Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory, Books that missed the fix

Mix
Mix
✭✭✭✭✭
I am so happy that some of the Eidetic Memory books that were inaccessible to characters who previously completed zones/quests have been fixed (and I am still going through my list on the pts, so I will continue to update this thread) but I have found some that still elude me. If you have fixed them and I just missed finding them in their new locations I apologize.

*NOTE: Character has completed all zones and quests! Most prior to Eidetic Memory being fixed. I cannot say if these items are bugged from completing Eidetic Memory during the first time they are found, usually during a quest.

Orsinium Archive:
Grazdar's Notes: Hammer's Bypass (Old Orsinium)
Winterborn's Note (Coldperch Cavern Quest)

Wrothgar Writings:
Letter to King Maxevian (Watcher's Hold)
Offer of Amnesty (Watcher's Hold)
Permit of Trade (Body in Harp Nest above Niko. Kennel)
The House of Orsimer Glories (Quest starter, Table outside Orsinium Inn, no location after quest)
Torug ag Krazak (Quest, Sorrow)

Houses, Shops, and Trade:
Aera's Household Notes (cannot enter house after Bleackrock Isle complete)
Tryn's Smithing Notes (cannot enter house after Bleackrock Isle complete)

The Five Companions:
Aldimion's Journal (in quest zone, EP cellar behind Smith)

Lore and Culture:
Against the Snakes (cannot enter house after Bleackrock Isle complete)

Hew's Bane Bookshelf:
King Farangel's Ode to Wayrest (Hit List trophy item, placed in TG display case)
The Bleak Veil Endures (unable to locate, please confirm it is in game)

Mysteries and Clues
Forgotten Tome (Mage Guild quest item)

Diaries and Logs
Gordag's Journal (quest item,Strength of the Father, no location after quest is complete)
Captain Parondo's Log Entry (cannot enter Greenwater Manse after "Eye of the Ancients" complete, no alternate location found"
Uggissar's Diary (also called Uggissar's Journal, starts quest, no location after quest complete)

Final Words
Grida's Note to Dralof (unable to locate, zombie Grida encountered during Bathsalts quest but didn't drop this letter)
Vareldur's Journal (bloody journal quest starter; no location after quest complete)
Risa's Journal (starts Quest, no location after quest)
Hubert's Note (no location after quest turned in)
Kalodar's Letter (read during quest, no location after quest, please toggle read for characters who have completed quest)

Criminal Correspondance
Tsanji's Ship Records (inside Tsanji's Hideout, inaccessible after quest complete, no alternate location found)
Smuggler's Note (in quest area Smuggler's Tunnel in Mathiisen, no access once quest done, no alternate location found)

Words of the Poets
Truths of the North (Book is read as part of the quest Sleep for the Dead, please toggle read for characters who have completed this quest)

Tales of Tamriel
Sumiril's Book, Passage 1-6 (Read as part of quest "A Tangled Knot", no physical location, please toggle read for characters who have done quest)

Notes and Memos
Note from a Bottle (starts quest, no physical location during or after the quest is complete)

Daedric Cults
Or Else (read as part of the "Pulled Under" quest, please toggle read for characters who have completed this quest)

Research Notes
Ealcil's Notes, Page 1, 2 and 3 (looted during quest, no location after quest)

Personal Journals
Journal of a Z'en Priest, Old Drublog Journal, and Drublog Shaman's Journal (collected for "Z'en and Mauloch" quest, no location after quest done)

World and Creatures
The Founding of Bloodtoil (collected for "Z'en and Mauloch" quest, no location after quest done)

Non-Glowing, but now present and completing Eidetic, books:

Hew's Bane Bookshelf:
Letter to Percy Velmont
Orders from Lady Anais
Travel Itinerary

Non-Interactable Books:

Plots and Schemes
Spymaster Ramorgol's Orders and Shaman Moramat's Orders both collected during the quest "Security Details", after the quest 2 glowing letters appear in the back of the chef's tent but player cannot interact with them.

Baron Sorick's Orders and Note in a Dead Man's Hand both used in quest, 2 glowing letters pages appear in the Dreughside Barracks but player cannot interact with them.

@MissBizz Thanks!

@nurrtibub16_ESO Added The Bleak Veil Endures, I couldn't find it on the PTS.
Edited by Mix on May 12, 2016 12:08AM
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh cannot edit anymore!

Invitation to Orsinium: Found in The King's Cornerclub.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    Oh cannot edit anymore!

Invitation to Orsinium: Found in The King's Cornerclub.

@Mix To edit an opening post you actually will find the little cogwheel beside the thread title, rather than in the corner of the pots box :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    @Mix, what about The Bleak Veil Endures, from Hew's Bane Bookshelf? Was that ever bugged or somehow I just missed it? :)
    ~Tibbie~
    Senior Achievement Seeker, Scholar of UESP and the laziest trader in Tamriel
    Editor and Recent Changes Patroller at UESP
    Member of Beyond Skyrim: Iliac Bay
  • ElMosquito
    ElMosquito
    Soul Shriven
    In Hew's Bane Bookshelf it seems I can not find any of these books either after completing all quests in the area:

Arrest Writ
    Letter to Percy Velmont
    Orders from Lady Anais

The last two are given from Walks-Softly but I never thought of actually open them in my inventory to get them registered in the Eidetic Memory. I don't know if they can be found, after finishing the quest, at all.
    In the Eidetic Memory it says Velmont Mansion on both but I have trespassed through all areas of Velmont Mansion and have not seen them anywhere.

Also, in Orsinium Archives, I apparantly missed King Joile's Orders to General Mercedene, which was supposed to be found during the quest The Ashes of Our Fathers, when walking through Reliana's Memory. Have not been able to find this one after finishing the quest.

Anyone knows if (and where) I can find them?
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭
    There's one in the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary, "Order of the Hour", which I can't find for the life of me?
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000
      DC - Alena-Draco - Dunmer Magicka Templar

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vMoL HM (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
      • vHoF HM (Tick-Tock Tormentor/The Dynamo)
      • vAS HM (Saintly Saviour/Immortal Redeemer)
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)
      • vDSR (Reef Guardian HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP
      • vVA Flawless (Spirit Slayer)

Dungeons
      • vFL HM (Leave No Bone Unbroken)
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vMoS HM (Apex Predator)
      • vFV HM (Relentless Raider)
      • vDoM HM (Depths Defier)
      • vLoM HM (Nature's Wrath)
      • vMGF HM (Defanged the Devourer)
      • vIcereach HM (No Rest for the Wicked/Storm Foe)
      • vUG HM (In Defiance of Death/Bonecaller's Bane)
      • vSG HM
      • vCT HM (Bane of Thorns)
      • vBDV HM (Ardent Bibliophile)
      • vCauldron HM (Subterranean Smasher)
      • vRPB HM (Bastion Breaker/of the Silver Rose)
      • vDC HM (Battlespire's Best/The Dreaded)
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vERE HM (Invaders' Bane)
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
      • vSH HM (Magnastylus in the Making/Curator's Champion)
      • vBS HM (Temporal Tempest)
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    Is there some list available what exactly has been fixed in the Eidetic Memory so far? And where the now available books can be found now? Thanks..
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there some list available what exactly has been fixed in the Eidetic Memory so far? And where the now available books can be found now? Thanks..

@LadyMamoulian

Just last night I grabbed a couple of Screenshots of the books that are moved post quest. One was at Baandari Tradepost. These books come from the camp you infiltrate during the quest, and the camp is open to explore after the quest is over. However the books were placed just outside the Trading Post on the way to the Camp. Another one has the list of names of rebel bosses in Auridon, a quest you do after the zones main quest is over. This list is just sitting on the ground outside of Wayrest, near the Kiosks, near where the original quest giver was found.

So, without an addon, listing where all the books that get moved are in fact moved to, would be quite the daunting challenge. All I can suggest is you explore each quest hub or location looking carefully on the ground for the books. If there was a Delve, then look outside the entrance, if not there, then the books are waiting for you inside.

I found an amazing number of Quest Books just doing the dailies for the Thieves Guild as they send me back to towns I did not have much of a reason to visit again.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LadyMamoulian @AJTC5000 @Nestor thanks for your interest in the Eidetic Memory, please head over to https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/270549/eidetic-memory-bugs-comments-help/p1 for the current thread as this one was aimed at a pts version.

Best way to find Lorebooks is to first download the Lorebooks addon by Ayantir on ESOUI. This addon collects data from players when they read a book so it does show both the pre- and post-quest locations for many books. For those that you cannot locate using Lorebooks, please check the first post in that thread (books reported bugged) and feel free to ask for help in locating specific ones! There are some really tricky and well-hidden books!

I am not sure where you are at in Eidetic Memory completion but it does seem that the list of "bugged" or "broken" books varies by player, especially for those of us who did the quests while Eidetic Memory was very buggy/broken. Unfortunately, this means we don't have a list of fixed books. For the future though, as books on the master list in the above thread are fixed I will move them to a "Fixed" Category so we can at least keep track of those!

• Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    AJTC5000 wrote: »
    There's one in the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary, "Order of the Hour", which I can't find for the life of me?

@AJTC5000 Although Mix is directing you to the other thread, I just want to say that this book is found in the courtyard of Enclave of Hourglass, near trebuchets. There might be more locations; that's the one I know of.
    ~Tibbie~
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭
    AJTC5000 wrote: »

@AJTC5000 Although Mix is directing you to the other thread, I just want to say that this book is found in the courtyard of Enclave of Hourglass, near trebuchets. There might be more locations; that's the one I know of.

Thank you so much!

• PC/NA - @AJTC5000
      DC - Alena-Draco - Dunmer Magicka Templar

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vMoL HM (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
      • vHoF HM (Tick-Tock Tormentor/The Dynamo)
      • vAS HM (Saintly Saviour/Immortal Redeemer)
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)
      • vDSR (Reef Guardian HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP
      • vVA Flawless (Spirit Slayer)

Dungeons
      • vFL HM (Leave No Bone Unbroken)
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vMoS HM (Apex Predator)
      • vFV HM (Relentless Raider)
      • vDoM HM (Depths Defier)
      • vLoM HM (Nature's Wrath)
      • vMGF HM (Defanged the Devourer)
      • vIcereach HM (No Rest for the Wicked/Storm Foe)
      • vUG HM (In Defiance of Death/Bonecaller's Bane)
      • vSG HM
      • vCT HM (Bane of Thorns)
      • vBDV HM (Ardent Bibliophile)
      • vCauldron HM (Subterranean Smasher)
      • vRPB HM (Bastion Breaker/of the Silver Rose)
      • vDC HM (Battlespire's Best/The Dreaded)
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vERE HM (Invaders' Bane)
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
      • vSH HM (Magnastylus in the Making/Curator's Champion)
      • vBS HM (Temporal Tempest)
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I am using this addon and still I have cca 50 books that I cannot collect. Some people are referring to some books as fixed but neither in this thread nor on the other thread you are suggesting above there is a list of the books that were fixed or where they are to be found now. Please is there a list of all the books that where fixed already and where are they located now? Thank you..
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    Eidetic Memory
    • A large number of previously missing or obscurely-placed books can once again be located in places throughout the world, in accordance with their content.
    • Missing Main Quest books (such as the ever-elusive Aldimion's Journal) will now show up in your alliance's Harborage somewhere.
    • Books that were quest items that had no easily-located copy in the world will be located somewhere in the area they were relevant, usually by the quest finisher.
    • Some books previously buried by terrain changes throughout the time since launch have been unearthed for your perusal. Some lacked glows to call them out as special, which has been fixed.
    • Books from Cyrodiil that were locked inside alliance bases now also have copies somewhere within their gated territories.
    • The gold larceny book, King Farangel's Unpublished Ode to Wayrest, is now visible as a readable book in the Thieves Den after you've stolen it.
    • A tiny number of books that were found to have broken interaction requirements have since been fixed.
    • A small number of books that were never intended to be part of a collection were removed from those collections; your Eidetic Memory will automatically update to accommodate the new requirements.
    • Please continue to report books you feel are missing or not easily found, and we will continue to review and update them!
    • The Eidetic Memory section of the Lore Library will no longer appear for those that do not have Eidetic Memory unlocked. The Library of Incunabula collection will once again require Eidetic Memory to recall.
    • The Words of the Poets collection no longer possesses the unattainable book “The Oath of Light.”

@Mix

That's some real nice news :) I've bolded the important part! <3
    Edited by Tib on September 2, 2016 7:22PM
    ~Tibbie~
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D I am currently checking all the books on our list in the other thread!
  • AbbieGoth
    AbbieGoth
    ✭✭
    @Mix I found Hubert's Notes!! After the quest, it's right next to Mashana in the smithing area in Wind Keep. [x]
    PC/NA Server - Max CP
    [AD] Kazhiana - Stam DK Tank
    [AD] Clan Mother Kitta-Ko - Magplar Healer
    vAA | vHRC | vSO+HM
    #KhajiitMasterRace
  • Narmaeril
    Narmaeril
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot find Yenadar's Journal (Quest: Test of Faith) in Reaper's March.
    Edited by Narmaeril on January 4, 2017 3:47PM
    [EU - PC] Amaraldane
    ... die deutschsprachige Rollenspiel-Gilde im Aldmeri-Dominion!
    ~ seit Februar 2014 ~

Join us on www.ESO-Rollenspiel.de!
    The german roleplay community. By roleplayers, for roleplayers.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heart of Valenwood is no longer phased and is where Lorebooks pins it.
  • bmcxp
    bmcxp
    ✭✭✭
    Found Tsanji's Ship Records at Loc 78.48 X 61.97 in a cave, enter the trap door
    Member of the ESO Realm
    Castellan of Guild Medieval

(@BMCXP)
    Nevaehtwo, & Nerata Oaken-Shield, Professions Master, Explorer
  • Karacule_Fairystar
    Karacule_Fairystar
    ✭✭✭
    Gold Coast journal thingy from Grand Sermonizer can't be accessed too.
  • Najik
    Najik
    Soul Shriven
    Criminal Correspondance
    Smuggler's Note (in quest area Smuggler's Tunnel in Mathiisen, no access once quest done, no alternate location found)
    - found this today on a row boat just of the dock outside the tunnel entrance :)
  • Leighlaa
    Leighlaa
    ✭✭✭
    I have not been able to access Yenadar's in Reaper's March. Maybe because I did the quest *forever* ago- but there is nowhere to go and read it. Not in Jode's Light, not in Kala's house, not in Rawl.

I'd just like to fill out this book!