Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is VR1 to low to run Vet dungeons

HerculesGL
The dungeon always gets scaled to level 16 and I seem to get demolished pretty easily. I run as a Mage healer and sometimes get messages off people saying "heeeaaallll !!
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it is your first character and you do not have any champion points, then you might find it tough. Champion points allocated correctly can make or break a lower ranked player. Usually if you see a lower ranked Vet player doing well in Vet dungeons, chances are they have either run other higher ranked characters and have champion points or they have run the dungeon several times and know the mechanics.

Have a look online for tips on your setup, skill point distribution, weapon bar setup and rotation. Best advice I can give when running dungeons is try and get involved in group chat and communicate. While not everyone will help you, there are a lot of experienced players willing to guide you and provide advice.

Some dungeons are also a lot harder than others, there are difficulty rankings on the internet. I have failed vet dungeons with groups of four V16 players and will be choosy about what I take my lower level characters into. While my V16 tank can go anywhere, I have never attempted Imperial City Prison and never completed White Gold Tower or City of Ash. This is more to do with group dynamics and having to rely on using the group finder rather than doubting my skills or abilities as a tank.

I will only take my V4 stamina DPS into a handful of vet dungeons while my V1 magicka DPS has not been near one yet. This is my choice as I am not completely confident in my abilities to help the team with these two.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 gave some sold, great advice. I would also recommend going somewhere where you scale (preferably not Cyrodiil since it also gives you PvP bonuses possibly and extra health so go to Orsinium maybe) and look at your stats. Talk to some folks who are VR15/VR16 who play the same role and find out what stats they are at. Maybe you're 4000 below on where health should be - then you know you need to either switch to a health food or maybe change up what set you are wearing. It's an odd way but it's how I've set up my alts and it has worked great for me. As well.. if magicka management is a problem for you.. you may want to look around for a VR1 Warlock set ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you manually group, you can run it with other people your level. But still, vet CoA, vICP and vWGT may be out of reach right now, especially if you haven't unlocked your hardened ward yet.

It helps to run dungeons often with the same group of people. A good guild can really help you find that core of regular folks that you work well with.

P.S. There are lots of ~V16 folks that will be happy to run a V1 scaled pledge just to get the key. It's one way to learn the mechanics of harder dungeons and get Undaunted points, but with less pressure.
  • HerculesGL
    Thanks for the advice. I will check out some set ups for Mage magika healer.
    Even though I've not fully completed many dungeons I've had some damn good purple drops out of the mini bosses.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    If you manually group, you can run it with other people your level. But still, vet CoA, vICP and vWGT may be out of reach right now, especially if you haven't unlocked your hardened ward yet.

It helps to run dungeons often with the same group of people. A good guild can really help you find that core of regular folks that you work well with.

P.S. There are lots of ~V16 folks that will be happy to run a V1 scaled pledge just to get the key. It's one way to learn the mechanics of harder dungeons and get Undaunted points, but with less pressure.

I dont know about vet CoA, without champion points and downscaling it was challenging, but quite doable.
    For low vr characters I would recommend manual grouping, because without champion points and crafted gear the stats might be too low after group tool scaling.
    Also, for the start it would be a good idea to pick one of the easier dungeons, like Elden Hollow or Wayrest sewers.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HerculesGL wrote: »
    The dungeon always gets scaled to level 16 and I seem to get demolished pretty easily. I run as a Mage healer and sometimes get messages off people saying "heeeaaallll !!

If you joined he group as a healer, your group will expect you to mainly heal them when they take damage.

There are these 3 different roles for group dungeons in ESO:
    • Tank - Taunts the bosses, to hold aggro of them, and turns them away from the rest of the group, so they can freely hit the boss. They debuff enemies and bosses, and sometimes cast support skills and if they get the chance, they deal some damage.
    • Healer - heals the group, casts buffs and resource management skills, do some dps if they get time for it.
    • Damage Dealer - they kill everything fast, and protect the healer if the healer should get aggro of mobs. Sometimes they do some off tanking or off healing, but they mainly focus on dealing damage and taking enemies down as fast as possible.

Preparation for group dungeons also require a minimum:
    • food buff that boosts your health + magicka or stamina. If you are healer, it's health + magicka.
    • Potions.
    • Soul gems.
    • Set armor and weapons.