Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Deconstruction

SlySnyderJ
Ok so I'm a level 22 no matter what area I'm in whenever I steal items I get steel, oak, linen. However I have the following unlocked yew spidersilk/thick leather and orichalcum. Is it that there is a cap on the type of items to steal or is it because I'm only a level 22?

Best Answers

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The items you steal are scaled to your character level.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SlySnyderJ wrote: »
    Ok when should I see the next level of items come in

Well, when you level up.

However, there are two kinds of loot in the game, Loot from containers/mobs and loot from owned containers/world items that you steal.

Mob/Container Loot scales to the zone or area of the zone you are in (most zones start out in the lower part of the range, then increase as you get to the other end) The two Adventure Zones (Wrothgar and Hew's Bane) scale to your character level so they are different than all other zones. You already know how stolen items work.

If you want to farm higher level items, then go to a higher level area or zone. Since you are L22, your in Zone 2 I imagine. That means you go to Zone 3 (Greenshade, Shadowfen or Rivenspire) to get the next tier of items. The material change over occurs at L26, so you can find mobs at that level and can farm them for the next tier of items to decon for mats.

When you farm craftring nodes, you can find a mix of items in each zone between two tiers. Until you get to Silver and Gold zones, then you see the same mats across the zone.

Note, the other thing to keep in mind, the stuff you steal? You don't get any mats back on decon from stolen items. I think they have even fixed it so you don't get the mats back on most items you launder.
    Edited by Nestor on April 5, 2016 8:11PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓