The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Price of new char slots - I'm worried

• Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think 1000 crowns is a fair price. I hope they don't go over that.

I wonder how many more slots will be available.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 extra slots available for purchase tho the price on the pts is 1 crown so I can not say for sure.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that they failed to mention the price is really bad.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would actually be willing to pay 2000 Crowns for one slot, as I really only want one, so that I can get some of the XB achievements I can't get now (such as completing the tutorial). I transferred from PC, so already had max 8 characters who had all completed some of these. It's still frustrating when I look at my pathetic XB achievements for this game. I look at all the unlocked ones and think, man, I've already done that, several times in fact.

But, for 2000 crowns or more, I'll just get the one. If cheaper, I might consider more. Remember though, that it's only 4 additional, so I doubt they'll be sub 1000.

And yes, I agree that these should be an ESO+ perk, and then let us non-ESO+ members buy the crafting bag! :smiley:
  • Snortsch
    Snortsch
    I use some characters as bank characters, so I can easily get a lot more "bank" slots. I think the cost will be at least three times the cost of a 10 places bank expansion (500 crowns? So 1500 crowns).
  • zZzleepyhead
    zZzleepyhead
    ✭✭✭
    Convenience has a price
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Convenience has a price

If only it were just a convenience.

Considering you can only do quests once (well, the ones that aren't dailies), you can only repeat content with more characters. It's not just a matter of convenience for PvEers, but the only way to do a sizable chunk of the content once another character is done. And believe it or not, some people do enjoy questing and experiencing the stories.

For RPers, it's not a convenience. Adding a whole other character to your roster opens up countless new stories and opportunities. Or another slot for redshirting opens up a whole other experience via, well, redshirting.

I'd make an argument for PvPers but since I'm not particularly into PvP I can't comment too much on it aside from it opening up more alternative builds - but that's kind of on the fence since it's so easy to change up your build as it is.

Either way, for a sizable chunk of people it's not merely a convenience, but a way to open up more content, or get more of the same content they love. That is no longer a convenience the same way those overpriced bankers and merchants were.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Agreed. Character slots are certainly not a "convenience". Convenience items are a short-cut to something that can be obtained already in-game. As I said above, character slots would be considered a "service"; something that has out-of-world connotations which cannot be obtained in-game. Race change will probably also be a "service" once it is developed.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Jakhajay
    Jakhajay
    ✭✭✭✭
    Convenience has a price

If only it were just a convenience.

Considering you can only do quests once (well, the ones that aren't dailies), you can only repeat content with more characters. It's not just a matter of convenience for PvEers, but the only way to do a sizable chunk of the content once another character is done. And believe it or not, some people do enjoy questing and experiencing the stories.

For RPers, it's not a convenience. Adding a whole other character to your roster opens up countless new stories and opportunities. Or another slot for redshirting opens up a whole other experience via, well, redshirting.

I'd make an argument for PvPers but since I'm not particularly into PvP I can't comment too much on it aside from it opening up more alternative builds - but that's kind of on the fence since it's so easy to change up your build as it is.

Either way, for a sizable chunk of people it's not merely a convenience, but a way to open up more content, or get more of the same content they love. That is no longer a convenience the same way those overpriced bankers and merchants were.
    Enodoc wrote: »
    ^ Agreed. Character slots are certainly not a "convenience". Convenience items are a short-cut to something that can be obtained already in-game. As I said above, character slots would be considered a "service"; something that has out-of-world connotations which cannot be obtained in-game. Race change will probably also be a "service" once it is developed.

Couldn't have put it better myself :)
    Sh'ira - One Eyed Tihm - Do'Mazar - Dar'Sol - Hazzahn - J'darr Sun-Arrow - Bishabi -J'manna - Narim Tollana - Abijah-Ra - Idhassi-Ko - Kajhe the Salty - Ti'lani - Sabhan-Dar - Palamai
    JakhajayAlt: Azala-Do - Saahni the Ohmes - S'aolla of the Darks - Zashima-La Ako'Zhajiit - Lo'Mai-Dro - Taheh-Do - Hrrula - Hatamira - Da'lai

Shield Anvil - Trake's Talons
    Knight Praefect - Knights of the Steel Claw

All Khajiit, All the time!
    For Elsweyr and her people!