The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Poison Making

j.j.hillsaveryb16_ESO
This is coming in the next DLC, will this be a new craft to be learn't or part of Alchemy.
  • ajwest927
    ajwest927
    ✭✭✭
    If I have to bet my favorite nut which is the left BTW, poison would be part of alchemy
  • GreenGhostMan
    GreenGhostMan
    ✭✭✭
    I would guess Alchemy too. I started a thread a few months ago about how I thought poison crafting would be coming based on negative traits on herbs and how cool it would be. Let's just say I was met with quite a bit of resistance from several others saying it would never happen. I love being able to say "I told ya so!"
    Alozar [] AD [] vet7 High Elf Templar
    Dronus Agni [] AD [] 9 Redguard DK
    Vaden Luxor [] AD [] 4 Redguard Templar
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would guess Alchemy too. I started a thread a few months ago about how I thought poison crafting would be coming based on negative traits on herbs and how cool it would be. Let's just say I was met with quite a bit of resistance from several others saying it would never happen. I love being able to say "I told ya so!"

I'm surprised you were met with any resistance to the idea. I think there are many of us who've been playing since the beginning that have been assuming this would be introduced at some point. Too many negative-trait combos out there to not have this as an option at some point. Especially with DB on the horizon, many of us assumed it would be introduced then, finally.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can already make poisons with Alchemy, we just can't use them on anyone but ourselves.

Will they have other effects, we don't know. Will they be stronger than what we make now, we don't know. But, I can't see why this would be any other skill than Alchemy as it's already in the game and and there is no need to invent a whole new system.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would have to be alchemy.

Now everyone and there alts will be an alchemist.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The poisons use a new solvent (oil) that is dropped from mobs. I'm currently on the PTS researching the new ingredient traits and solvents for my blog. I haven't found a poison-making trainer yet.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Paazhahdrimaak many v16 Damage Dealers level up alchemy for the passive that prolongs potion effects, becauese it gives such a high boost to dps.