The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Change RACE is a BIG YES!

• BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can deal with race changes (I'm not for it but I can live with it) but NOT class changes! We can't have everyone changing classes to FOTM on a whim and not knowing how to play that class, then switching again and so on. You picked your class and levelled it up now live with it or roll a new character to play a new class.

Race changes are one thing but not class changes!
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have an Imperial magicka sorc that i want to change to Breton (dont like high elves) because when i did the math im missing over 3000 magicka with my race and im probably the only magicka sorc out there with a 27k health pool.I love Imperials but they make bad sorcs :/
    Edited by Father_X_Zombie on April 18, 2016 5:13PM
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    emily3989 wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't see racial passives to be as game breaking as everyone makes them out to be. I am not a min/maxer, but looking at the bonuses, they all seem like basic trade-offs to me that can be compensated for with glyphs, gear, etc.

10% more stam
    12% more health
    21% more stam regen
    10% more magic

just some examples. These are a big deal.
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Gamertag - Zyzz II Legacy
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EsoRecon wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't see racial passives to be as game breaking as everyone makes them out to be. I am not a min/maxer, but looking at the bonuses, they all seem like basic trade-offs to me that can be compensated for with glyphs, gear, etc.

10% more stam
    12% more health
    21% more stam regen
    10% more magic

You get all this from 1 race?

Imperial = 12% health; 10% stamina

Wood elf = 21% stam regen

Yea Imp is better overall I would say, but with wood you could ignore stam regen and put emphasis on the other areas to minimize the adv. (such as health/stam pool glyphs)

Some have advantages over others for certain classes, but after you look at the diff. betw. two specific classes and negate the positives of one from the other, you are not looking at any overall game-breaking differences.
    Edited by emily3989 on April 18, 2016 5:30PM
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    EsoRecon wrote: »

10% more stam
    12% more health
    21% more stam regen
    10% more magic

You get all this from 1 race?

Imperial = 12% health; 10% stamina

Wood elf = 21% stam regen

Yea Imp is better overall I would say, but with wood you could ignore stam regen and put emphasis on the other areas to minimize the adv. (such as health/stam pool glyphs)

Some have advantages over others for certain classes, but after you look at the diff. betw. two specific classes and negate the positives of one from the other, you are not looking at any overall game-breaking differences.

Imperial passives suck imo, They are the worst stamina dps race and are meh tanks. Orcs are the best tanks and better dps but Redguards are the best dps. red diamond sucks. and you have to pay to be Imperial, i only am for nostalgia reasons.
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the objection.

More choice is better, IMHO.

It seems like the people arguing against it get off on depriving other people of their own choices.

Bunch of control freaks, if you ask me.
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the objection.

More choice is better, IMHO.

It seems like the people arguing against it get off on depriving other people of their own choices.

Bunch of control freaks, if you ask me.

They had a choice when they rolled their character.

I have played a bunch of MMOs, perhaps some do, but I can't recall any I played allowing race changes. I am not saying they shouldn't, if ZOS adds it I won't care, because I chose my race based on what I like as far as role-play/game-play, not on squeezing an extra 2% dps out of my character in dungeons because of the changes to the last DLC update say I should.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish they'd allow race and class changes. I only get a few short hours per week to play, and despite playing since pc launch my highest character is still only v7, I simply do not have time to play another character, but I'm finding that so much has changed with the game balance and roles that I dont really enjoy him much anymore.

It'd spark new life into the game for me if they'd let me swap class, but i know it will never happen.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have an Imperial magicka sorc that i want to change to Breton (dont like high elves) because when i did the math im missing over 3000 magicka with my race and im probably the only magicka sorc out there with a 27k health pool.I love Imperials but they make bad sorcs :/

I personally think that Attribute bonuses should be for a set amount, not for a percentage. This would mean that a Nord mage dps build would have a set amount of bonus health, and could therefore worry less about raising that attribute by focusing on something else with glyphs. Building around your weaknesses was a big part of past TES games, and I really wish they'd (re)design the game to suit that style.

In fact I would take it so far as to say all the racial effects should be a static amount based on level. I don't think +Regen should be a percentage it should be an amount. This would make it far easier to balance, and it would make the racial choices a little less of a focus.
    Edited by dodgehopper_ESO on April 18, 2016 11:59PM
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BloodWolfe wrote: »
    I can deal with race changes (I'm not for it but I can live with it) but NOT class changes!
    Rest easy then, for ZOS agrees with that one. They said that race changes will be coming, alliance changes they might consider, but class changes they have no intention of ever implementing...