The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Guards and NPCs desperately need to react to dead bodies

Zoltan_117
Zoltan_117
✭✭✭
I just killed every NPC in Kvatch, leaving a trail of bodies everywhere and guards and NPCs are just walking on top of them and no one batted an eye or pretended to care. It feels unrealistic and unbalanced, I feel there needs to be some risk in it, the NPCs should call a local guard, and the guard should be on alert around the body, it can't be that hard to do Devs.
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you want this or the current aspects of the game to actually function?

I mean, they have had a mass exodus of PVP players due to lag issues, they are changing the entire leveling system, oh, releasing an entire new DLC, re-balancing several skill lines, and on top of that re-vamping the entire way enchantments work.

I know it would be great for more PVE solo immersion, but do you actually thing it is a good idea for them to work on this in addition to everything else? My god, their servers might actually explode.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
    Options
  • Zoltan_117
    Zoltan_117
    ✭✭✭
    emily3989 wrote: »
    Do you want this or the current aspects of the game to actually function?

I mean, they have had a mass exodus of PVP players due to lag issues, they are changing the entire leveling system, oh, releasing an entire new DLC, re-balancing several skill lines, and on top of that re-vamping the entire way enchantments work.

I know it would be great for more PVE solo immersion, but do you actually thing it is a good idea for them to work on this in addition to everything else? My god, their servers might actually explode.

To be fair I was actually thinking about this, they are really working on a lot at once which is impressive but personally I feel this is half done, I couldn't imagine designing the ability to slaughter NPCs without an equal NPC reaction/negative aspect to it also.
    Edited by Zoltan_117 on April 27, 2016 2:13PM
    Options
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They actually have more than most similar games. At least they have a bounty system, so if you go near a guard, even on the other side of the continent, they will be aggressive towards you.

Other games you can kill everyone and nobody seems to care.

Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
    Options
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    What are they meant to do, go poke the body? NPCs already comment if they see a murder being committed.
    Options
  • Zoltan_117
    Zoltan_117
    ✭✭✭
    Legoless wrote: »
    What are they meant to do, go poke the body? NPCs already comment if they see a murder being committed.

That's if they see it, but if they don't see it they don't care if there are about 20 bodies lieing around them. At least guards should be more on the lookout when crossing near a dead body.
    Edited by Zoltan_117 on April 27, 2016 2:20PM
    Options
  • Zoltan_117
    Zoltan_117
    ✭✭✭
    I logged in again today and killed half of kvatch, without anything happening.

Can devs atleast put some screams in from passing NPCs? They complain when you break the law or pick pocket, can't we just have some interaction on the sight of a murdered body.
    Options
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zoltan_117 wrote: »
    I logged in again today and killed half of kvatch, without anything happening.

Can devs atleast put some screams in from passing NPCs? They complain when you break the law or pick pocket, can't we just have some interaction on the sight of a murdered body.

They're just too scared and be like: "Keep walking, keep acting normally, maybe he won't kill me. Maybe it's just my imagination. Maybe if I close my eyes the bodies will just disappear. OH HEY! It's WORK! The bodies disappear and my friends are (spawn) back again! It's just an illusion after all."
    Options
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legoless wrote: »

Hmm... yeah. You kill a person in Skyrim, half the town that walks by that path "OH! What Happened??" and hover over the body like they're doing some voodoo to the corpse.
    Options
  • GeertKarel
    GeertKarel
    ✭✭✭
    Haha the old skyrim you shoot a arrow to a guard they try to find you but later naaaahh it was nothing just the wind.
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor
    Options
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The npc could at least despawn at a normal rate so the trail wouldn't be so ridiculous. It's creepy-silly when the person is standing on top of their own corpse, eww.
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Guards and npcs dont respond to spammed aoe either so bodies, not so much a worry.

But if they did it would create a lot of posdible cross player interference possibilities that are likely left alone.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options