Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When are you able to deliver writs to Orsinium?

XistenZ_one
I have an alt that's maxed out in provisioning, but until he went to Coldharbour and took the tour with the groundskeeper (to complete the quest 'The Hollow City') he could only deliver lvl 4 writs. After completing the quest in Coldharbour he can deliver lvl 5 writs there. My main who is a vet delivers lvl 6 writs in Craglorn, but my alt isn't vet yet.

Just by discovering Orsinium isn't enough to deliver writs there, so I'm wondering which quest is needed for this?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm I thought you just had have full skill points in provisioning and got past the grounds keeper etc. I was handing in in Craglorn, turned on ESO plus and automatically it switched to Orsinium. Annoyingly I prefer Craglorn for Enchanting so was going to take a point out if each to go back a step BUT they took my provisioning to Coldharbour not craglorn. Very confusing. Lots of threads on here about it but no clear answer
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • XistenZ_one
    I just checked it with my main who has not been to Orsinium yet, and true enough provisioning is delivered there so it seems no quest or such needs to be completed, at least not in Orsinium.
    The question is then if the character has to be vet or have completed another quest, most likely cleared Coldharbour... ugh
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just checked it with my main who has not been to Orsinium yet, and true enough provisioning is delivered there so it seems no quest or such needs to be completed, at least not in Orsinium.
    The question is then if the character has to be vet or have completed another quest, most likely cleared Coldharbour... ugh

Orisnium has no Vet Rank requirement like Craglorn does. Coldharbor just has the intro quest requirement, and I don't even think you need to take the tour, just talk to the grounds keeper.

There is a thread around here with the the level of the Material and where you drop off the writs. But generally speaking, two down from top tier go to Coldharbor if you can reach it, other wise you get 3 down from top tier for the writs, and deliver to Zone 5. If you can't get to Craglorn (not Vet) you get writs for the highest zone you can reach, be it Zone 5 or Coldharbor. But there is one craft that never delivers to zone 5, I think it is provisioning. If the proceeding looks like the rules of Fizzbein, they kind of do. I understand what is going on, but trying to explain it makes my eyes cross. I have read what I wrote above, and it will just about confuse anyone, even me, and I know how it works.....

Bottom line for upper mid level writs, your going to go to drop off where can get to, unless the material level is lower than that zone's native writs.

As for delivering writs in Orsinium, two things need to happen, have Orsinium, and have your material passive maxed.
    Edited by Nestor on April 21, 2016 8:58PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• XistenZ_one
    Nestor wrote: »

Orisnium has no Vet Rank requirement like Craglorn does. Coldharbor just has the intro quest requirement, and I don't even think you need to take the tour, just talk to the grounds keeper.

There is a thread around here with the the level of the Material and where you drop off the writs. But generally speaking, two down from top tier go to Coldharbor if you can reach it, other wise you get 3 down from top tier for the writs, and deliver to Zone 5. If you can't get to Craglorn (not Vet) you get writs for the highest zone you can reach, be it Zone 5 or Coldharbor. But there is one craft that never delivers to zone 5, I think it is provisioning. If the proceeding looks like the rules of Fizzbein, they kind of do. I understand what is going on, but trying to explain it makes my eyes cross. I have read what I wrote above, and it will just about confuse anyone, even me, and I know how it works.....

Bottom line for upper mid level writs, your going to go to drop off where can get to, unless the material level is lower than that zone's native writs.

As for delivering writs in Orsinium, two things need to happen, have Orsinium, and have your material passive maxed.

I appreciate you take the time to share your knowledge :)
    But, as I previously said, provisioning is maxed out and I do have Orsinium. Still only delivers to Coldharbour. So it keeps being a mystery what triggers "you can now deliver writs to orsinium".
  • XistenZ_one
    Finally got an actual reply from customer service with very official information. Copy/pasted below:
    The writs are based on the skill level in terms of points spent, not xp. So, for example, if you are level 50 in provisioning but you only have level 2 recipes unlocked, you will only get level two writs. In order to increase the level of your provisioning writs, you will need to spend some skill points and unlock the higher level recipes.

If you have not yet unlocked Coldharbour or Craglorn, you will be required to produce a lower-level item than your current rank would otherwise require.

For Orsinium writs, you will need to be a character of VR1+ and have ESO+/purchased Orsinium.

So it seems like low-level alts will have to settle for Coldharbour at best unless they level up to VR. Nice to finally get a real answer to this!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird that there is a level requirement to dropping writs off in Wrothgar when there is no level requirement for doing the content in that zone. And, the material nodes scale. This completely goes against why they have material node scaling. I mean one could have an L45 maxed out in materials, but could never do writs for that material level, even though they could craft the items, and farm for the mats. This does not make much sense.

I have not tried to do top end writs on my leveling characters, they are still chasing recipes my alts need.

Edited by Nestor on April 22, 2016 10:47PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• XistenZ_one
    Nestor wrote: »
    Weird that there is a level requirement to dropping writs off in Wrothgar when there is no level requirement for doing the content in that zone. And, the material nodes scale. This completely goes against why they have material node scaling. I mean one could have an L45 maxed out in materials, but could never do writs for that material level, even though they could craft the items, and farm for the mats. This does not make much sense.

I have not tried to do top end writs on my leveling characters, they are still chasing recipes my alts need.

I have to agree that it makes no sense. You make a very good point that someone at development should be noticed about "I mean one could have an L45 maxed out in materials, but could never do writs for that material level, even though they could craft the items, and farm for the mats".
    It's a very clear point and we should at least get a comment about it. Do developers or people with any influence look at the forums at all?