Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Crafting Bags (Perk?)

emily3989
emily3989
✭✭✭✭✭
I used to sub, no longer do, love just paying for what I want.

I will have absolutely no issue with it if crafting bags are indeed a subs only items, I think subs should get more than they get now.

All that said, I am just curious what everyone thinks about them putting them in the crown store as well. This would certainly be a whole lot more valuable to me than the so-called assistants they are charging 5K for (not saying I would pay that much still), but I would certainly purchase one if they were reasonable.

I am just thinking, why would they limit their potential income with this? It is purely a convenience items, a bunch of people would certainly buy it, and I am certainly not going to re-sub just for this alone.
Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would sub 5 accounts just for the bags. This is by far the most useful item put into the game in a long time and it should be paid for monthly.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crafting bags are pretty awesome. The banker assistant is also pretty awesome, but less needed if you have crafting bags. The assistant is a better bargain than the crafting bags if you are going to play for years and if you always buy your crowns on sale.
  • DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really excited, I can't wait as it will free up so much space with the fact I can still keep the thousands of crafting materials on my account without having to sell any of them, and also I will actually have room to think better about what I want to put in my bank. I have 150 slots in my bank with 131 of them being filled with stacks of various raw and refined wood, cloth, and metal materials. That's actually taken me since I started on PC in May 2014 and switched to Xbox One with the limited time transfer offer before the console versions were officially released.
    Edited by DragonSamurai360 on April 20, 2016 10:43PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, ZOS. Let me buy this! I purchased lots of Crowns during the sale.... don't let me down. I paid you a ton of $$$ so I could buy DLC and the eventual crafting bag/mount I must have.

Currently have multiple 160 capacity characters because of materials....
    Edited by Vaoh on April 21, 2016 2:09AM
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS Please DO NOT put this in the Crown Store. have it only available to ESO+ subscribers.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Moozzie
    Moozzie
    ✭✭
    hagermanj wrote: »
    ZOS Please DO NOT put this in the Crown Store. have it only available to ESO+ subscribers.

Ignorance...
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is it Ignorance to what some more perks for being a ESO+ subscriber. Maybe if they added more perks than they have as of right now, more people would start subbing.

But if this makes me Ignorance then so be it.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like I said in the beginning, I am not a subscriber but I definitely think they need to throw their subs a bone.

My inquiry is, after the assistants selling for 5k each followed by 999 ZOS is greedy threads, it seems odd that they would not sell such a coveted item - unless they think it is going to have a huge long-term effect on subs that is.

Kind of a business model question more than who deserves what.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know it will be coming to the Crown store a few months after DBs release if not sooner, they did it with motifs , they will do it with crafting bags if they think they can make a bunch of money, i don't know if i really care either way lol.

Personally i prefer the Sub system and no crown store what so ever but thats just not realistic in this day and age of MMOs.
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sub > crowns

It is coveted. People will sub or stay sub for it. And it's a nice perk.

Not sure what I'll do with all my maxed out mules...
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is it Ignorance to what some more perks for being a ESO+ subscriber. Maybe if they added more perks than they have as of right now, more people would start subbing.
    You're wrong. I play this game because it became B2P. I buy the DLCs when they come out and that's the way I like it. I will never subscribe and I know a lot of people who will never subscribe no matter what. Some people like subs, some people don't.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    The have stated they will be for ESO Plus Members ..... See the sneak peak at the top of the forums ..... under Game Base Content and Features it states "Craft Bags for ESO Plus Members"

• Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think...

They should increase the normal bank space from 240 max to at least 400 max(by buying with in game gold and/OR crowns) so non subbing players can also keep up. Subbers would still have a huge advantage, but non subbers would still have at least some precious space.

How many items(that we would be expected to want/need to save) have been added to the game since the max space was increased to 240? That extra 297(number of different crafting items, unless I am missing some) plus if more than one of each stack on crafting items is just too huge a gap not to give other players some kind of bone.

I am a subscriber, by choice.... The idea of ZOS grabbing me by the *** and forcing me to pay makes me want to unsubscribe. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to buy things permanently but there is a lack of futures for being sub - I'm fine with this being a ESO+ feature only.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind this being ESO+ only, I agree that what it currently offers simply isn't worth the price.

But it won't persuade me to buy a sub. It's a nice thing to have, but it's not worth £9 a month to me. I much prefer one-time payments for things I want, and if there's things I can't get that way then so be it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Wanderinlost
    Wanderinlost
    ✭✭✭
    In what universe do you people come from where it makes sense that having a great incentive for one group would be somehow diminished if it was available to another? It is great that ESO+ members are getting the crafting bag, so why the hell are every last ESO+ member against it being on the crown store for the rest of us? We would probably have to pay around $50 to get it. By keeping this very important QoL feature behind a paywall everyone who has been buying DLC for the past year are getting screwed big time.

I have been trying to figure this out all day, it makes no sense other than there is something seriously psychologically wrong with society that so many people see so much value in exclusivity when it does not benefit them in even the slightest way. Does denying half the playerbase the opportunity to buy this feature somehow impact your gameplay? Does it make you feel good about your elite status as a ESO+ member?
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »
    The have stated they will be for ESO Plus Members ..... See the sneak peak at the top of the forums ..... under Game Base Content and Features it states "Craft Bags for ESO Plus Members"

theyve been saying this for awhile, and now all of a sudden its an issue for non subscribers. so remind me what makes it worth being a ESO+ member?
    +10% XP is not even mentionable at this point.
  • Wanderinlost
    Wanderinlost
    ✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

theyve been saying this for awhile, and now all of a sudden its an issue for non subscribers. so remind me what makes it worth being a ESO+ member?

1500 crowns per month(18k per year), full DLC access, gold/xp/craft bonus, crafting bag.

Why is it being in the crown store an issue for you? you get access to it with ESO+ without spending a single crown.
    Edited by Wanderinlost on April 24, 2016 8:59AM
  • frostybroc
    frostybroc
    ✭✭
    Subbing should comes with perks. If you like said perks, then sub. If you don't then don't. As a community, we need to draw the line between value and greediness.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, subbing should not come with any perks. The company should be paid to maintain level playing field and fair play, not to run corruption schemes.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    No, subbing should not come with any perks. The company should be paid to maintain level playing field and fair play, not to run corruption schemes.

That escalated quickly.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of players understandably want Crafting Bags. Has been a highly requested feature for a long time, from almost everyone.

ZOS can give just about anything to their Subs. In the past, they recieved awesome pets/mounts/costumes, and should get something like unique Sub-only motif(s) and other bonuses if done right. Not sure why the two 5K Crown assistants weren't made available to ESO+ members! (really, this would have made a great Sub-only or at least free to Subs convenience feature)

Problem is, Crafting Bags are actually kind of a big deal. There is an enormous amount of stuff to hold onto, yet no one could foresee this highly requested feature being put randomly, out of all things, behind the Sub-only wall. Far more Non-Subs than Subs have supported the game through purchasing tons of Crowns and buying DLC, and won't Sub because it ruins the point of already spending money on DLC.

Hopefully ZOS places it on the Crown Store. My pack mules have waited forever for Crafting Bags, but never anticipated this to happen!
    Edited by Vaoh on April 24, 2016 6:20PM
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown store purchase for 1500 crowns per month might be okay.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

That escalated quickly.

Indeed. We have to not get ourselves distracted by arbitrary problems such as whether a fix to inventory issues should be sold in the cash shop or via subscriptions (this one is particularly ridiculous), whether a fix should be sold at all, not even whether it is a fix or just a band aid fix. We have to focus on underlying causes, on flawed, sick business model.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That escalated quickly.

Indeed. We have to not get ourselves distracted by arbitrary problems such as whether a fix to inventory issues should be sold in the cash shop or via subscriptions (this one is particularly ridiculous), whether a fix should be sold at all, not even whether it is a fix or just a band aid fix. We have to focus on underlying causes, on flawed, sick business model.

We're talking about a video game, right? Not like an international arms dealing ring or human trafficking?
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That escalated quickly.

We're talking about a video game, right? Not like an international arms dealing ring or argonian trafficking?

this should be happening
    Edited by Mojmir on April 25, 2016 1:17AM
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

1500 crowns per month(18k per year), full DLC access, gold/xp/craft bonus, crafting bag.

Why is it being in the crown store an issue for you? you get access to it with ESO+ without spending a single crown.

Here is some math for you (hopefully I dont screw it up);

For non-sub; 3k crowns per DLC (estimated) and maybe 4 DLC's per year = 3k * 4 = 12k crowns

For Sub: 1.5k crowns a month = 1.5k * 12 = 18k crowns per year.

So on average (ignoring sales/ bulk discounts etc), a subscriber pays 50% more than a non-sub. In return they get;

1) 10% exp/gold/trait research --> worth jack ***
    2) DLC access (which is revoked the second they unsubscribe therefore putting them on par with non-sub. still have to buy them with crowns unless you fork over 15 bucks every month thereby making this perk useless)
    3) 1500 crowns per month (not free. This is essntially what people pay a sub for. The crowns....)

So looking at the above, it makes no sense to sub for 99% of the player base. Why the heck would you want to pay 50% more as compared to picking and choosing what you want to buy. You could always just buy a crown pack when something you really want comes out like a new costume or crafting bags lets say. You could save HUNDREDS of dollars over the years. Why sub ever?? The only people who I know sub is because of loyalty. That's it. Apart from that its faaaaaaar cheaper (and smarter) to just buy a 5.5k crown pack every now and then to get the DLCs and a mount/costume you really want.

That is why crafting bags need to be exclusive to ESO+. If not, no reason to get ESO+. Its far cheaper to get the crown pack as and when you need to buy items from crown store. Essentially this was why I dropped sub a while back. Now Im back on board with getting a sub cos at least I get something in return for it. That is why putting them on crown store is a bad idea. Because once again, that would make an ESO+ subscription worthless and far more expensive than just paying a one time flat fee.

Ofcourse, this assumes you are not a collection fanatic who needs to have each and every single costume/mount in the game in which case, a sub might be just right for you (how else are you going to spend 18k crowns a year sheesh??) I dare say 90+% of us are not collection *** so this dosent really apply to us.
    Edited by Vangy on April 25, 2016 6:11AM
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That is just selfish.It doesnt harm those of us who sub to have people who dont sub pay for the bags.It should be a available at a substantial price maybe,with a limited amount of slots,but it should be available for everyone.
    We subbers will get an unlimited space bag for free,so it's no hair off anyone's head for others to have a bag as well.
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand the thought process on how those that buy and spend crowns are not contributing to the advancement of the game.

If you buy a subscription for 6 months that is $90. If I but $90 worth of crowns during this time, how exactly have you contributed more to the company?

• Mercymae
    Mercymae
    ✭✭
    Apparently they want more people to sub. So to help reach that goal they are trying to add incentive ESO+. I assume that with subs it is easier to make projections on future income so they want to go that route. If the bags were also in the crown store then there is no additional incentive to sub. Its not a matter of one pay style being better than another its that some suit has decided they want more people to sub. If they see an increase in subs then they were right, however if they do not see an increase in subs the bags will be available in the crown store and they will move onto the next thing to try to get more subscriptions.