Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

[PAX] Dark Brotherhood Round Table Transcript

• dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghrimn wrote: »
    Q7: So let's say my characters are all goody-goodys because I'm in the minority. Is there a lot of stuff for me to do in Dark Brotherhood without playing a different role?

RL: Without playing a different role? Without killing people?
    MF: All the people you kill are bad people.

So, yeah... I guess that besides joining the Dark Brotherhood there isn't much else to do in this DLC. Which is bad for people who play a lawful character and don't want to join the faction.

Do it on an alt? There's a lot of content in this game and plenty of stuff already there for lawful and good characters in the base game, while there was pretty much nothing for unlawful and evil characters until TG and DB, so this was made specifically for them (and for everyone else who doesn't mind doing the content either way).
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    One of the things I'm really excited about is there are definite ways to start to drain resources from other players in PvP which changes the game play up a bit, so it's a really complex system.

10/10. Super exciting implications for PvP of all scales. Can't wait to hit shield stackers with that "reduce stamina/stamina recovery" poison debuff. First PvP change in months that has me hyped up.

This change looks really cool. I'm glad im a master Alchemist. I have tons of supplies ready. I really hope there is a "mangle" poison to reduce maximum health. This would make ganking pretty fun. Also i think Duel Wield may be able to get 2 different poisons equipped for double the fun.
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • Taisynn
    Taisynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you SO MUCH for this transcript!
    PC - @Taisynn - NA - CP 268
    Shizuko url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CvZa0PPdzAfUv9h_rd8J2vwc1B4NnZGkPL_n4WfgYfs/edit?usp=sharing"]RP Profile[/url - Bosmer - LVL50 - Nightblade 50 Provisioning, 50 Woodworking, 50 Clothing, 50 Alchemy Ebonhart Pact
    Nev'e - Bosmer - LVL 18 - Templar 50 Enchanting Ebonhart Pact

Proud Member of the Guilds:
    Rusty Old Dragons (Trade) | Children of Skyrim (RP/EP) | Goldleaf Acquisitions (RP/EP)
    Spicy Economics (Trade) | The Jackals (RP/EP)
    Options
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    They aren't really getting rid of the Vet System, just masking it into Champion Point system... This is exactly what I feared would happen. Step in the right direction, but down the wrong path.
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    I was so excited for removal of vet ranks but this new system sounds exactly the same under a new name.

The one big difference with the new system is that levelling alts will be a lot easier. Right now if I have been playing my v16 Templar healer and decide that I want to try out a Dragonknight tank I will need to level it up and grind veteran ranks all the way to v16. But with the new system, I only need to hit lvl 50 and then I'll be able to equip the same tier of gear that I would use on a v16 character, because champion points are account-wide. That's a huge difference as far as I'm concerned.

Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
    Options
  • PriorityBalle
    PriorityBalle
    ✭✭✭
    Pedin i phith in aníron, a nin ú-cheniathog

Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great work, thanks guys :smiley: !
    Options
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    The only real disappointment for me is there being the same number of delves and world bosses as TG.

That's exactly what I felt while reading the transcript.

Huh? Same depressingly small number of world bosses and delves?

The price had better be comparable to Thieves Guild. TG is/was too small despite the fact that you are required to travel all over Tamriel do do the small dailies.

I read this summary as a DLC that will keep people interested for two weeks max and then it will empty quickly like TG.
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much, @Paulington . Nicely done and very useful.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so I know who most of these people are, but...

Heather Powers - new Marketing Director for ESO (Bethesda Softworks). Welcome. I don't know if there was such a thing before, but I certainly look forward to seeing what she can do.

And, in case anyone is wondering about the rest.

Creative Director Rich Lambert
    Art Director Jared Carr
    Lead Content Designer Jeremy Sera
    Dungeon Lead Mike Finnigan
    Loremaster Lawrence Schick

The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    Q53: Any plans to adjust the Maelstrom drop rates?

MF: Yes.
    RL: There's some changes with Dark Brotherhood. Read the patch notes on Monday.

Hallelujah!!!!

So long as the "changes" are good.
    Options
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    Q67: As much as I love you guys I did not like it when you took all of my skill points away, are you planning on ever doing that a gain and if so can we opt-in or opt-out instead?

RL: We don't plan on mass-wiping player skill points again.
    JS: It wasn't as popular as we'd hoped.

I don't get it.

It was popular, there is so many people requesting it now because you took it away for the couple who QQ'd because they were lazy and didn't want to re-do it.

Put an opt in feature in and you'll actually see it is popular.
    PC NA - EPHS
    Options
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks @Paulington and @JasminaChillibeaner. I was too busy partying at PAX East.
    Edited by Dominoid on April 25, 2016 1:19AM
    Options
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    shugg wrote: »
    Chanp pionts aint the same as vet ranks, champ points u will start getting at lvl 1 and they are faster to gain and not to mention all toons share, where as vet ranks started after 50 and took so much exp to gain - the point why people didnt like vet ranks was the grind.

Please dont start comparing the 2 like they are the same

I'm just going to point out you're wrong about the Champ Points. They don't start at level 1, they start at level 50 but can be used on any character from level 1 if you already have champ points gained. While the starting point for both Champ Points and Vet ranks is the same, the overall design is different
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
    Options
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Q47: I know that in Elder Scrolls after a battle with the Akaviri, I was wondering if any other inhabitants of Akavir will make a cameo?

LS: That would be a spoiler. I don’t think we can go there!

It would only be a spoiler if there is indeed going to be content with the inhabitants of Akavir.

I'm sad to hear that I will never get to play a Lilmothiit, though. I thought they might come around when Black March was added (http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:294319)

Also, I will never, ever get how people manage to waste the tiny amount of chances we as players get to as ZOS direct questions with the most incredibly inane things. It'd be like getting to meet MLK and asking "Do you like it when ladies twerk?" Unmotherhorkingbelievable.
    Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So- will the armor sets that drop during the fights UP TO the final boss of Sanctum be raised to CP160?

I believe Silks of the Sun and the Dragon sets drop during combat...

A V16 Silks of the Sun set would be stellar!
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to the OP for doing this - much appreciated.
    Edited by Elephant42 on April 25, 2016 12:59AM
    Options
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Q15: In regards to housing is there anything you can share about guild or personal housing? What direction you intend to go in?

RL: So, right now the team is actually building the editor for how it's going to work and we're establishing the permissions system so we're a way off from nailing all those things down so I don't want to commit to what it will be right now because we have to iterate on it.

This is so cool! Can't wait to see a player housing system online in ESO :smile:
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
    Options
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Q3: With the VR removal are you going to make older sets such as the Aetherian Archive/HRC Trial sets scaled up to what would have been VR16 now or are they going to be not the best?

MF: So we want to keep the loot drops that happen in those Trials the same as the level. If it drops at VR12 because the mobs are VR12 then the gear will be around Champion Rank 120 or so. That being said because SO is being upgraded (or scaled) that gear will drop at maximum champion point.

Sounds like the CP requirement will also bring along different stats on gear. Thus making old gear ... STILL... useless.
    I was really hoping some of the old sets would be brought up a bit. So much Trials gear is just... meh.
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, why didnt anyone ask about the changes coming to vampire gameplay

There was more about that - this isnt all of the questions
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely done, sir. Thanks!
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Nightwolfmenace
    One of the things I'm really excited about is there are definite ways to start to drain resources from other players in PvP which changes the game play up a bit, so it's a really complex system.

10/10. Super exciting implications for PvP of all scales. Can't wait to hit shield stackers with that "reduce stamina/stamina recovery" poison debuff. First PvP change in months that has me hyped up.

This change looks really cool. I'm glad im a master Alchemist. I have tons of supplies ready. I really hope there is a "mangle" poison to reduce maximum health. This would make ganking pretty fun. Also i think Duel Wield may be able to get 2 different poisons equipped for double the fun.

Get Ready to use them Violet Coprinus, Emetic Russula and Imp Stool for the tri-ravage poisons!!! xD
    Argonian Magicka NB v16 EP / Dark Elf Magicka DK v16 EP
    Wood Elf Stamina NB v16 AD / Imperial Stamina DK v16 DC
    Redguard Stamina Templar v16 EP / Breton Magicka Sorc v16 EP
    High Elf Magicka Templar v16 AD / Orc Stamina Sorc v1 DC
    Options
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see your poison, and i raise you a spell resistance debuff and a stamina ravage/ slow debuff combo in return :P
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I read this summary as a DLC that will keep people interested for two weeks max and then it will empty quickly like TG.

In TG most of the repeatable content takes place scross Tamriel with the tip board and the maw not playing in Hews.

Since DB looks to be following that model then its a ssfe bet that after the first month or do most folks will be on the repestable content and so it looks empty. But the visible nose count doesnt equate to activity.

heck judging by the safebox rarity in some zones now, TG dailies seem to be still quite active.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q67: As much as I love you guys I did not like it when you took all of my skill points away, are you planning on ever doing that a gain and if so can we opt-in or opt-out instead?

RL: We don't plan on mass-wiping player skill points again.
    JS: It wasn't as popular as we'd hoped.

OMG, whoever asked this question needs to be given a cone of shame to wear. Just because a few vocally whiny people didn't like it didn't mean that a majority didn't. No one wants to have to pay for a respec, which most people are doing after skill lines see substantial changes like they did in TG.
    Options
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the transscript.

"Q52: Do you have a plan for adding more veteran dungeons beyond “Yes, we want to add more veteran dungeons”?

JS: Yes, we have a plan… but I can’t say. There’s no veteran dungeons coming with Dark Brotherhood (and that’s about up to where we can say) but yes, we are going to add more dungeons for sure. If you’re saying taking the existing dungeons and making veteran versions, we have plans."

I'm seriously considering to stop playing until there are more dungeons. Since there are no new dungeons in DB and the only existing dungeons that pose even a hint of a challenge will be nerfed I just don't see the point in playing anymore.
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
    Options
  • Mulcibur
    Mulcibur
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know what happened to that blue senche mount from the previous PTS? Thought I'd have seen it come out by now.
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No concrete information about the game crashes, Cyrodil lag, Zerging, Arenas, AOE caps or updated AP vendors? Disappointing.
    Edited by Justice31st on April 25, 2016 9:42AM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
    Options
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Get Ready to use them Violet Coprinus, Emetic Russula and Imp Stool for the tri-ravage poisons!!! xD

Im stacking up on them now while the are cheap, forward thinking you know ^^
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaburns wrote: »
    So- will the armor sets that drop during the fights UP TO the final boss of Sanctum be raised to CP160?

I believe Silks of the Sun and the Dragon sets drop during combat...

A V16 Silks of the Sun set would be stellar!

Silks of the sun only drops in HRC, so no V16(CP160)-version of this set with DB..sadly :(

But i think they'll scale:
    - vicious serpent
    - eternal warrior
    - infallible mage
    and maybe:
    - dreugh king slayer
    - elegance

I'm sure i missed some but anyways, vicious and infallible at max-level are great news :heart:
    Noobplar
    Options
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the transcript! :smiley:

Awww, just a tiger mount? I thought they were going to do something new... :(

@Paulington I'm going to sig this thread, so more people find it. Yell at me if that's a problem.

They are also doing something new, and they never said that it would be "just" a tiger mount that gets released. He simply mentioned that it would be coming. And I think it will be the Dro-m'athra tiger mount.

I wish it would be, but..isn't it Dro-m'Athra Senche Panther, not Tiger? Screwed again... /sigh
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2710+
    Options