Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Delve's solo option.

• Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delves and even Public Dungeons are easily soloable. I think the only time you'll have an issue with these is for a first time player with no crafted gear, who is still grasping game mechanics. If that's the case then either wait for a player to enter and group up with them or post in zone chat for help, there is no shame in doing what is intended in a mmo setting. If we are talking about the instances group dungeons then those are specifically designed for a group of 4 players. Which even these can be soloed/2 manned. I'm fully against lowering the difficulty of group content in MMO's, removing what makes it challenging just results in it becoming boring and less fun.
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajaxduo wrote: »
    Delves and even Public Dungeons are easily soloable. I think the only time you'll have an issue with these is for a first time player with no crafted gear, who is still grasping game mechanics. If that's the case then either wait for a player to enter and group up with them or post in zone chat for help, there is no shame in doing what is intended in a mmo setting. If we are talking about the instances group dungeons then those are specifically designed for a group of 4 players. Which even these can be soloed/2 manned. I'm fully against lowering the difficulty of group content in MMO's, removing what makes it challenging just results in it becoming boring and less fun.

If anything, i am asking for solo delves because

-They are ridiculously easy with others
    -I want to do them immersive way (sneaking, headon, whatever)
    -I want to do them with people i want to play with and play the same way i do(Premade
    -Possibly also level scaling to make it more difficult
    -Difficulty slider would also be nice to get more difficulty.

II am against making things easy and easily soloable, game was nice on difficulty on the launch but they have nerfed the game too much over the time in overall.

I dont wwant any change on how game works regarding public dungeons or Undaunted dungeons etc, group content which is really intended for groups. I get the feel from delves that they were not designed for groups in the first place. but more of a challenge for solo (Not really a challenge right noww but still) or for premade groups for friends who want to immerse themselves in delving setting.

>>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • Shadowfx1970
    Shadowfx1970
    ✭✭✭
    I think a great option would be to add a skill level to everything, all delves and dungeons maybe even trials had a 1 to 5 option, delves and dungeons are easy, group dungeons a bit more difficult, trials well I don't think these should go solo but be able to two-man, perhaps. I think what is being asked though is delves and dungeons are instanced to an individual or group so not so public.

1. Solo
    2. Challenging solo
    3. Duo
    4. Challenging Duo
    5. Group (very challenging with 3 challenging for four)

Rewards could be for the individual, so solo would get 1 reward and group each person receives a reward and achievements for each.

Yes it's an MMO but they should in no way restrict someone that feels they'd like to spend a night just playing how they want, I often just feel like "I don't want to deal with everybody's dramas tonight, I'm just going to go and do my own thing".

It wouldn't break the game and it wouldn't force people to have to group if they just felt like trying something out.
    Edited by Shadowfx1970 on April 29, 2016 9:20PM
    I went outside once, the graphics were awesome but the gameplay sucked
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    Delves are meant to be done solo but they do allow anyone in. With the phasing this game has it would be possible for them to allow a true solo delve but I wouldn't count on them every doing that. The public dungeons, however, aren't meant to be solo'd even though some people do. I just wish they'd fix the boss spawn timers to prevent standing around forever.
  • ajwest927
    ajwest927
    ✭✭✭
    That's what this mmo need more solo gameplay. Why would anyone want to play with other people from a game that was designed to be play with other people. o:)
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wavek

Yes, they absolutely feel like they were designed as solo instances but i think the rush of releasing the game stopped the development of that aspect early.. or something else, i dont think it is performance issue as this engin tends to handle many 1 man instances better than few multi player instances. Same issues regarding groiup content were present in SWTOR where the engine however, is vastly less modified but it still is the same base.

Anyway, Delves dont really add to the game on my part righyt now, exepyt in late hours when i am able to do them alone if i am extremely lucky. With other players they just seem like poiuntless achievment/Skyshard/Lorebook hunt where the instance is just a too long corridor to run to these wanted things since everything is either killed allready or in the process of dying due player steamrolling. Solo/premade option for delves wwould really add to the game and give more options to play how you want slogan.
  • KaleidoscopeEyz
    KaleidoscopeEyz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not so much for the Delves but I like this idea for Public Dungeons. Nothing is more annoying than waiting around for an hour for the 4-6 bosses to respawn for you.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos will never make the open dungeons closed instances. Not logical. They are merely for leveling up and therefore not high enough priority for rebuilding as an instance.

The 4 man instanced dungeons are mostly soloable as it is.
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    World of MMORPG's is full of stuff game developers said "Will not happen".

MMORPG world is even more filled with stuff some forum folks said "They will never do it".
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A nice idea. Could be implemented with the Group Finding tool, just adding Public Dungeons into a new list, and everyone you invited to your group will be in an instanced version of Public Dungeon.
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A nice idea. Could be implemented with the Group Finding tool, just adding Public Dungeons into a new list, and everyone you invited to your group will be in an instanced version of Public Dungeon.

No, not for public dungeons, they are designed to be public and run by multiple players. Delves are really the only ones that need this option.

There could be two simple checkboxes in the Gameplay options

-no public delves (Would give option to do it yourself or with group you make)

-Scale instances to leader level (Would work for all instances, also for those which are now on forced scaling. I have heard some people would not like to do them scaled and for example couples loved to do them on their own when theu were not forced to scale)

Edited by Tapio75 on May 2, 2016 10:10PM
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solo mentality has ruined mmorpgs
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo mentality has ruined mmorpgs

Not true.

Automatic groupping tools, automatic battleground grouping, selfishness and general community downfall inside game are the reasons MMORPG's are not as good places to be as they once were.

Automatic grouping for instance, does not elevate social behaviour in any wway, it just removes the little communication grouping used to require in the past. For general community well being, automatic grouping makes stuff vorse becsause of "No consequence being ***" problem. When you are automatically grouped from dozens of game instances/Servers/realms (Yes, even in ESO, we are not really on the same instance of world even while we are on same server) makes community behaviour policing impossible.

Delves being soloable/Premade does not in any way hinder the meaning of MMORPG, why? Because simply seeing other players in some instance does not really elevate the MMORPG factor in any way, other than you see you are in game where there are other players. Solo does not really help community by large but it at least gives more people more options to play these instances as they were meant to be played. Delves are clearly designed for soloing, not for groups.

Premade and scaled elves however, would elevate "MMORPG stuff" more than public delves as people would communicate to form groups of 2+ players to do them as they wish. Guildies could form Delve days to do delves in guild group for example.

Communicating with other people brings the feel of good old MMORPG, not being put to automartically formed group which does not help community in any way. Yes, i admit people make friends at times on delves but this is very rare and judging from chat, delves are by large, silent.

• Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm against any sort of content that encourages more solo only play. This is 90% of ESO already.

Why? Because MMO. If you need solo immersion there is a game for that.

I feel everyone's pain when someone runs up to a chest or kills something before you can but that's just part of the experience.

If the game goes anymore solo play, I do not want to have to be connected online to play it.

But Mr. Firor said, that they do not enforce one style or the other. ESO is made to be played solo or with others. He referred to the former TES games, which were all solo play and this continues in ESO as well, most of the content is soloable due to this. It is intentionally like that.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't like walking in to everything dead or encountering the player within that wants to run through the whole thing (stop burning stamina stupid) but I like when I'm playing solo and I happen to link up with 1 more player doing the delve at the same time...I feel a sort of temporary kinship like 2 warriors walking the same path (I know I'm weird ha).
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »
    I don't like walking in to everything dead or encountering the player within that wants to run through the whole thing (stop burning stamina stupid) but I like when I'm playing solo and I happen to link up with 1 more player doing the delve at the same time...I feel a sort of temporary kinship like 2 warriors walking the same path (I know I'm weird ha).

That isn't weird, but a nice experience, when you team up without to form a group, simply because it is beneficial for both and comes to be naturally. I like that a lot.