The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

start hoarding potency runes (edit)

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cant remember the last time i even needed to look for the potency runes. i always get them from writs or decon.
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    I dont like this smh, is this really going to happen in DB or is this just being thrown around?
  • TheSpin
    TheSpin
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who recently moved to console and started from scratch. I can see that there is a legitimate lack of mid-level offerings in guild stores. There just isn't a big enough player base in this level range, and the items that do appear may be more expensive than the high level items.

I think this is behind this change, and it's a common thing that mmos have to deal with in some way. As the original player base matures the new players still need to be able to have a fresh experience and get what they need. I personally think this is the driving force behind this change.

So far, I have had enough potency runes from drops and harvesting to provide my character with a new set of armor about every 6 levels (and runes to spare). I have made it work, but the runes are definitely a factor as to why I didn't replace my armor more often (I'm now up to 44 with brand new gear). I replaced my gear twice in each tier of equipment.

Now, as to whether needed changes for new players should affect end-game is a whole different debate, but I think that's basically what this is.
    Edited by TheSpin on May 1, 2016 7:33AM
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheSpin i buy stacks of raw materials of all levels to refine, and I try to sell the refined materials to other players via guildtraders.

I have 30 spots in my trader to fill up with items to sell, at any given time. That means if my 30 spots are full - I sell 1 item, I get room to set 1 more item for sale.

The endgame materials sell quickly, and I can put more stuff up for sale during the day.
    The low level materials sell for a higher price, but I'm lucky if it gets sold within 2 weeks. It basically takes up a spot.

The same thing goes for low level potency runes and everything els that is low level, with exception of grind-gear such as level 17 Warlock ring that I can sell for 10k to an experienced v16 who wants new shiny gear for his newest low level char.

I really want to sell the low level materials to others, because I know that it is rare ....but it is just such a huge bother. I once ended up with 50+ stacks of materials in my bank, on top of the 30 trader spots already full, and I ended up just vendoring everything, because I needed the inventory space.

x_x I really hate selling useful materials to NPC's, it rubs me the wrong way.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on May 2, 2016 12:58PM
  • thomas1970b16_ESO
    thomas1970b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think this change is a first step toward crown store potency runes. I don't blame them, they need to make money to continue developing the game.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think this change is a first step toward crown store potency runes. I don't blame them, they need to make money to continue developing the game.

Going from current potency can be harvested or decon to new potency can be harvested or decon or bought from vendor is first step towards crown store mats???

Inscrutable!!!!!

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    What I dont get is why people are making glyphs for anything less than a VR1? I make lv4 purple gear and use it all the way up to like lv36 then make lv36 purple gear and ride it all the way up to VR1 with no problems. I to this day have still not put one glyph on anything less than a VR1 and can do all the quests just fine. Why mess with this at all? I think its great that a stack of Jute sells for twice the amount of Voidcloth, helps low level players make some needed cash.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the change I hate farming
  • jarrandub17_ESO
    jarrandub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    New notes say they are putting potency back in nodes, but with RNG
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    Mid-low level (anything above 2 but below 8-10) potencys are very often sold stupidly over priced on xbone, especially when compared to the prices of high level potencies which go for a consistent price usually reasonable price. And its not because they are "rare". Everytime Ive searched guild stores for a mid level potency and see bunches of them for 1k+ EA and have less than 15 days to expire - it makes me wonder why people think their going sell it when the occasional fair priced runes do pop up. So, as a console xbone player im pretty happy about the change to potency runes. Most players enchanting end game gear should have no problem affording them/already have stacks of them anyways.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are acting like you change enchantments on a daily basis...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do really dislike it when developers make changes like this and remove a core system with a wonky fixed implementation.

Rather than adding a chance to get a potency rune from other rune nodes, why not just lower the spawn rate of potency runes so they're much lower? We have these great nodes with colours and people always being excited to see that red glow, why not make the blue glow just as appealing.

If they want to limit the ways these runes are added to the game that's fine, but don't just remove all the potency rune spawns, keep it in the game as it's part of the fun running around seeing those glows.

This is how games over time become a mess, just like SWTOR did. You remove something here, add a band aid there. Then you end up years later with players joining and not understanding how or why systems seem half complete or as if something is missing.

I just started another character over the weekend and Bleakrock / Pact intro story still claims you were found in two different locations with two different NPC's responsible for saving your life. All because a major change was rushed through and altered the game in a way it wasn't intended to be.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serenityx wrote: »
    Ha, now people can't sell potency level 3-7 runes for outrageously stupid prices while 9-10 level potencys sell much lower....

Actually I find the lower lvl potency's really annoying to deal with, I am glad they will be on a vendor,then i don't need to worry about saving the odd one or two here and there, will free up some bank spaces.
  • gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    You guys are acting like you change enchantments on a daily basis...

Depending on the Next CP cap ( and rate of gaining CP)after this content its possible you will every 10 cp gear levels
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    i dont see why you can't have both harvestable nodes AND npcs that sell them??? make it OUR choice.