The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

PS4-NA-Scourge Lag.

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big army of reds in Chillrend right now, need more AD and DC :open_mouth:
  • TheGreatPumpkin
    keeps with severely damaged walls

Before you waste AP. Check the keep's siege guy to see if the keep leveled up to Level 5 defense. If the keep has been sitting with no one attacking it for awhile w/ all resources the same color-- it will level up over time and thus you will see the HP loss. This is a good thing as the walls have more HP, but have to sit and regain that health over time. This is nothing to worry yourself over if this if what you were talking about. If you do happen to see signs of it being under attack soon, pick and choose the right ones to get up to full health.

Thanks for your insight (although I know all of this). Per my comment: I mentioned severely damaged walls...so it goes beyond the natural process of HP "loss" due to the walls being stronger. As for anticipated incoming attacks, certainly I would expect (or hope) people would ensure the walls are secure and built up, especially "hot spots" or--of course--right where they're prepping to siege.

My AP is usually plenty, but those little things add up (like pennies in a jar), and frustrate people. Sometimes I really take care of what other should have, and other times I don't bother as much. More than anything, it's a sign of people not giving a sh*t anymore, so it's kinda sad...but not surprising. (Or, a sign The Golden's a-comin' and everyone's saving up their AP...lol....)
    Nénlindë wrote: »
    Everyone blaming each other... That's not why I started this thread. Zenimax is at fault here, not blues, yellows or reds. We pay a premium to play this game. ESO+ PS+ and an Internet connection. We pay Zenimax to manage this game, ask yourselves, are they doing enough to counter this lag? :/

That's what I mentioned earlier, that--more than anything--it's Zenimax. I think they're losing money, simply put.
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elementz wrote: »
    The lag will probably get better, multiple guilds in AD and EP have left scourge. There's nothing that could compete to the 5 DC groups running around, there's nothing my 7 man can do in there.

And the truth comes out. The problem isn't DC but the 7 man groups trying to take on the 24 man groups. Stop this please. You're not helping the problem lmao. Sure you may wipe them here or there but is that helping you win the campaign? is it helping moral in the faction? the score board says no.

I miss the old Freelance, the good days when they had a huge group always on, using tactics to take points away from the opposing faction.It seems like everyone got so caught up in beating bacons group that they started to lose the campaign in their pursuit. Do you boo boo.

No one that is good enough to make a true impact on the scoreboard cares enough about the scoreboard so that its there sole priority, with perhaps a few exceptions. Do I want to win, of course I do, but I'm not about to sacrifice my fun by doing so. If you want to guarantee a win every campaign find a group of like minded players and cap resources at the end of every score eval every day. It may not be fun but who needs fun when your faction can brag about winning and stuffs a kool extra 15k gold and 5 purples to boot! Also a seven man with some pugs can certainly make a difference in this update, but with forward camps once you reach a certain numbers of players if you can't at least partially match them winning is literally impossible. Its the way the game currently is, its stupid ofc but its how it is.

Also the old Freelance was certainly good for their time, but I would consider both Freelance and the old Flawless Conquers (the two dominant non complete zerg guilds of their time) were still quite bad. My group toward the end of orsinuim could have farmed the orginal flawless conquers 24 man if we actually had an optimal group composition with maybe 10-12 people. And as I said above, with this patch once the zerg gets big enough if you can't come close to matching it you can never wipe the opposing force. Playing cat and mouse with camps doesn't work when an opposing faction can have 24 ppl outside with there camp and still outnumber you inside the keep 3:1. A guild like the old Freelance could definalty make pushing south hard by the blue pug zerg, but adventually +70 would go south with forward camp spam nothing is going to stop it.
    I give blue their credit. I ain't even mad at them.

Forward camps have proven to be such a nuisance. Folks don't care about capturing a keep, they don't even set up siege. They want a camp nearby so they can run in with their attack and help kill someone. Respawn and repeat. AD spent 6 hours outside allessia this morning.

Then you have the PUGs of AD and EP who say, ' Wow their tryna dethrone lets attack them from behind, lots of AP!' both sides do this its always been ***.

If they don't do the above they do things like push up and take BRK and arrius. Or vice versa reds come down and attack alessia and fargyl.

Freelance lost quite a few active players to other games, some just before TG and some after. We barely pull a 15 man group together, and over half of them are new players just learning pvp.

Their needs to be some sort of training simulation mandatory for players so people learn how to play. Personally I am tired of teaching the same stuff over and over, just to roll up to a castle and find pugs took a resource and set up 6 fire ballistae and that they blame zergs as to why they can't take a castle.

Soon as AP gains from kills gets nerfed to hell we might start seeing folks actually defend a castle. Until then folks could give a rats ass about winning long as their in the top 2%. No prize, motivation, or Roleplaying incentive.

Let's be real, at this point most folks just want dueling so they can jump into a match making lobby and play like its COD. Throw some defend the resource in their and your good to go. Cyrodil is busted I have more fun playing Paragon atm.

I think pretty much everyone's guilds are falling apart. Everything in this patch pushes you away from running more than 4, ap gets worse, you still can't take heavily defended objectives without help, and the gameplay just isn't as fun anymore. Really, you might as well zergsurf with 3 friends, make loads of ap, and hope the pug zerg actually accomplishes something. My guild is completely over trying to cap contested objectives by ourselves, we may pvdoor Roe or Alessia but I won't go near ash without 10-20 pugs when I only have 12 because the game is built so heavily against the smaller force its absolutely stupid. Honestly we would be lucky to even have 12 online at any given day after this patch, the only reason I'm playing myself is I want to actually hit GO grade 2.

I also feel that the ap increase per kill has little to do with anything that we're seeing over the last few weeks. Most people have always just potatoed from keep to keep with out a real care in the world, FCs just make it easier to sustain and thus more noticeable. This in addition to the lack of even semi competent guild groups has left real AvA in a sorry state, one from which I'm not sure pvp will recover.
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    My entire guild re homed to Chillred/Skull. It was fun farming bacon at his gates a few times but then the rest of DC seemed to rally out of the blue (see what I did there? B) ). I've only been in Scourge a couple of times since the last campaign ended, and when I start lagging in the starting gates lol I'm outtttt. P.S. Chillrend has been a blast. Lots of competitive/respectful players from all sides. While the PUGs are great for AP farming in Scourge, they continue to bunch up and never think twice about the performance strain they cause. It's not their fault, who wouldn't follow baconator? He goes where the AP is.

For the first part, I assume sarcasm. As for the pugs stacking, I know you didn't play on Azuras during early janurary\feburary, but PLENTY of guilds were willfully stacking with other guilds and pugs. I could go to aleswell with 12 and get 3 guild raids from two guilds to chase us all the way back to glade. The only reason your not seeing it on chill\skull is there simply aren't enough people left to stack to do so on multiple campaigns. IF scourge becomes a full fledged buff server ( or when zos removes more campaigns because plenty are nearly empty prime time) you'll notice the massive zergs and horrible lag in these servers as well.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • Sk000tch
    Sk000tch
    ✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    This truly is a game of perception.

Can't disagree with you there.

ITT some of the best players and guild leaders PS4 NA has ever had lament on the status of the pvp and the scrub level of competition on scourge.

In the thread directly below this, the new crop desrcribe scourge as "a blast," talk about their "great groups," and how they are "excited they finally found a competitive campaign." They are "proud to call Scourge their home," and care enough about winning to suspect cross faction alliances... meanwhile I just wish they'd get off my damn lawn.

I'm not talking ***, if anything I'm envious. It is indeed a game of perception.
    Edited by Sk000tch on April 20, 2016 4:30AM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your insight (although I know all of this). Per my comment: I mentioned severely damaged walls...so it goes beyond the natural process of HP "loss" due to the walls being stronger. As for anticipated incoming attacks, certainly I would expect (or hope) people would ensure the walls are secure and built up, especially "hot spots" or--of course--right where they're prepping to siege.

My AP is usually plenty, but those little things add up (like pennies in a jar), and frustrate people. Sometimes I really take care of what other should have, and other times I don't bother as much. More than anything, it's a sign of people not giving a sh*t anymore, so it's kinda sad...but not surprising. (Or, a sign The Golden's a-comin' and everyone's saving up their AP...lol....)

Oh, alright my bad. You'd be surprised how many don't know about that on PS4. 1.0 d

You should totally call people out on that. I get what you're saying here. It does add up a lot. But you're right, we're all in this together and we need to contribute to resurrecting the dead and repairing walls. In my defense though, when I can't do either or, I have been protecting people from MagNB suicide bombers when there are people repairing doors. As they are very vulnerable to sneak attacks.
  • DynastyIXII
    DynastyIXII
    ✭✭✭
    I find it funny how this campaign is a clone of Azura's, DC goes on a rampage for the 1st week and then the campaign levels out. This is why you don't give up hope so early in a 30 day campaign. It's 30 days long! hopefully people return now and this campaign can become really competitive like that campaign late 2015 when AD won by 2 or 3 points, the good ol'days :smile:
    PS4 NA
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @The-Baconator not sure why you did it but props to you for abdicating emperor and letting the campaign breathe a little.
    Only problem now we have Elementz to deal with. lmao
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My entire guild re homed to Chillred/Skull. It was fun farming bacon at his gates a few times but then the rest of DC seemed to rally out of the blue (see what I did there? B) ). I've only been in Scourge a couple of times since the last campaign ended, and when I start lagging in the starting gates lol I'm outtttt. P.S. Chillrend has been a blast. Lots of competitive/respectful players from all sides. While the PUGs are great for AP farming in Scourge, they continue to bunch up and never think twice about the performance strain they cause. It's not their fault, who wouldn't follow baconator? He goes where the AP is.

For the first part, I assume sarcasm. As for the pugs stacking, I know you didn't play on Azuras during early janurary\feburary, but PLENTY of guilds were willfully stacking with other guilds and pugs. I could go to aleswell with 12 and get 3 guild raids from two guilds to chase us all the way back to glade. The only reason your not seeing it on chill\skull is there simply aren't enough people left to stack to do so on multiple campaigns. IF scourge becomes a full fledged buff server ( or when zos removes more campaigns because plenty are nearly empty prime time) you'll notice the massive zergs and horrible lag in these servers as well.

No Sarcasm. We farmed you and the pugs following you at your gates (before this new Pop Locked Scourge Campaign). I can find the video from Hollykills if you'd like. And I never played in Azura because I don't like power points that are considered games. I do see PUGS stack in skull...but only the EP side does it since they follow their emperor around 24/7. Chillrend is full of good players who know better and the lag has only been bad when there's a 3 way fight for the last keep to dethrone.
    Edited by Moglijuana on April 21, 2016 3:47PM
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • ArchAngeI-X
    ArchAngeI-X
    ✭✭
    @The-Baconator not sure why you did it but props to you for abdicating emperor and letting the campaign breathe a little.
    Only problem now we have Elementz to deal with. lmao

Lmao. Now we wait and see if yellow will follow suit with blue.
    I'd like to believe that the other faction is scared of me, but in reality they're probably more like "F**k this guy."
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IDK, woke up to a night capped blue Scourge and red night capped Chillrend. 1.0

As an aside, something I was pondering yesterday. Perhaps this is just me, but me thinks it has seems way easier to track down Magic NB since the VD set dropped. I have yet to really have a dire need to craft more detect potions. Since every time I see one they always religiously apply Proxy then find the nearest large blob of enemies to explode in. To which they then proceed to stay uncloaked long enough for me to unload arrows into their skulls. Defense? Really? That goes out the window once a MagNB with his VD set finds a blob of enemies. If you're going to bomb a group of enemies and let yourself be free AP, well then... OK 1.0 And if you're gonna chase down someone carrying a scroll you should proxy where no one can see you, because catching a MagNB with my Soul Tether to pull them out of stealth is bad.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on April 22, 2016 1:37PM
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it funny how this campaign is a clone of Azura's, DC goes on a rampage for the 1st week and then the campaign levels out. This is why you don't give up hope so early in a 30 day campaign. It's 30 days long! hopefully people return now and this campaign can become really competitive like that campaign late 2015 when AD won by 2 or 3 points, the good ol'days :smile:

I remember that campaign. That was when I was with Freelance.

Good times. Good times.

At the moment I'm 98% Dark Souls 3 and 2% Cyrodiil.

Still holding out for the good times though.
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭

No Sarcasm. We farmed you and the pugs following you at your gates (before this new Pop Locked Scourge Campaign). I can find the video from Hollykills if you'd like. And I never played in Azura because I don't like power points that are considered games. I do see PUGS stack in skull...but only the EP side does it since they follow their emperor around 24/7. Chillrend is full of good players who know better and the lag has only been bad when there's a 3 way fight for the last keep to dethrone.

Omg, I don't even know where to start. You guys were easily running 24 and you probably had more ( or of course you get a bunch of pugs that for some reason think equipping the wedding dress is cool and following you around would be equally cool when they see your group ) and you had plenty of non wedding dress pugs as well. There were plenty of bombs on you guys that literally killed +20 EASILY (some of your group some pugs) when we had maybe 8 people that had successfully defeated the load screen boss back at the gate. If you didn't have someone spamming camps we would have wiped you within the first 5 minutes of us showing up, there was one in peticular where a member of our group that loaded in late got 16 templars for a kill quest. Please don't pretend that you were "farming" anyone beyond a few pugs that may have ALMOST outnumbered you 2:1 after literally every yellow pug not in your group left.

And once again, the reason why you don't see absurd pugs stacks most of the day is because not enough people actually pvp in eso to due so.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah elementz scrubbing with his vicious death and QQing lol. Saw AD try and take Roebeck from DC yesterday tons of players from both sides hardly Nd lag while yellow is fighting. Elementz is hiding in a corner chugging pots trying to get an ult so he could set and tether shame that my caltrops landed on him so he couldn't cloak away. @Moglijuana lol you farming at gates you left scourge because it became competitive since EP can't pvdoor the entire map at night anymore you left to go fight DC scrubs in skull and pvdoor there
  • Elementz
    Elementz
    ✭✭
    AOECAPS wrote: »
    Ah elementz scrubbing with his vicious death and QQing lol. Saw AD try and take Roebeck from DC yesterday tons of players from both sides hardly Nd lag while yellow is fighting. Elementz is hiding in a corner chugging pots trying to get an ult so he could set and tether shame that my caltrops landed on him so he couldn't cloak away. @Moglijuana lol you farming at gates you left scourge because it became competitive since EP can't pvdoor the entire map at night anymore you left to go fight DC scrubs in skull and pvdoor there

Oh man I don't know where to start.

First, you're stupid if you don't use vicious as emperor or even not as emperor. That's like telling me to stop spamming ultimates to give the enemy a chance.

Second, who are you, you random?

Third, I used cloak maybe a total of 10 times in my 1 and a half day emperor reign, making almost 3 million AP in that span.

Fourth, If your not talking about when I was emperor, why do you care so much about me cockroaching around? I must have blown your full group a couple of times if that's the case.

Even if that is the case, why do you get so blood thirsty on one dude like every other random?
    Edited by Elementz on April 23, 2016 7:36AM
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elementz wrote: »
    AOECAPS wrote: »

Oh man I don't know where to start.

First, you're stupid if you don't use vicious as emperor or even not as emperor. That's like telling me to stop spamming ultimates to give the enemy a chance.

Second, who are you, you random?

Third, I used cloak maybe a total of 10 times in my 1 and a half day emperor reign, making almost 3 million AP in that span.

Fourth, If your not talking about when I was emperor, why do you care so much about me cockroaching around? I must have blown your full group a couple of times if that's the case.

Even if that is the case, why do you get so blood thirsty on one dude like every other random?
    Lol you're just precious I run solo you have never killed me and you tried to prox det me tonight and when you realized you weren't going to kill me you tried to cloak away.lol all you have ever done is play FOTM trash in the infamous words of TY Cobb "git good".
    Lol blood thirsty you're in here qq about not being able to wiped 40 man groups by your whittle self.you need to spend more time actually trying to fight instead of smashing your face into the controller with prox det and tether and qqing on the forums.
  • Sk000tch
    Sk000tch
    ✭✭✭
    @The-Baconator @Elementz Is it annoying or flattering when players make forum posts bragging about killing you? Figure its kind of like the lag-switch or hate messages?

Makes me wish this game had kill tracker.

btw I admit it, I sometimes die in this game...
  • Nénlindë
    Nénlindë
    ✭✭✭
    Once again, this thread is not a place to pick on each other. I opened this thread to maybe shed light on the lag in Scourge on PS4 North America, in hopes that Zenimax could get a better understanding of what's happening. We're not enemies on the forums. We pay a premium to play this game, ask yourself if Zenimax is doing enough to combat the lag... Quit being so petty and fighting over trivial matters. :(
    Charmander
    every time
    nothing ever beats charmander
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Over the course of this thread, it seemed this discussion of lag has branched into more heated discussions between alliance members. It is because of this that we've decided to close the thread. For further posts, please be sure to abide by the Forum Rules to ensure the forums stay a friendly and helpful place for all.

Thank for for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.