Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Scourge PS4

Ballcap
Ballcap
✭✭✭✭
I'm in the AD and I want to say I had a blast playing in this campaign yesterday. I've been looking for a new home campaign for a while and it's hard to find one where all three sides are participating. First I tried Haderus but it was completely yellow and boring. Then I tried Skull of Corruption, it was the opposite there is no yellow there and I was immediately wiped over and over (I'm probably "ok at best" at pvp). I also tried Azura's star for a while and that was fine, I don't need my champion points, but just like Haderus it was completely yellow and boring (although maybe that has changed now). However, Scourge is a blast. There seems to be a "purple alliance" but I'm sure that's just my perspective as a yellow player.

Good show red and blue. I'll see you tonight!
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »
    I'm in the AD and I want to say I had a blast playing in this campaign yesterday. I've been looking for a new home campaign for a while and it's hard to find one where all three sides are participating. First I tried Haderus but it was completely yellow and boring. Then I tried Skull of Corruption, it was the opposite there is no yellow there and I was immediately wiped over and over (I'm probably "ok at best" at pvp). I also tried Azura's star for a while and that was fine, I don't need my champion points, but just like Haderus it was completely yellow and boring (although maybe that has changed now). However, Scourge is a blast. There seems to be a "purple alliance" but I'm sure that's just my perspective as a yellow player.

As a fellow in Scourge. But on PS4 EU. AD. I just wanted to say. I am glad you like Scourge also. Scourge has always been my campaign. Ever since it came out. I am proud to call Scourge my home and I feel comfortable in it. Hopefully it is same with you. May you continue to like Scourge. :smiley:
    Edited by Serjustin19 on April 16, 2016 2:58AM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a DC player from Scourge i 100% agree with you. There are great groups on each alliance and there is finally a campaign with all 3 alliances creating a mess (dynamic).

DC has no such alliance with EP or AD. These assumptions will always happen in a 3 way fight. Each alliance will somtimes have more people pushing 1 color. Somtimes its 2 factions against the same color which is why these assumptions happen.

I had a blast defending chalmen last night with my pvp guild. Red and Yellow both attended! We held it though. Was a crazy fight.

Glad your having a blast! I'll make sure to keep an eye out for you! @Ballcap whats your psn so i can make sure its you?

If anyone see's me in battle be sure to do some emotes! The more original the better! Just remember, when i kill you its nothing personal its just buisness ;) !! (plz no flame for this comment, its just for fun. im no pro, just your friendly allie/rival Soup)
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on April 18, 2016 7:40PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely no purple alliance! lol
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear players of all alliances accusing opposing factions of working together. It's bias (usually), nothing more. Even on Haderus (AD dominated) the EP will Viscious Death/Clever Alchemist Proxy+Soul Tether any DC they see. Scourge is actually very even :)

My story about teamwork: There were 20+ AD in the Imperial City Arena on Haderus and 1 DC (myself) looking for a battle. There was a random EP or two looking for kills as well. I attacked Immolator Charr for fun and dragged him into a room where I brought him down to 10% health.

At this moment, a max damage Magicka NB zergbust ganker uses Lotus Fan from stealth to gapclose, then runs away after he gets his Proxy+Soul Tether burst off. The boss managed to finish me. Even have a video :(

Trust me, rarely will you ever see two alliances working together.
    Edited by Vaoh on April 19, 2016 9:33PM
  • FatKidHatchets
    FatKidHatchets
    ✭✭✭
    No alliance just dumb players who play with no strategy to win the campaign
  • DjKahun
    DjKahun
    ✭✭✭
    Serjustwhy wrote: »
    Ballcap wrote: »

As a fellow in Scourge. But on PS4 EU. AD. I just wanted to say. I am glad you like Scourge also. Scourge has always been my campaign. Ever since it came out. I am proud to call Scourge my home and I feel comfortable in it. Hopefully it is same with you. May you continue to like Scourge. :smiley:

Had a go on Scourge yesterday as it's my guest campaign. I spend most of my time on Thornblade since I started playing this game. Have to say I have had a lot of fun defending the last keep before yellows got emperor.
    ~ Snowborn ~ Ebonheart Loyals ~
    V16 - Stamina Templar - Nord [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
    V16 - Magicka Sorcerer - Dark Elf [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    @GreenSoup2HoT On PS4 I'm Ballcap (just like here). On the rare occasion I manage to kill another player I like to shovel a grave and then pray for them. Teabagging is for the non-creative. Good luck all and see you soon!

• KILLu4aCORONA
    KILLu4aCORONA
    ✭✭
    If we could all step back, and allow the campaign a day or two to breathe, it can still be salvageable.
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only time alliances work together is when a player from 1 faction rolls a lowbie to help their original faction get their scroll back like EP did 3hrs ago other than that good fighting had by all good 3 way fights by Arrius mine earlier today
  • socivL
    socivL
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for playing on scourge over a month ago.
    we miss you
    2 templars - 1 cup
  • socivL
    socivL
    ✭✭✭

the red and blue are always working together on this campaign to stop the foreign invasion of the parasitic yellow players.
    2 templars - 1 cup
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    socivL wrote: »

the red and blue are always working together on this campaign to stop the foreign invasion of the parasitic yellow players.

EP is getting pushed by DC 24/7 EP pushes south when they can't move west. I've seen EP take bloodmayne while DC was at kingscrest And Farragut lol. EP picks on the weaker faction they did the same in Azura. DC had 1 keep and no scrolls during prime time EP was sieging that keep lol
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    From what I've observed most EP guilds would rather go cap warden\rayles\glade over pushing something like chal\ales. The significance of having a decent push along the lanes can't be overstated as map position and the average outcome along the lanes can either empower of demoralize a given factions pugs\guilds that put more weight than normal on the map. EP\AD need a guild than doesn't mind doing the more difficult work when outnumbered, and so far most are simply content with PvDoor or not pushing until they know they have a decent numerical advantage.
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    so far most are simply content with PvDoor or not pushing until they know they have a decent numerical advantage.

Sorry for the question but what is PvDoor?

Also, Baconator, I've fought against you and your group many times. I don't think I've ever been able to kill you. Props to you!
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvDoor is basically pushing the opposition all the way to their spawn-in gates where they first step into Cyrodiil from PvE land. Some refer to it as PvDoor. Some refer to it as PvGating, as in to heard the group of enemies into its home gate to farm them. It is the same thing.

The notion of PvDooring is pretty bad. The opposition has its respawn area to its back and can only fight in a very restrictive area resulting in pretty boring PvP after 5 minutes. This is something most good natured folks on NA PS4 try to avoid, if at all possible.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on May 20, 2016 8:38PM
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvDoor is basically pushing the opposition all the way to their spawn-in gates where they first step into Cyrodiil from PvE land. Some refer to it as PvDoor. Some refer to it as PvGating, as in to heard the group of enemies into its home gate to farm them. It is the same thing.

The notion of PvDooring is pretty bad. The opposition has its respawn area to its back and can only fight in a very restrictive area resulting in pretty boring PvP after 5 minutes. This is something most good natured folks on NA PS4 try to avoid, if at all possible.

Pvdoor is going to keeps where there is little to no resistance in hopes of taking it and avoiding PvP.pvdoor and gate camping are different things
  • hazey411
    hazey411
    AD does some shady stuff when ep is pushing for a dethrone instead of sending their full force to dethrone they send guys to cut off ep at arrius.
    Edited by hazey411 on May 21, 2016 11:10PM
  • hazey411
    hazey411
    LoL
    Edited by hazey411 on May 21, 2016 10:54PM
  • hazey411
    hazey411
    Deleted
  • Snape2255
    Snape2255
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately now it's just a matter of Reds having 20-30+ players on at ALL hours of the day, sitting at Yellow gates to keep them spawn trapped, and at prime time having over 150 players just to keep Yellows back. Yellows can push Reds all the way back to their gate in about an hour with equal numbers, but we simply can never hold them off when the entire Red zerg logs in and we're outnumbered a minimum of 2-to-1. More often than not it's 4-to-1 or worse odds.

It's made a lot of Yellows get bored and leave Scourge recently. We all appreciate back-and-forth PVP however getting spawn trapped by a force 4x larger than your own gets mundane pretty damn quick.

I'm not sure about all the Yellows, but I certainly know that the two main PVP guilds I run with don't bother with spawn trapping after the first 30 minutes of the map takeover and would rather go to the sewers or something. This sentiment doesn't seem to be shared with those Reds who are doing it 24/7. Shame :/
    The name is Snape. Full time Banana fighting for his Queen and Country. Favourite hobby; killing the cowardly Covenant and Pact infidels threat.

Predominantly PVP based player running various characters. Mostly Magicka Templar, Magicka Sorcerer and Stamina Templar.

Proud Right-Hand Man of The Saints Knights and Sergeant-At-Arms of The Yellow Army.
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snape2255 wrote: »
    Unfortunately now it's just a matter of Reds having 20-30+ players on at ALL hours of the day, sitting at Yellow gates to keep them spawn trapped, and at prime time having over 150 players just to keep Yellows back. Yellows can push Reds all the way back to their gate in about an hour with equal numbers, but we simply can never hold them off when the entire Red zerg logs in and we're outnumbered a minimum of 2-to-1. More often than not it's 4-to-1 or worse odds.

It's made a lot of Yellows get bored and leave Scourge recently. We all appreciate back-and-forth PVP however getting spawn trapped by a force 4x larger than your own gets mundane pretty damn quick.

I'm not sure about all the Yellows, but I certainly know that the two main PVP guilds I run with don't bother with spawn trapping after the first 30 minutes of the map takeover and would rather go to the sewers or something. This sentiment doesn't seem to be shared with those Reds who are doing it 24/7. Shame :/

Spawn trapping shouldn't happen period after you take scrolls you back off and let them take their 3 home keeps otherwise it leads to people completely leaving and becoming a buff server
  • Snape2255
    Snape2255
    ✭✭✭
    AOECAPS wrote: »

Spawn trapping shouldn't happen period after you take scrolls you back off and let them take their 3 home keeps otherwise it leads to people completely leaving and becoming a buff server

I completely agree with you. Don't get me wrong, we've all spend 15-30 mins spawn trapping at some point after retaking a map but it quickly gets tedious and loses the appeal. I tend to head off to the sewers or do some pledges etc. until they push back down to the emperorship keeps.

The problem at the moment is that during non-peak times there are a minimum of 20-30 EP players, with the majority of them spawn camping AD (even during the night shift). During peak times there are 150-200 players (no word of a lie here, AD had about 100 players on sieging Blue Road Keep. We were there for two hours up until the point where we were pushed back by a force that outnumbered us 2-to-1.

These sized EP teams are on all day, every day. They spawn trap all day, every day. Sometimes you can't even leave your spawn without one nightblade fearing you whilst 3 others spam snipe on you from stealth. Gets boring really.

Scourge should be an awesome campaign with huge 3-way fights and constant back-and-forth. Not one alliance out-numbering the others at a minimum of 2-to-1 then sitting there 24/7 so you can't come back.
    The name is Snape. Full time Banana fighting for his Queen and Country. Favourite hobby; killing the cowardly Covenant and Pact infidels threat.

Predominantly PVP based player running various characters. Mostly Magicka Templar, Magicka Sorcerer and Stamina Templar.

Proud Right-Hand Man of The Saints Knights and Sergeant-At-Arms of The Yellow Army.
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last night's fight at Alessia was great. Both blues and reds came after it hard and we managed to hold them back. Once blue pushed all the way through the front door of the inner keep but yellow rallied and pushed them back. Personally, I was having one of those rare nights when things were going my way and I was able to kill quite a few people. After pushing blue out, red showed up in force and it was a epic three way battle. At one point I received an 18,000+ AP defensive tick. Blue ended up taking all of our other keeps while several of us yellows were fighting to keep Alessia from crowning a red emperor but we just don't have the numbers to fight on all fronts. We were already missing our scrolls anyway and Alessia was the only keep standing in the way of emperorship so that's where we made our stand.

For all the AD at Alessia last night, good show. When I logged off we had broken both blue and red armies and while we lost everything else, we didn't lose Alessia.
  • Xillixio
    Xillixio
    AD is by far the most underpopulated Alliance, most of the time I see more Reds or Blues in a single zerg than yellow has on the entire server. The best players should be joining yellow to show they have the skill to fight while completely outnumbered, not join Blue to have a easy end of Campaign win. When I let groups for AD in Bladewater before hitting Vet we were outnumbered nearly 24/7 but with proper commands we won multiple campaigns in a row. Join us for Glorious battle that push your skills to the edge!
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xillixio wrote: »
    AD is by far the most underpopulated Alliance, most of the time I see more Reds or Blues in a single zerg than yellow has on the entire server. The best players should be joining yellow to show they have the skill to fight while completely outnumbered, not join Blue to have a easy end of Campaign win. When I let groups for AD in Bladewater before hitting Vet we were outnumbered nearly 24/7 but with proper commands we won multiple campaigns in a row. Join us for Glorious battle that push your skills to the edge!

All of the factions are very close to be balanced across all campaigns. The problem is AD has the most buff servers between the three alliances and they also sport the best presence on the buff servers of opposing alliances. AD really doesn't need more players, they just need more of their off-hours population to take interest in playing in what is and has been the most competitive campaign to play in for the last few months.
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why I plan on putting my Red and Blue toons in campaigns where those alliances need the assistance. Now to get them to level 50 1.0 But yeah what Bacon said has some rings of truth to it just need to put people in the right places. Though some of the players I played with don't have the option to play Scourge at prime time because they live on the opposite side of the planet. So we need to be mindful of not throwing those guys under the bus. These guys can only play regularly on campaigns that have low populations, and they don't do it by choice probably.

AD did well last night I was on Scourge for the most part of Sunday and we had some good group leaders pushing the map. We definitely brought the heat yesterday.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on June 20, 2016 2:29PM
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    AD is bringing the heat, and since the lag is somewhat bareable my guild homed there.
    AD just needs to stay coordinated and work together, Enough with the guild beefs within the faction, &
    No more Usless pushes to Arrius, we push DCs zergs, and demolarize them.
    (Soulless Knights)
    AD Stoneey DK (Vr16) homeless
    AD StoneyHeals Templar (Vr16) homeless
    AD Stoknee NB (v1) Training
    AD Psychosis Sorc (37) Training
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enough with the guild beefs within the faction,

I'll drink to that,

giphy.gif

FOR THE QUEEN 1.0
  • Xillixio
    Xillixio
    The PS4 Players (And I'm assuming Xbox) need a better way of sharing messages with multiple people as we dont have the chat messaging options that PC does to spread messages to larger groups of people. Something such as messaging boards in Cyrodiil that group leaders can add their groups info on (Player Count and How many of each Role) and their desired group limit and allows player to join a group they like or that needs their Role right from the board. It could keep itself clean of old groups by removing the group once its disbanded or down to 1 online player.

I've tried the grouping tool for PvP under every role and its never connected me.
    Edited by Xillixio on June 22, 2016 2:38AM
  • Kalebron
    Kalebron
    ✭✭✭
    I always find as a DC player that AD seem to be very tactical and EB appear to be very in your face brawlers. I enjoy the challenge both sides pose against us blue. It's nice to see a positive post for once.
    Edited by Kalebron on June 22, 2016 2:30PM