Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constantly running low on UI memory (and I don't have that many addons enabled)

Benie
Benie
✭✭✭
Something's happened since I last played, which was a month ago. It seems as soon as I log in, I get an error about UI memory getting low. Before, the memory would get low within about an hour or two of play. This is causing jerky gameplay (even during combat).
Can someone please elaborate on this, of why this is a thing? I never had this issue when playing WoW all those years ago.

Currently I have 16 of the 22 addons that I'm currently using, that are active.
Edited by Benie on April 13, 2016 5:12PM
--Char info updated as of March 23rd, 2016 - PC NA--
Benie - VR1 Argonian Stam DragonKnight (2H Sword/Bow/WW)
Beniee - VR3 Nord Mag Sorcerer (Destruction Staff)

Well-known hotbar button spammer
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some add-ons are atrocious and can cause that pretty much on it's own. What add-ons are you running?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    Currently, I'm using;
    Advanced Filters
    AlphaGear
    Auto Recharge
    Bag Space Indicator
    Destinations
    First Person Werewolf
    FTC (Foundry Tactical Combat)
    Immersive Mount Camera
    Minimap
    Multi-Quest Tracker SE
    Quest Map
    Shissu's Guild Tools
    SkyShards
    S'rendarr
    [WG] Enhanced Chat
    wykkyd Auto Repair

These are all the ones that are currently active, that I remember using before. I needed to reinstall ESO for a reason and lost my list of addons. And I'm using Minion.
    Edited by Benie on April 13, 2016 5:17PM

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shissu's Guild Tools <---- That one ALWAYS makes my memory thing pop up, and I've even changed up that setting to allow it more memory.

[EDIT] So I only run it on a mule character for when I actually need the features. If I play that character I turn it off while I play.
    Edited by MissBizz on April 13, 2016 5:17PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    I'll disable that and see if it happens again. Could you recommend an addon similar to it that uses way less memory?
    Edited by Benie on April 13, 2016 5:19PM

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Benie wrote: »
    I'll disable that and see if it happens again. Could you recommend an addon similar to it that uses way less memory?

Sorry, if I knew of one I'd be changing to it as well :( That's why I only use it on one character, or enable it if I need it. I haven't actually looked for one in awhile so I'll do that today. If I find one I'll let ya know! What features do you use?
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something's happened since I last played, which was a month ago. It seems as soon as I log in, I get an error about UI memory getting low. Before, the memory would get low within about an hour or two of play. This is causing jerky gameplay (even during combat).
    Can someone please elaborate on this, of why this is a thing? I never had this issue when playing WoW all those years ago.

Currently I have 16 of the 22 addons that I'm currently using, that are active.

In UserSettings.txt on your computer.

SET LuaMemoryLimitMB "64"

Can be increased, you can try 256 and see if that's enough. If not 512. or 1024.

I'd start at 256.
  • Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    @rfennell_ESO:
    So the lua memory, is this separate from the memory the game takes? And will it cause the memory use to double or triple if I raise it?
    I currently have 8GB.

@MissBizz:
    I mainly use how it uses the character name instead of the login name when chatting in my Guild. I do use the time option, and the mail. That's about it.
    Edited by Benie on April 13, 2016 6:14PM

• wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So the lua memory, is this separate from the memory the game takes?

More or less, yes. It's taken by the same process as the game but is reserved for the Lua VM.
    And will it cause the memory use to double or triple if I raise it? I currently have 8GB.

It will cause the game to allocate the amount that you specify for Lua, it should not affect other aspects of the game's memory usage.

FWIW, I have 8g of memory and run with 1g of Lua memory, but I do use a ton of addons.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @rfennell_ESO:
    So the lua memory, is this separate from the memory the game takes? And will it cause the memory use to double or triple if I raise it?
    I currently have 8GB.

@MissBizz:
    I mainly use how it uses the character name instead of the login name when chatting in my Guild. I do use the time option, and the mail. That's about it.

With 8 gig of mem you can use any of the settings I listed and you will not have any issues. Like I said, start with 256 and if you get no error you're fine; just raise it until you don't get an error message.