Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Delve's solo option.

Tapio75
Tapio75
✭✭✭✭✭
How would you feel if all delves would have a solo option for players wishing for more immersion or some more challenge(I knoew they are too easy even on solo).

Personally, i love delving dungeons, sneaking and silently cutting through enemies without any haste, feels real and immersive. It would also be much more fun to play lone or with a friend i choose to go there with.

I have asked similar stuff in the past and same as in those, it is an MMO is not an accepted answer and will not be read without good explanation of

-Why it hurts you to have someone going solo on delve
-Why should people not have freedom of choice whpo they play with in these instances
-Other constructive stuff.
>>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last 10 delves I have been in I have not seen anyone else.

The only one that I have really seen any issue with would be the new one in northern TG, where people are mass camping the boss for motif drops.

Your suggestion would involve creating alt. instances for every single delve in the game, so I am not sure how much effort I want them putting into this what with all the major changes coming up that are sure to create all kinds of issues as it is.

Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tapio75 wrote: »
    How would you feel if all delves would have a solo option for players wishing for more immersion or some more challenge(I knoew they are too easy even on solo).

Personally, i love delving dungeons, sneaking and silently cutting through enemies without any haste, feels real and immersive. It would also be much more fun to play lone or with a friend i choose to go there with.

I have asked similar stuff in the past and same as in those, it is an MMO is not an accepted answer and will not be read without good explanation of

-Why should people not have freedom of choice whpo they play with in these instances

Sneaking in this game is not as perfected as it is in Oblivion, skyrim, Fallout, etc. In this game when you land a sneak attack on an enemy let's say with a bow they just magically gain insight on your location, even if you're behind a rock. And since most enemies are in groups, and instantly know where you are as soon as you attack the whole dungeon sneaking experience is ruined every time.

Also let's not forget the fact that bow arrows have a very limited range and the only long range attack is the last attack skill in the bow skill line.

In skyrim or Oblivion when you sneak attack a bandit in a bandit camp and kill him/her. It's companions go on the alert searching for that intruder (you) that killed its mate adn that makes the sneaking a fun experience in those games. In Elder Scrolls Online...not so much. It's not the fact that the game is an MMO.

It's the fact that the stealth system still needs improvement and interest on behalf of the developers, in order to make it like in previous Elder Scrolls games. In short even if we had the solo option, it wouldn't work if this stealth mechanic isn't improved.
    Edited by Fallen_Ray on April 28, 2016 5:36PM
    "Dear brother, I do not spread rumors, I create them"- Lucien Lachance
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh no thanks I don't play and pay for an mmo just to solo everything.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care, I actually like sharing the world with other people. Also, as mentioned above, stealth in ESO isn't particularly satisfying.
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind playing delves with others, but I do hate it when I'm playing through a delve and someone comes running up from behind and insta-kills everything in front of me, including bosses, takes chests, etc. It's a "me-first" attitude that can ruin something like that.

I've had some great times teaming up with someone in a delve when we've happened to run into each other, and some terrible experiences in the same circumstances. I guess that's life.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I Solo Delves, Dolmen, and Public Dungeons all the time, OP.

I run Solo for most of the game, most of the time, actually...

I understand this is an MMO, but it seems like your detractors are the people who think that you need to be grouped constantly, every time, in an MMO.

I like seeing all of the other players in a town/city. I like seeing them running around doing whatever it is they're doing while I'm out in the wild. But I actually prefer running "Lone Wolf", and utilizing the group functions and/or forming a group myself when the need arises. But that's only on a situational basis.

Just seeing the other players running around lets me know that the game is living and breathing. But in no way does MMORPG mean "you must group constantly".

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm against any sort of content that encourages more solo only play. This is 90% of ESO already.

Why? Because MMO. If you need solo immersion there is a game for that.

I feel everyone's pain when someone runs up to a chest or kills something before you can but that's just part of the experience.

If the game goes anymore solo play, I do not want to have to be connected online to play it.
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fallen_Ray wrote: »

Sneaking in this game is not as perfected as it is in Oblivion, skyrim, Fallout, etc. In this game when you land a sneak attack on an enemy let's say with a bow they just magically gain insight on your location, even if you're behind a rock. And since most enemies are in groups, and instantly know where you are as soon as you attack the whole dungeon sneaking experience is ruined every time.

Also let's not forget the fact that bow arrows have a very limited range and the only long range attack is the last attack skill in the bow skill line.

In skyrim or Oblivion when you sneak attack a bandit in a bandit camp and kill him/her. It's companions go on the alert searching for that intruder (you) that killed its mate adn that makes the sneaking a fun experience in those games. In Elder Scrolls Online...not so much. It's not the fact that the game is an MMO.

It's the fact that the stealth system still needs improvement and interest on behalf of the developers, in order to make it like in previous Elder Scrolls games. In short even if we had the solo option, it wouldn't work if this stealth mechanic isn't improved.

Even while this is insightful and i agree that stealth is very poorly made compared to other TES games (Some would even argue if this is true TES but this is not the place now) biut even so, i have managed to stay stealthed killing enemies one by one, mostly they magically find me biut still, tjhis is not the important thing.

Important things is that people have right for immersion on MMORPG's as well as in solo ganmes and when MMO's are filled with people who care not for immerdsion (And they have right to not care too), it is not too much to ask an option in small part of the world which delves are, to have option to solo them or do them with premade groiup, even select a difficulty level suitable for the group.

As it is now, delves are only place where i go to kill a boss and get a shard, they are wasted and boring in other asppects because steamrollers just dont fiit my idea of immersive delve experience. This is not about the mechanics but the feel of doing them in certain way that suits the character(s) in delve.

I dont understand why people are so ignorant that they would straighout assume that someone asking for solo option(Or premade group) does not want to share game world with others, its just that these small places loose all the immersion and fun when shared with random people who dont dshare the playstyle in these instances.

I for one love having people all over Tamriel, it brings the whole world more alive and adds to immersion(Not always but still) but the delves are often represented as places that are lost in the jungle, forgotten in time, roamed by much feared spirits or other nasty stuff that just dont feel anywhere what they should be when shared with random people.

And as i asked for "It is an MMO" argument, how does it hurt you to letting someone have solo/premade option? How does it take away from your gaming experience since there are lots of "Its an MMO" players out there that dont care about immersion and love sharing everyplace with everyone else? Other constructive stuff/Why not give players more options insrtead of less? More options for more playstyles means more players and is winwin for ESO, right?

Mind the typos, i am visually impaired and typing is kind of hard and i do many errors and i dont have enough care anymore to check the whole text again nd again, thanks :)

• Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think if you have a really powerful bow build, the groups are no problem, it's all about proper mechanics and skills. For me Skyrim was too easy with vanilla settings, I used a mod which did something with enemies making them more hostile after I hit the first enemy, they were also mor eactive in searching for me when I killed their friend.

I already had a poor bow build with low damage, but after I redesigned it to get a 20k critical snipe from stealth on vet7, I'm quite fine with bosses and groups. To me, stealth shots and sneaking is almost perfect in eso, but it cannot be the same like in Skyrim.
    If you could kill all enemies in group one by one without drawing their attention, like in Skyrim, it would be simply too easy and thus boring after some time. Now we need to make a good skills and some tactic for a bow vs groups. I like that.

Btw the bow attack range is already somewhere close to the point of mobs retreat, when they run at us and then cross the invisible line after which they are invincible and come back to their original place.
    Edited by Gargath on April 28, 2016 6:31PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I like soloing delves for the simple fact I can and want to to prove I'm up to the task, this is an MMO. Feel free to visit Maelstrom Arena though because that place is a solo instance, if you have Orsinium or ESO+.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on April 28, 2016 6:29PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Annra
    Annra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A solo option would be great, so I can see locations I could never seen before. Great idea!
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Annra wrote: »
    A solo option would be great, so I can see locations I could never seen before. Great idea!

And you can't see them with others around?
  • Annra
    Annra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's a group instance, no.
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an MMO does not mean one has to group up constantly with random åpeople.

i am not vasting my words trying to explain what MMO is to people who dont want to listen nut i only list few things.

-I love other people in Tamriel, i love leveling a character healing random people on the forests and places of Tamriel
    -When i sneak in a delve, steamroller is killing the experience, i have right to select a friend i want to sneak with or do it alone. -Anyonr can see that delves are not really designed for multitude of players, i think they originally meant to have Public dungeons as only shared instances but the performance issues broke the delve solo.

Besides i find it offending that people only see a word solo and think that people who write stuff like this hate MMO's and dont want to group wwith other. If I want to play MMO, i want to play it because there ar4e other people in it. If i wanrt to play with others, i play MMO or COOP. If i want to play only SOLO, i play games where only i am playing.

Sometimes i also wonder that if people who are so strongly against mandatory grouping with random people, really a folks that cant get to ask from other players, if they want to group and do stuff.

In my mind, this automatic, mandatory grouping is against my idea of MMORPG wherethe one part of MMO is the fact that you are in the world with others and you have to know social sklills and behaviour to get in groups by asking, also meaning you neeed to learn to play to get in group though i hate WOW style groups where gear matters more than player skills.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh you're talking dungeons in general not just the ones actually called Delves. Ok then, carry on.
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand what you mean, though on my part, i only want option to solo/premade delves, nothing else, not undaunted as those i do with group or public dungeons as they are just fine as they are though they could be tad more difficult.. For me :)

• Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh you're talking dungeons in general not just the ones actually called Delves. Ok then, carry on.

I am actually asking a solo option only for those instances that are shown on map as "Delves" oor called "Delve".

Everything else is fine as it is though automatic grouping is not really best stuff for MMO community but thats nnot what i am asking here.

I am asking an solo/premade option for DELVES, i might have forgotten to word out the premade in the beginning post but this is also in the wish list for Delve.

I dont really feel that delves were designed for groups anyways and certainl7y not for more than groups of 2-3 judging from difficulty level which in my mind is too easy even while in solo but it feels better to do them alone as it fits their meme better.

• Annra
    Annra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, obviously I have misunderstood you. English is not my native language. Sorry.
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, obviously I have misunderstood you. English is not my native language. Sorry.

It might also be that my wording is not the best or mean what i want to mean as English is not my native either. I try to explain to my best and do more explaining or die trying :D

Not that you actually answered that to me but i just wanted to say that anywways :D Language barries aree often the biggest reasons why we cant communicate our intended message to other people.
    Edited by Tapio75 on April 28, 2016 7:01PM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I am actually asking a solo option only for those instances that are shown on map as "Delves" oor called "Delve".

Everything else is fine as it is though automatic grouping is not really best stuff for MMO community but thats nnot what i am asking here.

I am asking an solo/premade option for DELVES, i might have forgotten to word out the premade in the beginning post but this is also in the wish list for Delve.

I dont really feel that delves were designed for groups anyways and certainl7y not for more than groups of 2-3 judging from difficulty level which in my mind is too easy even while in solo but it feels better to do them alone as it fits their meme better.

Unless you're a bit miffed at the large groups camping Hew's Bane bosses for Outlaw Motifs there isn't really anything wrong with the Delves being open to the public. As for Group Instances my advice is get with a group with the same mindset of checking the landscape out once the threats are cleared and all is well :)
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You can solo all non vet dungeons and most vet actually ;) There, something to aspire for!
    If you're having issues but don't want to do them with a group, have a friend downscale them for you and solo them anyway.

To the actual OP, I get the point but don't really see the problem. Honestly, last I was leveling an alt I felt like I was playing an entirely single player game, meeting about 1 person on average per a dozen delves. Unless you're doing Wrothgar. Then yes I can understand where the frustration comes from, those tend to be packed with players doing their dailies/farming bosses for mats and it can be annoying. That's just temporarily though, soon as DB comes out most people will probably move there and Wrothgar will probably be fairly empty soon enough.
    That aside, I don't really know how gaming-related programming works but they'd basically have to create a separate instance for every single player who'd enter that delve...I'm not sure it's such a great idea. The servers already struggle in many scenarios, they don't need additional strain just in order to support a feature that(sorry OP) is only wanted by 0.00001% of the playerbase :/
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. To make a solo version means needing what's already there or players would complain.
    2. Not a big deal but players would complain about weaker rewards than what is provided when doing it with a group not caring it was a nerfed version hence nerfed rewards n
    3. Don't believe me, look at all the qq about how tough vMA is yet they have an easier version.

There is just a group of players who want it all but don't/can't/won't out the work in to figure it out so its kinda pointless to put the effort into developing the solo versions of 4 man dungeons.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well,

in an MMO you are supposed to meet other players, that´s why you play them. It wouldnt be an MMO anymore, if you would be isolated in your own instanced world, as for example at POE.

To remove the burden of forming groups, however, this could be discussed, but I doubt that those who raid will ever accept this. It would make content more accessible and they could lose their special status, if everyone could raid or do dungeons with passer byes. :)

In my opinion, everything should be open world in an MMO and monsters or NPC´s just scale to the current population. To join a party or group, is the curse of freedom these days. The first MMO´s had no group feature and these games had much more social interaction than the current forced grouping that poisons every online game.

If you are not the cool guy, you can not join, how stupid is that. Reminds me of clubs where you couldn´t enter as you had sneakers :o
    Edited by Audigy on April 28, 2016 9:16PM
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I'm all for it! I think I even posted (not a thread, but a comment) about this in the past as well.
    The option to solo delves wouldn't hurt anyone; on the contrary - since it'd be an option, the ones who want it to be like a public dungeon (delve) can still have it, and the ones who prefer to solo it can just do this.

Very often (more often than not, I think) I was pretty annoyed when I was sneaking through delves on my own pace and just doing it my own way, and someone (or even more than one player) came through and wiped it out before I could get my hands on anything.
    I don't know how often I just went through a second time before I actually exited the delve, just to get at least the respawn killed.

So yeah, +1 for a solo option :)
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    id love it if it scaled every delve you come across to your level

i would absolutly love to have a reason to go back to non-vet zones
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I get the idea and i do kind of like it.

However, as mentioned before, if you like to do solo delves do not go to the "brandnew" version but explore regions that seem fairly unpopulated atm.

The option of solo-phasing would be more convinient, i agree, but imagine everyone trying to solo-phase into the "brandnew" delves on the day the new DLC comes out... .

So, i think you do have the option to play as you want... maybe not at the time and/or location you want, but I really think solo-phasing is out of the question.

edit: fitted the reading to account for delves ... which are still deserted when you check the ones in lower level zones... (just saying)
    Edited by Elsterchen on May 2, 2016 2:15PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly IMO nothing in this game should have a solo option.
    Solo-able, sure but even MSA should be 2 or less because what's the point of being on a server if phases are solo only?
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reqally dont think the "Everyone going solo one new dungeon on neww DLC" would be a problem. I think many would still go public and most would be going with premade groups, those who seek immersion dont SEEM to be such large lot though i might be wrong... But if added with NON MANDATORY scaling (Optional) as not all can do stuff on the same level they are, sadly i see this every day on the game (Though i assist if i can and advice).

Besides there are no0t that many Delves on an area anyways and lots of people are doing the mages guild/Fighters guild/Harborage solo instances at the same time and they never have any issues.

Option for soloing/premade added wirth option to scale them to your/groupp level would only add to the game and i dont think the performance is an issue. This engine which is very heavily based on Hero engine has problems when too many players are on the same instance but it handles multiple instances better than most engines if the instances do not have too many on them.

PS: Reading posts...

People need to understand that this request only concerns Delves, if ypou do not know what Delve is, check it out from ESO wiki. I do not want an solo option for any dungeons, Delves are not dungeons, they are delves. Dungeon is like Banished cells and so forth, undaunted stuff, they should be as they are though i would suggest automatic group finding would be removed as people should be able to communicate to form groups. Public dungeons are also different from Delves, there is 1 public dungeons in each area like Crowswood, they are fine as they are and need no changes though higher level version could be great or different difficulty levels.

Also understand, that i am not asking for any nerfs on rewards or difficulty, if anything, difficulty should be greater than it is now.
    Edited by Tapio75 on April 29, 2016 6:43PM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sneaking is much better in here than Skyrim.

Skyrim scenario:

Bandit gets hit by an arrow. Thinks it must have been the wind.
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

Sneaking is much better in here than Skyrim.

Skyrim scenario:

Bandit gets hit by an arrow. Thinks it must have been the wind.

Though it would noy hurt if NPC enemies would search for 1 second of where the sneak attack arrow came from, instant insight of where am i is not that immersive or realistic and far from that when you go behind a wall even before it hits the enemy :D