The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please Re-Evaluate Cyrodiil Delve Bosses

Conquistador
Conquistador
✭✭✭✭✭
Seriously guys, whiskey tango foxtrot? Whomever coded the way these bosses spawn and respawn should be FIRED. As a form of torture, please make all your employees do Cyrodiil delves for completion. They will RIP. THEIR. HAIR. OUT. I just scalped myself. I hate this. It won't ever get fixed.

end_transmission.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They work fine. I've gotten all of them on five different characters. Only so many are active at a time, and if the one you need isn't up, go kill any others that are. They work that way because they are part of a PvP zone, but if you know how they work and either use directions available online or an add-on like Destinations it doesn't take too long to get most of them. Only a few tend to be a pain but even they obey the same rules, they just have a lower chance to spawn.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They work fine. I've gotten all of them on five different characters. Only so many are active at a time, and if the one you need isn't up, go kill any others that are. They work that way because they are part of a PvP zone, but if you know how they work and either use directions available online or an add-on like Destinations it doesn't take too long to get most of them. Only a few tend to be a pain but even they obey the same rules, they just have a lower chance to spawn.

Spot on. I've also done them all more than once.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Conquistador
    Conquistador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

Well, it ain't working for me because I spent a *** day trying to complete a 2 boss delve.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are annoying, true.

They make you come back another day to clear the dwelve... which I suspect was the intention, to keep luriong people into the cyrodil dwelves (to their gankage).

But its quite doable with time, patience, and strong nerves...
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They make you come back another day to clear the dwelve... which I suspect was the intention, to keep luriong people into the cyrodil dwelves (to their gankage).

But its quite doable with time, patience, and strong nerves...
    That said, it's hard to go back to previous delves when the icons no longer show on the map. And a 2 boss delve can have the same boss spawn 10 times in a row. That said, they are do-able, but very frustrating. The only change they would need to make is to have the bosses spawn in order.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They suck. I spent 10 hours in one delve across 3 days to get one 3 boss delve done. The 3rd boss wouldn't spawn.

I also have them done on 3 characters

Edited by Katahdin on March 31, 2016 9:21PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without a doubt, was once by far the most frustrating and needless anti-bot/anti-farm/anti-grind/anti-whatever mechanic in the game. When getting this to "work," that is getting the Cyrodiil Delve achievement, involved a lot of:

aawarproblem4_zps7fe2dfa3.jpg

But now ... nuking the fast spawning Cyrodiil mobs is one of the best ways to accumulate Vet ranks and CPs quickly and efficiently. So in going for this achievement, it is actually probably advantageous to anyone less than VR16 and not at the CP cap to have to spend many more hours hunting Cyrodiil bosses than they otherwise would. Which is rather ironic given the probable original intent of long random spawns.
  • MarcoPolo
    MarcoPolo
    ✭✭✭
    It aint working for me either as I spent way over 2 hours in a delve waiting on a boss to spawn only to give up, the rate is ridiculously slow for themto spawn, some spawn in really fast and then your waiting hours for the last one only to quit waiting
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my understanding:

Each delve has a Max # of Bosses, a Max # of Bosses spawned at once, and a 10min timer to respawn bosses to meet that max #.

It gets bad when you have a delve with a max of 3 bosses but a max of 1 bosses spawned at once. You're gonna be in there for a little while.

It needs to be standard across the delves, I can think of many that are fine but I can also think of a few where it's stupid how long you have to wait for something to spawn. In fact it works against them if they're trying to prevent grinding because I end up grinding in between boss kills hoping the next spawn is the one I need.

Got it on 2 characters, not planning on ever finishing it on the rest until I have absolutely nothing left to do pretty much.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

Well, it ain't working for me because I spent a *** day trying to complete a 2 boss delve.

Try your guest campaign too. Sometimes if you are having bad luck in one campaign you can go in another and itll be sitting there waiting ;)
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the regular kinda pve, apart from IC is waaay too easy..

PC EU
    PvP only
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course the reason they do this is to keep players stuck in the delves to give other players someone to attack from stealth while you're standing around waiting for bosses to respawn. PvE Public dungeons can be a pain, but they're no where near as bad as Cyrodiil delves... but again... I think ZOS has a clear 'PvP' incentive for wanting to keep players stuck in those delves for so long.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Xerosus
    Xerosus
    ✭✭✭
    Without a doubt, was once by far the most frustrating and needless anti-bot/anti-farm/anti-grind/anti-whatever mechanic in the game. When getting this to "work," that is getting the Cyrodiil Delve achievement, involved a lot of:

aawarproblem4_zps7fe2dfa3.jpg

But now ... nuking the fast spawning Cyrodiil mobs is one of the best ways to accumulate Vet ranks and CPs quickly and efficiently. So in going for this achievement, it is actually probably advantageous to anyone less than VR16 and not at the CP cap to have to spend many more hours hunting Cyrodiil bosses than they otherwise would. Which is rather ironic given the probable original intent of long random spawns.

LOL
    I liked Lipsand Tarn in Oblivion, damn that ruin and the boss that never spawned. I kept killing the other one over and over and over.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are 2 delves, in particular, that I had to stay and farm the area for over 1 hour at a time SEVERAL times just to get all the bosses.

It should not take 5-6 hours of grinding one delve before you get the last boss you need.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    That said, it's hard to go back to previous delves when the icons no longer show on the map.

There are actually two different maps of Cyrodiil in the game. The one you get when opening the map is the one from the Transitus network which doesn't show delves or dolmens. When you go to a wayshrine you get a normal map showing these icons. Rather counterintuitive if you ask me ...
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blame the bots and farmers OP, look at TG the delve bosses spawned quick ( like all delve bosses did back in early 2014 ) what happened ? farmers were camping, bots ect.

So they changed it to be slow AF...

Not really ZoS fault is it?

I know it sucks but in a way it makes sense sadly...

I recommend doin
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I only need 2 more delves for the achievement on my Magblade
    Sadly, they're both balls deep in AD territory and the bosses have stupid long spawn timers.
    I've been to both caves on several occasions but the bosses I'm missing just outright refuse to spawn.
    DAMN YOU ACATHNIA. CHOSEN OF P***ING ME OFF
    Argonian forever
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The respawn times were a lot longer back in the days, I think these got adjusted when update 1.6 went live.

I think there can only be 1 boss active at the same time so you need to go around killing each boss until the boss spawns that you need.

The upside is that you can search for chests in the meantime now, these have a chance to drop Alliance Motif pages which can be sold for a decent price.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer