The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Official Feedback Thread for Item Locking

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for item locking. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • What’s your feedback on item lock in general?
  • Is it obvious when an item is locked and cannot be lost?
  • Were you able to lose/destroy an item that appeared to be locked? If so, which item was it specifically?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Altairien
    Altairien
    ✭✭✭
    From my quick look:
    • Works with equip-able items only so the items that can be locked is severely limited. I want to be able to keep my supply of Columbine locked, but leave any Blessed Thistle I happen to pick up (looking for worms) unlocked and visible to sell at a vendor. This isn't possible with this implementation.
    • Tertiary Action (default 'F'), currently assigned to Repair, should be changed to toggle Lock/Unlock. Even with the current limited utility of the feature, the number of my Lock/Unlock actions will be many orders of magnitude more than individual Repair actions.
    • Lock should be an available action for an item previously marked as Junk. Selecting Lock should, in sequence, remove the Junk flag and then flag the item as Locked.
    • I understand you're trying to cover all bases, but given the current limited functionality I think excluding locked items from Guild Store - List, Trade, Mail - Send Mail, and Guild Bank - Deposit is overkill. The vast majority of items that players will likely lock will be bound (either to account or character) and will already be excluded from those areas of the UI. The primary purpose of the Item Lock feature should be to prevent accidental Destroy, Convert, deconstruction, or vendoring of items. I feel the rest is superfluous and may cause more frustration than it prevents as players are unable to see their unbound items in Guild Store - List, Trade, Mail - Send Mail, and Guild Bank - Deposit.
    • Add ability to sort on Lock. There is currently no ability to sort on the Lock flag.
    • Clicking on the Lock icon should unlock the item.
    • I suggest adding a checkbox or button at the top (perhaps beside the Status arrows) that would take the window into Toggle Lock/Unlock mode. Locked items would display the current locked padlock icon and unlocked items would show an unlocked padlock icon. A simple left click on either icon would toggle the flag for that item.
    • I'd also suggest adding this Toggle Lock/Unlock mode to vendor windows since at a vendor is most likely when a player would want to sort through all the gear that dropped in the past hour or two of play.
    Extremely limited feature as is. It frankly feels like one quarter of a feature. This is not even close to the functionality I was looking for. Perhaps it will prevent enough accidental deconstructions to justify the dev cost since CS can (and likely will) say they will no longer restore items that are accidentally deconstructed, etc. Personally, I'll stick with add-on functionality unless this feature significantly expands.
    Edited by Altairien on April 27, 2016 2:48AM
  • staracino_ESO
    staracino_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Missed this thread and made my own. Oops.
    Here is my feedback:
    Locking an Item prevents it from being marked as junk, which I currently use exclusively to separate my alternative gear sets from the rest of my inventory. With the new system, my locked alt gear will be mixed in with any random gear I have been picking up and not dealt with yet. While this won't be a problem at the vendor or crafting table, it will add more hassle to simply equipping my other gear sets, as I will have to dig through my alt gear + any random trash in my bags. (Note: I do not use any outfitter addons, and I do not plan to. Addons should not be a factor when making these sort of changes.)

I would suggest adding a new tab to the inventory screen that only contains your locked equipment, or make it so that a locked item always appears at the top of my equipment tab.
  • aelurosa
    aelurosa
    ✭✭

What’s your feedback on item lock in general?

Hurray!

Is it obvious when an item is locked and cannot be lost?

Yes
    Were you able to lose/destroy an item that appeared to be locked? If so, which item was it specifically?

No

Do you have any other general feedback?

Can we get a hotkey for this please?
    As above, I'd like to see a tab for locked equipment and/or the function to sort.
    Being able to lock & unlock items in the bank would be helpful.
    Options to decide what functions are excluded when locking an item: e.g Locked from decon, but not selling, or mailing

It's a good start, but I'd stick with using an addon if this were the final iteration.

@ Delirya.Gold
    GM of Rusty Old Dragons
    RustyOldDragons.com
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As has already been suggested, I too would like to be able to lock other items besides gear.

As an example - if I had a couple of glyphs that I made in error and wanted to keep them for another character, I would like to be able to lock them so that they cannot accidentally be deconstructed (I would also do the same with truly superb glyph drops so that I did not accidentally decon them on a character leveling enchanting and who didn't have 3/3 in extraction and potentially waste a CP160 potency rune, so I could then unlock them only when on my enchanter to get the best chance of extracting). Similarly, people may want to lock expensive mats from use/sale if they are in the process of hoarding them for a particular purpose.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a max on how many items can be locked? Do locked items still show up in your craft menu?
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    I still prefer the versatility provided by the add-on Itemsaver by Randactyl. I, too, would like to see a tab for Locked inventory items/gear.
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay