The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

This is what kills PvP

• SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    How about not capping during the day when most people have jobs or school? I find that just as bad if not worse than night-capping. When I get off of work I don't want to be pushed to my gates by people sitting around all day either. Why should this game be any different from other types of games? If I feel up to it I should be able to play whenever I want especially at a time when the amount of lag does not kick me every 2 minutes contrary to what control freaks want.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • yote
    yote
    Soul Shriven
    How about not capping during the day when most people have jobs or school? I find that just as bad if not worse than night-capping. When I get off of work I don't want to be pushed to my gates by people sitting around all day either. Why should this game be any different from other types of games? If I feel up to it I should be able to play whenever I want especially at a time when the amount of lag does not kick me every 2 minutes contrary to what control freaks want.

So what? Your basically saying that If you can't have enjoyable PvP then no one can. Whatever you're doing when you're night capping it sure as hell isn't PvP - but it is destroying PvP for the rest of us. Like i've said before, if you're just in it to smash buttons you can do that outside of Cyrodiil.
    im yote VR16 DK | Yote VR16 NB
    EHJ Officer | Member since 2014
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This happens when day cap crews sweep through the entire map and cap the scrolls from the temples. When the main faction takes the 3 keeps from the other two and then takes the scrolls, they should let the factions at least have them. No one likes to be pushed to their gates.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NOT AGAIN @Akinos !! For shame!
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »
    Lyar09 wrote: »
    I know every Alliance does this and it is wrong. But, night capping the entire map has to stop. Doing this literally kills morale and pvp. People are going to come onto Haderus and campaigns like this a literally leave because nobody wants to deal with this. I am perfectly fine with an alliance capping emp over night. But, this every single resource and keep? Come on now. We as a community need to stop this.

http://prntscr.com/am5f1a

We'll just have to advise Australia to move.

We're a big place, we might need a hand moving.....

• RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's about the noobs feeling great about themselves 'conquering' the whole map. It's about helping friends get emp. It's about helping friends keep said emp for as long as possible. It's about farming AP. It's about winning the campaign with any means necessary. It's about getting revenge on the other faction that did it to you before. It's about thinking you're on a noble cause. It's about helping your faction get skyshards.
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lyar09 wrote: »
    I know every Alliance does this and it is wrong. But, night capping the entire map has to stop. Doing this literally kills morale and pvp. People are going to come onto Haderus and campaigns like this a literally leave because nobody wants to deal with this. I am perfectly fine with an alliance capping emp over night. But, this every single resource and keep? Come on now. We as a community need to stop this.

http://prntscr.com/am5f1a

Response will be "australians"

That's the official claim, though we all know it's probably not true haha.
  • mchermie
    mchermie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Playing objectives and capping things on TF is ok 24/7. Zerg it down, australians/asians/europeans.
    But capping emp and taking the whole map on Haderus or any other campaign at 4am, with no resistance, is not ok imo. This goes for every faction
    Edited by mchermie on April 1, 2016 5:28PM
    Retired
    NA DC
    K-Hole
    McHermie NB - AR 42
    McHermes DK - AR 18
    Lord Typh Templar - AR 11
  • PosternHouse
    PosternHouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    The people doing this don't care about fairness or competitiveness. They do it simply because they want to do it and have the capacity to do it without consequence. That's what we all do, honestly. (Fretting about invalid tactics happens on all sides, but it's ultimately irrelevant.) No one's going to convince The Nightcappers to stop other than a strong enough team to farm them and capture territory back.

Boredom might get them too, I suppose.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this is why teams and individuals in many games/sports are given a handicap.
    This gives the underdog a chance to get back in the game.

ESO...oh no....buff the OP even more....always.
    ZOS seems to think empowering the winners is better than empowering the underdogs who actually need the help.
    Is this an american thing ?
    I don't get it.

Explain the logic...
    1. You make the powerful even more powerful to ensure the underdogs are thoroughly dominated and cant fight back ...OR...
    2. You make the weak more powerful so they can fight back and even out the fight and end the domination.
    ....I seriously just dont understand ZOS mentality at all.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on April 1, 2016 9:22PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • PosternHouse
    PosternHouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    ....I seriously just dont understand ZOS mentality at all.

The game is designed to reward casual players and it is being maintained by a casual studio. It takes a well-planned, precise, and concerted effort to improve and fix a game as complex as an MMO. Zenimax's current staff just isn't up to par. They did get a lot of our money over 2 years so, sadly, they were not penalized by market forces for this shitefest. Grown ups can brush off people's opinions. However, if you hit them in the wallet, you will watch heaven and earth move before them. They saw our complaining and may have even decided it was valid. But they had no motivation to do anything about it. If it's not hurting profits or they can't mitigate losses in revenue by letting go "non-essential staff" why do anything about it?

This game and this studio remind me why I appreciate developers like CD Projekt Red so much.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just after one day of Haderus it is a promising campaign. The best part is that there is just one zergy faction (Hi EP!) and fun small scale fights. The right moment of the day is when the map isn´t totally painted in red. Today it has been all red except for the short moment when the red horde was pushed back. It is a bit discouraging to see AD and DC having no keeps. But I don´t complain the ap is there to grab.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • LazyLewis
    LazyLewis
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I had Emp on had last month I had some time off work. Every single day weekday or weekend a small group of maybe 8-9 reds, low rank, would login everyday ay the sametime when I was literally the only one defending and slowly but surely take everything on the entire map down to the last resource. This was around 10pm EST onwards. As far as I'm aware it was happening before I realised it was and still happens to this day
    Edited by LazyLewis on April 1, 2016 10:43PM
    DC - Chunky Nurse - Chunky Ninja - Chunky Dragon - Fabulously Chunky
    AD - Chunky Nurse - Ashenn - Yorkshire Pudding
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lag and only lag can kill PvP

The death of PvP is people quitting because they can't find fights. Lag will get us there, nothing else will.
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    Umm I guess include bluescreens and gamebreaking bugs under that general category of lag.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »

@Jules , the only gate I would ever camp is yours <3
    Edited by Akinos on April 1, 2016 11:44PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    Jules wrote: »

@Jules , the only gate I would ever camp is yours <3

Get iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit