Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

[PAX] Dark Brotherhood Round Table Transcript

• Efaritay
    Efaritay
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for this @Paulington Really good work by you and your other half :)
    "Don't tickle the Dragon if you can't take the heat"

EU ¦ EP
    Project Nova

Efaritay ¦ Breton ¦ Sorcerer - Calloniel ¦ Redguard ¦ Templar
    Arrow Rain ¦ Bosmer ¦ Nightblade - Breath of Life ¦ Breton ¦ Templar
    Taunts-with-Spoons ¦ Argonian ¦ Dragonknight - Kipp's Secret Lover ¦ Redguard ¦ Sorcerer
    Vrixaura ¦ Breton ¦ Nightblade - Miss Snuffles ¦ Khajiit ¦ Nightblade - Effy ¦ Dunmer ¦ Dragonknight
    Deadric Lord Slayer ¦ Monster Hunter ¦ Tamriel Hero ¦ Savior of Nirn ¦ Enemy of Coldharbour ¦ Explorer ¦ Hero of Wrothgar ¦ Master Theif
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess poisons will just result in even more moments where you are stuck in CC and unable to break free.
    Options
  • Mulcibur
    Mulcibur
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Paulington :)
    Options
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So if the blade of Woe acts like a synergy where you have to sneak up behind NPCs, what happens if a vampire player tries to go feed and instead kills someone? how is that not going to interfere?
    Options
  • Averya_Teira
    Averya_Teira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpencil wrote: »
    It seems like the idea of world-wide scaling is the direction the game will eventually get to. At that point, I imagine all the gear will scale the way we were hoping it would with DB. Take the difference between the Sanctum and Hel Ra trials in DB. Actual work was put in to make Sanctum scalable based on champ level, i.e. the monsters will be harder for characters 160+ than for someone with, say, 60 champ points. That says to me that the way they built the vanilla zones and Craglorn originally is not something that can just automatically translate into a new fully scalable world. Hel Ra's monsters will be at the 120 champ strength no matter what the character has and thus have to drop gear appropriate to their strength. Going back through the old content also offers the opportunity to refine some elements that, after the experience they've gained, they can see better ways of making work. Of course trying to balance adding new content and features with this retrofitting process must be quite challenging and may need multiple dlc cycles to achieve.

Honestly, I think if they just announced that this was their plan and that the dlc's would only be of moderate size to accommodate for the extra resources dedicated to retrofitting, the community would be very understanding and less anxious to see huge dlcs being pushed through.

The first step would likely be the remaining trials and DSA, either seperatly or bundled with full Craglorn scaling. Additionally, either in tandum with or after Craglorn, we'd also get the remaining group dungeons to all have corresponding vet versions with new monster helms. Last would come the vanilla zones. This is all just speculation of course, but it makes sense to me based off of what we've seen so far.

It won't work how you think it will. Sanctum Ophida is getting scaled to CP 160. It doesn't scale based on your CP. It's CP 160 with CP 160 gear. It will still be a walk In the Park for people with 500 CP lol. And if you do complete it on a CP 60 character, you get CP 160 gear that you can't equip.
    Edited by Averya_Teira on April 25, 2016 11:51AM
    Options
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can never get enthusiastic about player housing because in Asheron's Call my house was by Paul the Monouga who was titanic! As giant as a giant is to an elf. Also, since it was in the middle of nowhere on a continent many, many times bigger than Tamriel it was the only fast-travel option to the entire portion of the map. I recall quite literally nothing else about my humble abode.

13897-asheron-s-call-windows-screenshot-paul-the-tremendous-monouga.jpg
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dpencil wrote: »
    It seems like the idea of world-wide scaling is the direction the game will eventually get to. At that point, I imagine all the gear will scale the way we were hoping it would with DB. Take the difference between the Sanctum and Hel Ra trials in DB. Actual work was put in to make Sanctum scalable based on champ level, i.e. the monsters will be harder for characters 160+ than for someone with, say, 60 champ points. That says to me that the way they built the vanilla zones and Craglorn originally is not something that can just automatically translate into a new fully scalable world. Hel Ra's monsters will be at the 120 champ strength no matter what the character has and thus have to drop gear appropriate to their strength. Going back through the old content also offers the opportunity to refine some elements that, after the experience they've gained, they can see better ways of making work. Of course trying to balance adding new content and features with this retrofitting process must be quite challenging and may need multiple dlc cycles to achieve.

Honestly, I think if they just announced that this was their plan and that the dlc's would only be of moderate size to accommodate for the extra resources dedicated to retrofitting, the community would be very understanding and less anxious to see huge dlcs being pushed through.

The first step would likely be the remaining trials and DSA, either seperatly or bundled with full Craglorn scaling. Additionally, either in tandum with or after Craglorn, we'd also get the remaining group dungeons to all have corresponding vet versions with new monster helms. Last would come the vanilla zones. This is all just speculation of course, but it makes sense to me based off of what we've seen so far.

It won't work how you think it will. Sanctum Ophida is getting scaled to CP 160. It doesn't scale based on your CP. It's CP 160 with CP 160 gear. It will still be a walk In the Park for people with 500 CP lol. And if you do complete it on a CP 60 character, you get CP 160 gear that you can't equip.

ZOS said, it'll be as hard as vMoL...so i hope it won't be a walk in the park :)
    Noobplar
    Options
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing amount of effort, thank you.
    Options
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, thank you, very good questions and answers. Only the stamina talk was a bit vague... I was really hoping more class stamina skills, as I like my stam characters feel different based on a class I play.

But apart from that, awesome!
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything is a bit vague... lol... that's PR rule as it seems.

At least for details about DB content we won't have to wait that much longer.
    Options
  • Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Q42: They’re not gonna be playable, are we gonna see stuff like the Snow Elves or maybe a dwarf here or there?

LS: You should come back at 5 o’clock.

What was revealed at 5 o'clock?! I MUST KNOW
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q42: They’re not gonna be playable, are we gonna see stuff like the Snow Elves or maybe a dwarf here or there?

No problem. Come back at 5 o'clock.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "...and Shadowscales are a thing unto themselves that we will explore in greater detail another time."

Woooooooooooo!! :D
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warlock still vr12 max?! What a shame.
    Options
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »
    I can never get enthusiastic about player housing because in Asheron's Call my house was by Paul the Monouga who was titanic! As giant as a giant is to an elf. Also, since it was in the middle of nowhere on a continent many, many times bigger than Tamriel it was the only fast-travel option to the entire portion of the map. I recall quite literally nothing else about my humble abode.

13897-asheron-s-call-windows-screenshot-paul-the-tremendous-monouga.jpg

Try housing in EQ2, I would buy a decent house, spend months decorating and moving all my stuff over from the previous house only to see a better abode come along. It became an endless cycle, think I have at least 10 unfurnished houses in that game.
    That said it was fantastic to be able to place items from quests on display, sort of gave you something to look at, a sense of achievement, hope they can put something like that in similar to the museum quests in Orsinium.

Be safe
    Options
  • SpazzmanNDQ
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    I was so excited for removal of vet ranks but this new system sounds exactly the same under a new name.

To me it seems like you just need to hv one v16 character then all of your lower vet characters get bumped to V16 since they all share champ points. If by this time players don't have at least one V16 character then your a super casual gamer.
    Options
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    One of the things I'm really excited about is there are definite ways to start to drain resources from other players in PvP which changes the game play up a bit, so it's a really complex system.

10/10. Super exciting implications for PvP of all scales. Can't wait to hit shield stackers with that "reduce stamina/stamina recovery" poison debuff. First PvP change in months that has me hyped up.

This change looks really cool. I'm glad im a master Alchemist. I have tons of supplies ready. I really hope there is a "mangle" poison to reduce maximum health. This would make ganking pretty fun. Also i think Duel Wield may be able to get 2 different poisons equipped for double the fun.

Get Ready to use them Violet Coprinus, Emetic Russula and Imp Stool for the tri-ravage poisons!!! xD

Get ready to sell them!
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I'm glad I kept everything I harvested and didn't use right away.
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • ng2084b14_ESO
    Can some one post the link for youtube videos i am not finding them on youtube.
    Options
  • ng2084b14_ESO
    How many total CP is needed for max level is it 160 or 503 cp. If u have 160 cp on one character does it mean other characters when they gain level 50 can be at max level?
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5 o'clock of next year.
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
    Options
  • Blacksheepart
    Blacksheepart
    ✭✭✭
    Please please please don't tell me these quests are going to be as confusing as TG... I follow the arrows and the stupid blue circles and come to dead ends until I do a *** ton of side quests? Please tell me this isn't true. I was so excited for DB but the more I play PTS the more helpless I feel.
    ★🕱 || Eelelia || 🕱★
    Tertiary Meat

Options
  • wrathofrraath
    wrathofrraath
    ✭✭✭
    "Q3: With the VR removal are you going to make older sets such as the Aetherian Archive/HRC Trial sets scaled up to what would have been VR16 now or are they going to be not the best?

MF: So we want to keep the loot drops that happen in those Trials the same as the level. If it drops at VR12 because the mobs are VR12 then the gear will be around Champion Rank 120 or so. That being said because SO is being upgraded (or scaled) that gear will drop at maximum champion point."

Anyone able to confirm on PTS if dungeons scaled to v16 drop v16 sets now ? Would be a shame if they didnt that was pretty much the entire hype of this patch for me.
    Vokul Lovaas - V16 Magicka Dragonknight
    Vokul Vol - V16 Magicka Nightblade

Order of Mundus - NA DC

DK heals OP
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That being said because SO is being upgraded (or scaled)

Sanctum Ophidia is being scaled. I missed that pun the first time around. XD

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Options
  • Karoneth
    Karoneth
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the recap, a lot of work went into transcribing all that! Some of the stuff was great to get a confirmation on, like the housing question I asked basically shows that housing is already in development. I should have followed up on my Blade of Woe question, I assume it is a synergy that you yourself can activate, which is a first in ESO, correct? So perhaps you attack then hit the synergy to get the kill.

The good news is if you already have VR16 gear, you'll still be able to wear it after the update. As others have mentioned, I do wonder how high gear levels will go. They can't increase endlessly or eventually we'll have somebody wearing CP 3200 gear and the gap between players would be too great. Another question I didn't have time to ask and then forgot about later, but I'm sure they have a plan to address that. For now, the topmost gear requires 160 CP, and if you don't have 160 CP you'll get them awarded to you if you have VR16 armor on at update if I recall the conversation correctly.
    Guildmaster, Brotherhood of Redemption [DC - NA - PvX - Moderate]
    http://eso.borguild.com/
    Options