The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Research problem please help !

Scylos
Scylos
Hello,

I am researching traits on my gloves. I went to AH to buy light armor gloves with a trait I want. I've put gloves into my inventory then went to crafting station. It clearly shows research option for the trait as available but when I click on it nothing happens. Menu where I can chose the inv item for research does not pop up at all. I went and bought another item with another trait and the same things happens. I've had no problems before with that. Also my research slot is open so that is not the issue.

Thank you
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing i can think of is make sure you bought the correct armor type, IE light, medium or heavy. Other that that......not sure.
  • WhiteTigre
    WhiteTigre
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps the item you bought is to high level against your crafting skill for research ? not sure on this if this is the case.

How many research slots have you got available ? One can have maximum of 3 slots but its a passive in the crafting skill that one has to put points into it ?
  • Scylos
    Scylos
    WhiteTigre wrote: »
    Perhaps the item you bought is to high level against your crafting skill for research ? not sure on this if this is the case.

How many research slots have you got available ? One can have maximum of 3 slots but its a passive in the crafting skill that one has to put points into it ?

Hello,

My crafting skills are maxed out. I have all points put in clothing except hireling. I currently have 1 slot available for clothing research out of 3. Levels of gloves I want to research are 45 and 1 with traits impenetrable and well-fitted .
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    Are you already researching another trait on gloves? You can only research 1 trait at a time on a particular piece of gear
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    Are you already researching another trait on gloves? You can only research 1 trait at a time on a particular piece of gear

oh yea, good point. didnt think of that.
  • Scylos
    Scylos

Yes this is most likely the problem. Thank you for your help. I have Divines trait researching on gloves. Thought I could research more on gloves since one slot was open. Came back to the game recently so I am a bit rusty.Thank you :smile:
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can research any level of item, no matter what your character level or crafting levels are.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    Scylos wrote: »

Yes this is most likely the problem. Thank you for your help. I have Divines trait researching on gloves. Thought I could research more on gloves since one slot was open. Came back to the game recently so I am a bit rusty.Thank you :smile:

No problem, glad to help :-)
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Note, there are Reaearch Passives that allow you Research more than one item at once. Up to 3, and some reduce the time needed. You want to be researching more than one at a time when you get up around 3 or 4 traits, and 3 at time soon after. Plus, the 9th trait can take 55 days (60 days without ESO Plus) with no passives.

Edited by Nestor on April 22, 2016 7:55PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello,

My crafting skills are maxed out. I have all points put in clothing except hireling. I currently have 1 slot available for clothing research out of 3. Levels of gloves I want to research are 45 and 1 with traits impenetrable and well-fitted .

May I ask why no hireling? It's like giving up free legendary upgrade mats, you don't always get it but it drops in from time to time.