Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What's up with today's writs

AverageJo3Gam3r
AverageJo3Gam3r
✭✭✭✭✭
My writs have are obscene today. Craft 6 night wood bows. Craft 5 void steel daggers. Never seen these max level writs before. Anyone else getting these crazy writs?

Best Answer

• Kreetar
    Kreetar
    ✭✭✭
    it's normal, but it's not always like that. when you get further along, often times less will be asked of you. today I did something like 1 voidsteel greatsword, a pair of voidsteel sabatons, and 1 rubedite something-or-other. :innocent:
    dip me in the blood of mortals and throw me to the Dremora

Answer ✓
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are typical for 9/10 skill writs
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Those are typical for 9/10 skill writs

I've never seen them because I didn't start doing writs until I had 10/10 skills.
  • Jamellian
    Jamellian
    ✭✭
    The Writs are the same from Area to Area. The only thing that changes notably is the Material used and the drop-off location.

For instance with Woodworking at level 1: 6 Maple bows and 2 Maple shields
    Blacksmithing at Level 1: 5 iron daggers, 2 iron curiss, 1 iron greave

As the skill goes higher, the material changes to reflect the area which it can normally be found.
    And the drop-off location changes to that area also.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have the same problem with alchemist writs and it's been like that for 1-2 months (since I levelled up my alchemy). I have 9/10 skill points invested into alchemy passive (so I should get the writ requiring me to craft distillates), but the writs require me to craft panaceas (which are typical for 8/10 alchemy) and to acquire 3x nirnroot (always the same combination!).
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figured it out. Even though I have 10/10 crafting skills, it wasn't registering my ESO plus. Once I rebooted everything was fine again. Dropped those writs and got the normal 1 rubedite+2 void writs.
  • Jamellian
    Jamellian
    ✭✭
    Tyrion87->
    One thing you don't find out about writs unless you read it or somone tells you,
    Have to have access to cold Harbor and/or in your case Craglorn.

THIS seems to be the case with all crafts.

For instance, The Star dew solvent with Makes R10 potions can be found in Craglorn.
    The Lorkhan’sTears which make the R15 Potions can be found in Cyrodil, Namely imperial city.

• Eocosa
    Eocosa
    ✭✭✭
    As @Jamellian stated you also need to have advanced through the main storyline a bit to gain access to 10/10 writs.

I can verify that simply performing "Welcome to Coldharbor" is not enough as my lvl9 Blacksmith 10/10 crafting alt did that this morning and only gained access to Calcinium.

For your particular problem, you are correct that occasionally the game does not register you are an ESO+ member and thus it only gives you the craglorn writs at the most as you need Orsinium to get 10/10 writs.