The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I need some quick cash

Lynx7386
Lynx7386
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
After a few respecs, I'm flat broke, sitting at V8 with 6k gold to my name. How can I make some quick money?

I've got a bank full of excess materials, but most dont seem to be worth all that much.
I've got 50 blacksmithing, clothing, and woodworking, with 6+ traits on most things, how much can I sell trait items for?

None of my old trading guilds seem to be active anymore, so I've replaced most with the pvp guilds I'm in (hence the respecs, trying to find a good build for pvp). I havent played in about 8 months, so none of the prices I once knew are applicable anymore, and with the market so spread out and this crappy guild trader system it's hard to find a definitive answer on how much things are actually worth.

I have a lot of gold crafting mats, I'd be willing to sell those off if I could get a decent amount for them, wasnt planning on using them until V16 anyways.
PS4 / NA
M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • elraythewrecker
    elraythewrecker
    Soul Shriven
    loot all safeboxes and chests and rob everyone
    hello
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steal and Fence, you can make up the respec costs that way.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As above two posts steal and fence, also writs, sell the gold mats in a trading guild, just join one and left the rest PvP. Check prices at say Orsinium / Craglorn as lots of traders condensed and go in tad cheaper if you want the coin fast.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    I need some quick cash
    Meet me behind the big rock next to the entrance to the outlaw refuge in Rawl'kha in about 30 minutes ...
    grouphug.gif

• AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do daily crafting writs. Nets 2-3K and a chance for gold upgrade mats. Bank the mats for when u hit v16 you can gold out a gear set right away.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Items you can sell for profit:

Emetic Russula 250g
    Columbine 340g
    Lady's Smock 200g
    Ore 50g
    Raw hide/leather or raw cloth 26g
    Fortified Nirncrux 4,000g-6,000g
    Potent Nirncrux 18,000g-23,000g

Traits for research 350g-500g some people sell them for a higher price, but they also sell at a slower rate.
    Nirnhoned trait 1,500g-3,000g some sell them for 5,000g but it gets sold at a slower rate. (if the costumer provides the stone, if they don't then add up the price of the stone to it.)

Set armor and weapons prices depend on number of traits, motif rarety and cost of style stone. You can make it a bit cheaper if the costumer provides the materials.
    Some crafters also add more to the cost, if the crafting location is in the Imperial City, because it might take a damn long time to get there, with a pvp threat hanging over your head.
  • WhiteTigre
    WhiteTigre
    ✭✭✭
    Do not sell your mats you will regret it. They getting more and more expensive now especially gold mats.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most money making is a real grind. It's surprising how much you can get for rare motifs- the daily delve in wrothgar has a good chance of dropping trinimac motif pages - worth 20-60k each.

Farming nirncrux, or fishing and filleting for perfect row are dependant on Rng-esus' love for for you.

My current favourite is to do a lot of thieving, in a busy area go around and pick pocket everyone 3 times and immediately destroy any white items so you only sell more valuable stuff.

If you have enough provisioning ingredients then making vet 15 green food/drink is surprisingly lucrative (5 gold each individually, but you are making 4 each crafting attempt), I made 20,000 I'm 30 minutes just because I needed to clear out some excess mats. Selling woodworking to npc merchants is surprisingly well renumerated as well, and really how many stacks of wood will you ever need?

I am always pleasantly surprised at how much I make just from pve questing, and it is much more fun than grinding.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • ValkynSketha
    ValkynSketha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fish for perfect roe you can get 3/150 they sell for 10k each
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do writs - one character doing all 6 writs each day brings in 3000-4500 gold (level dependent) for 15 minutes work. My first character is now my crafter/provisioner and only does writs apart from that. He brings me about 30,000 gold a week by the time he does the writs every day and sells what he and my other characters cannot use out of the bags.

Back before I had multiple vet characters I used to do what Jim_Pipp said - make high level provisioning food and drinks and easily make several thousand gold for very little effort.

Otherwise you would be surprised how much you can make just PVE questing. While doing this, loot everything you see and sell it rather than breaking it down.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Do writs - one character doing all 6 writs each day brings in 3000-4500 gold (level dependent) for 15 minutes work. My first character is now my crafter/provisioner and only does writs apart from that. He brings me about 30,000 gold a week by the time he does the writs every day and sells what he and my other characters cannot use out of the bags.

15 minutes only if you already have all the mats. At lvl 9, I'm using upwards of 100 mats to fill a writ. Restocking for the next day definitely takes more than 15 minutes. But I do agree, writs is one of the most consistent ways to make money.

I make most of my mad money by selling raw mats, spare alchemy mats, and ingredients. I'm always amazed at how well they sell. There must be people out there that really dislike harvesting.
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    10k for lap dances. Or get your girlfriend and tell her to say "I need money for a horse. Please help me." That always works
    Edited by AtraisMachina on April 30, 2016 2:00AM
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell me all of your: bait, unrefined mats, unfilleted fish pls
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @medusasfolly I buy my materials, because I can't be bothered to try to farm 20k raw materials that I need to refine within 1 hour. It's just quicker, unless the prices are too high and it pays off to buy the legendary upgrade materials instead of the raw materials for refinement.
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    If you have enough provisioning ingredients then making vet 15 green food/drink is surprisingly lucrative (5 gold each individually, but you are making 4 each crafting attempt), I made 20,000 in 30 minutes just because I needed to clear out some excess mats.

This. And it’s easy and quick to restock on these just by going to some low level mine and looting all the crates and sacks (or towns if you’re into stealing). Quicker than waiting for things to sell in a guildstore anyways, especially if you’re not in one that has a kiosk in a prime location.