :D
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
    Options
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oompuh wrote: »
    You get 2.5 cp for each vet level you have. For having a v16 character you get 40 free cp. Sounds like a reward to me.
    We will be awarding a one-time bonus of 2.5 Champion Points per Veteran Rank gained on your highest level character when you first log in when Dark Brotherhood is released!

Each Veteran Rank will grant 2.5 Champion Points, up to a maximum of 40 points at VR16.
    @Oompuh I'm still undecided about whether the benefit of "all L50 alts immediately to v16" outweighs the disadvantage of "70% less XP towards gaining CPs if you're at 210CPs".

I am swaying towards the former due to diversity however, with me being at 320, it's going to now take today's equivalent of 128 million non-enlightened XP to reach 501, whereas it would've taken 72.4 million (if my morning maths are correct).
    Options
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dem0n1k wrote: »
    Don't worry... with the new nameplates in DB you'll be able to flaunt your ENORMOUS CP at the scrubs! :D

I don't care about CPs, I want some recognition for the fact I "had" a true V16 character as opposed to those who didn't have to spend the time/effort to achieve the new max level. It would go well with my monkey and tiger
    Options
  • Kathrein
    Kathrein
    ✭✭✭
    dem0n1k wrote: »

that is useless anyway....since i can't use it :neutral:
    Options
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oompuh wrote: »

This will get to me around 950CP. I think I'll really start playing at least one build on console (haven't even logged in since char copy) so that there is at least some progressing left for me over the next YEARs :(
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
    Options
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny too because I didn't even get the cp they said we would get for either of my veteran 16 characters when I went on the PTS.
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You do get something. The ability to write post like this and let everyone know how super cool you are. If they gave you something in game chances are those scrubs and rabble wouldnt even know what it meant. So see you are actually better off this way.
    Options
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a special t-shirt (costume)... you know... the usual.
    "I leveled to VR16 and all I got is this lousy costume".
    Options
  • Rakkul
    Rakkul
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    rolleyes.gif

Yes, I'm sure they are getting ready to worship this gift from the VR gods.

Anyway, this may help:
    - wts rabble/scrub anti-contaminant:
    "Guaranteed to remove any stains caused by actually mixing with other players in mmo's".
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to be fair, once u reach v16 u do get SOMETHING....... a costume .... not a good costume... but.... its "something" lol
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rakkul wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »
    rolleyes.gif

Yes, I'm sure they are getting ready to worship this gift from the VR gods.

Anyway, this may help:
    - wts rabble/scrub anti-contaminant:
    "Guaranteed to remove any stains caused by actually mixing with other players in mmo's".

Does it come with a can of casual repellant or do I have to buy that separately?
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
    Options
  • Garwulf
    Garwulf
    ✭✭✭
    The game is essentially a Carebear game these days. So easy to level a toon to V16. Back in the 'good old days' it was a nightmare to level to V12 , the first before V14 and then V16 were added. . The amount of XP required was 'horrific'
    Dropping the VR system and moving to the new Champion sytem means that even Carebears are being Carebeared.
    In reality having the Senche means you played this game when it was tough to play. Maybe a Carebear mount would be the obvious choice for the current crop of players .
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vet ranks have been on their way out for more than a year. On the other hand, leveling your VR toons you got champion points, and nobody's taking those away from you. So you got a VR16 toon... Whoop dee doo. I have 5 myself and many people have 8/8 characters at VR16.
    Options
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ive got 8x v16s

That doesnt make me special. It makes me a loser.
    Options