The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

(VIDEO) Cyrodiil is a buggy mess.

Alcast
Alcast
Class Representative
Lag is as bad as before the DLC
FPS is as bad as before the DLC (32bit)(would use 64bit but can not as soundproblems are even bigger there LOL)
Sound disappears in mid/big sized battles
Ultis are bugging constantly out

I kinda knew that ZOS was incabable of fixing Lag and FPS but that they introduce 2 new bugs that have such an huge impact on the game surprises me...actually wait...no..it does not.

Xeloki is clearly too OP to use her Ulti...
https://youtu.be/-DzbtVta3sI

@ZOS_MattFiror @Wrobel
Edited by Alcast on March 30, 2016 2:34PM
https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The doom and gloom continues to spread. I was highly optimistic about PvP in Cyrodil and have been a loyal customer of ESO, but that optimism is being slowly eroded and now I am setiously thinking about quiting this game.
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Messy1 wrote: »
    The doom and gloom continues to spread. I was highly optimistic about PvP in Cyrodil and have been a loyal customer of ESO, but that optimism is being slowly eroded and now I am setiously thinking about quiting this game.

Just dont play until it's sorted out, it's not like you will fall behind.. If you do it won't take much more then half a week to catch up anyways.
    :]
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Working as intended.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they should do a entire DLC dedicated to fixing bugs and lag.
    i would pay 10000 crowns for that
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Messy1 wrote: »

Just dont play until it's sorted out, it's not like you will fall behind.. If you do it won't take much more then half a week to catch up anyways.

Well I could do that but then I would have to come back in 10 years when nobody is playing anymore and the servers are empty xD
    You still in BOD Doggy?
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope the next assistant is a clown that follows you around laughing, with no actual function beyond mocking the player as his abilities dont function, or his FPS bottom out.

I imagine it being fairly cheap, 10,000 crowns at least.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope the next assistant is a clown that follows you around laughing, with no actual function beyond mocking the player as his abilities dont function, or his FPS bottom out.

I imagine it being fairly cheap, 10,000 crowns at least.
    Like this one?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4vbMv9gbmM
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    they should do a entire DLC dedicated to fixing bugs and lag.
    i would pay 10000 crowns for that

I agree with you. I will do the same if we had a choice. Gladly. You have good idea as well.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me and most of people in my guild, performances got only better, latency and fps wise. Don't talk like it is the same thing for everybody. It is not. Plenty of people admitted that they get better performances with this new DLC. If you are still getting major fps drops (under 10fps) or latency issues (above 1k ms), it is definitely not on their end.

Yes the sound bug is annoying, yes getting rooted as I spam my leap is annoying. But this is a detail compared to the overall mechanics holding this game together. There could be so much worse than that.. like meteor spam lag, permabats dk vamps, caltrops giving siege immunity or falling through the world 50% of the time when you get feared.

I'm curious how many of you guys who complain 20times a day in these forums have been forum warriors back in Vanilla Wow.. and if you have any clue of what kind of ressources it takes to make a strong mmo rolling.

You think that BDO and CU are going to be better? You make me laugh. Go play your other games for now. I understand, not everybody is patient enough to wait for a better game. But once they finally fix performances and balance, you will all be back in TESO because BDO and CU don't have the budget, the fans, the reputation and the ressources to make their game as promising as this one. Not even close.
    Edited by frozywozy on March 30, 2016 3:36PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Lesspa
    Lesspa
    ✭✭✭
    Man, this game is hopeless. ZOS, please go back to school and learn how to code...
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every knows this game is laggy and broken. But its still super fun. Stop bitching. No one cares anymore
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    double post
    Edited by Waseem on March 30, 2016 7:23PM
    PC EU

• Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    will be fixed next year
    PC EU

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What really bugs me is that ZOS staff such as @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_BrianWheeler won't even acknowledge major issues and apologize for inconveniencing us by introducing them.

There is no ownership of the issues, no accountability and no respect shown to us as customers.

Widespread bugs such as the 50% FPS drop bug (since 2.2) and the sound cutout bug (since 2.3) need to be treated as high priority.

Anyone angry with how we've been treated by ZOS needs to hold Zenimax accountable. Don't give them another cent. For any product. Zenimax deserves the same kind of bad press EA gets.
    Edited by zyk on March 30, 2016 7:36PM
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    What really bugs me is that ZOS staff such as @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_BrianWheeler won't even acknowledge major issues and apologize for inconveniencing us by introducing them.

There is no ownership of the issues, no accountability and no respect shown to us as customers.

Widespread bugs such as the 50% FPS drop bug (since 2.2) and the sound cutout bug (since 2.3) need to be treated as high priority.

Anyone angry with how we've been treated by ZOS needs to hold Zenimax accountable. Don't give them another cent. For any product. Zenimax deserves the same kind of bad press EA gets.

Maybe if people would stop being so negative, pessimist, arrogant and selfish and more grateful for what ZOS actually made better, they would be more willing to communicate. I try to wear their shoes and I wouldn't be interested either to talk with 90% of the player base talking in these forums.

People complaining act like ZOS is a major failure and and do nothing good. They give no credits to them, never. It is really frustrating, even for me, as a customer, to read such rembling, everyday of the week. Especially when people who make efforts to bring constructive points gets all mixed up with a bunch of useless and incoherent posts.
    Edited by frozywozy on March 30, 2016 7:43PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    For me and most of people in my guild, performances got only better, latency and fps wise. Don't talk like it is the same thing for everybody. It is not. Plenty of people admitted that they get better performances with this new DLC. If you are still getting major fps drops (under 10fps) or latency issues (above 1k ms), it is definitely not on their end.

Yes the sound bug is annoying, yes getting rooted as I spam my leap is annoying. But this is a detail compared to the overall mechanics holding this game together. There could be so much worse than that.. like meteor spam lag, permabats dk vamps, caltrops giving siege immunity or falling through the world 50% of the time when you get feared.

I'm curious how many of you guys who complain 20times a day in these forums have been forum warriors back in Vanilla Wow.. and if you have any clue of what kind of ressources it takes to make a strong mmo rolling.

You think that BDO and CU are going to be better? You make me laugh. Go play your other games for now. I understand, not everybody is patient enough to wait for a better game. But once they finally fix performances and balance, you will all be back in TESO because BDO and CU don't have the budget, the fans, the reputation and the ressources to make their game as promising as this one. Not even close.

:trollface:
    EU | PC
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe if people would stop being so negative, pessimist, arrogant and selfish and more grateful for what ZOS actually made better, they would be more willing to communicate. I try to wear their shoes and I wouldn't be interested either to talk with 90% of the player base talking in these forums.

People complaining act like ZOS is a major failure and and do nothing good. They give no credits to them, never. It is really frustrating, even for me, as a customer, to read such rembling, everyday of the week. Especially when people who make efforts to bring constructive points gets all mixed up with a bunch of useless and incoherent posts.

Customers should not be "grateful" when service providers are able to competently deliver services sold. That is the bare minimum we should expect. We should definitely not be grateful for the poor product ZOS has consistently delivered to us.

The frustration towards ZOS here is completely justified. If it is true they are not responsive to us because of our frustration, that would be incredibly unprofessional. If you can't handle irate customers and take ownership when you eff up, you should not be in business.

In any case, my opinion on these subject differs greatly from yours. IMO, 2.2 and 2.3 have introduced more issues than they have solved.

I expect major bugs such as the terrain LOD issue and the 50% FPS drop bug introduced in 2.2 to be prioritized. I am not grateful I've had to deal with these bugs for more than 5 months. I am not grateful for half-assed band-aid solutions. I am not grateful that ZOS thinks it is okay to wait months for a major release to *perhaps* fix bugs unethical players fearlessly exploit for advantages on the battlefield.

I could go on for hours about the things I am ungrateful for.
    Edited by zyk on March 30, 2016 8:04PM
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Customers should not be "grateful" when service providers are able to competently deliver services sold. That is the bare minimum we should expect. We should definitely not be grateful for the poor product ZOS has consistently delivered to us.

The frustration towards ZOS here is completely justified. If it is true they are not responsive to us because of our frustration, that would be incredibly unprofessional. If you can't handle irate customers and take ownership when you eff up, you should not be in business.

In any case, my opinion on these subject differs greatly from yours. IMO, 2.2 and 2.3 have introduced more issues than they have solved.

I expect major bugs such as the terrain LOD issue and the 50% FPS drop bug introduced in 2.2 to be prioritized. I am not grateful I've had to deal with these bugs for more than 5 months. I am not grateful for half-assed band-aid solutions. I am not grateful that ZOS thinks it is okay to wait months for a major release to *perhaps* fix bugs unethical players fearlessly exploit for advantages on the battlefield.

I could go on for hours about the things I am ungrateful for.

I've never said that customers should be grateful at 100% for the whole product. I've said that customers should give credits where it's due. Something that lack atrociously since, ever.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am giving credit where it is due. I give credit to ZOS for failing to maintain Cyrodiil at a basic technical level. That's the best I can do. IMO, as a company, ZOS is not even trying.

I would give positive credit to ZOS if this happened:

"We understand everyone is eagerly awaiting the Thieves Guild DLC, but unfortunately, despite our best effort, its level of quality doesn't yet meet our standards and it would be contrary to our commitment of providing the best possible experience for our customers if we were to release it now."

Instead, a decision maker at ZOS decided it was okay to inconvenience its customers with major bugs that were well-documented while 2.3 was in PTS.

If we don't hold ZOS accountable, why might it ever change?
    Edited by zyk on March 30, 2016 8:26PM
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am giving credit where it is due. I give credit to ZOS for failing to maintain Cyrodiil at a basic technical level. That's the best I can do. IMO, as a company, ZOS is not even trying.

I would give positive credit to ZOS if this happened:

"We understand everyone is eagerly awaiting the Thieves Guild DLC, but unfortunately, despite our best effort, its level of quality doesn't yet meet our standards and it would be contrary to our commitment of providing the best possible experience for our customers if we were to release it now."

Instead, a decision maker at ZOS decided it was okay to inconvenience its customers with major bugs that were well-documented while 2.3 was in PTS.

If we don't hold ZOS accountable, why might it ever change?

ZOS is acountable. But there is a way to report bugs and a way to post threads. What people do in these forums the past couple week is pure whining, bashing and threatening thinking it will make things any better.

Sorry, not going to work. If you want ZOS to communicate, do what some people did, and post threads illustrating clearly one issue at a time with a video and proofs. Shouting "I am seriously thinking about leaving the game" and messaging users in their mailbox offering them BDO free invites won't change much.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man oh man Frozy-I love you. But you're doing some serious sailing on the river of denial lately.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

lol

giphy.gif
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guild stopped playing. Lag is worse than before the patch + all other bugs...charge wont fix until next big patch lol
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

UL2cSY8.jpg?1

4 million isn't considered large budget? Especially for a small studio like CSE? (I actually don't know here)

And I'm sorry, but Zenimax's reputation is probably the worst I've ever heard of in terms of what they deliver for PvPers, and their communication skills with the community. Once they finally fix performances, we will be in 2025, and I'm probably being overly optimistic. That's simply because they don't give a crap about PvP performance, and you know why?

Because the pvp population represents less than 1% of the entire playerbase and probably less than 1% of their income.
    It's easy to figure out, look at how many campaigns there are in NA and EU, realise how few of them are poplocked, and realise that a pop locked server is probably around 400-500 people. PvP is NOT important to them, and really, at this point in time you can't blame them because there's no way in hell that investing the necessary ressources to fix PvP will be worth it for them.
    So they'll keep pumping out PvE DLCs and patches, each and every one of them will break new stuff, just like the previous 234567543 patches, and that will add on to the previous broken stuff that still isn't fixed after 6 months
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So what you're saying boils down to, "it's hard to make the game work so don't complain about it or expect timely fixes," followed by, "they will fix performance and balance."

Leaving aside the consistently degrading performance from patch to patch (coupled with decreased pop caps multiple times no less), what makes you think there is any hope of good balance for this game, or do you expect Wrobel to be replaced? The only reliable trends that Wrobel has shown in regards to game balance is a complete willingness to take the most rudimentary, braindead bandaid rout with game changes; no stam regen on block, infinite stacking costs on bolt escape and dodge roll, vicious death set instead of removing aoe caps, destroying rapid maneuvers, auto root and snares on gap closers, blanket battle spirit nerfs instead of individual skill adjustments, simply adding moar dps on new gear sets instead of compelling 5 piece bonuses. I could go on and on, but you should get the picture.
    If you are still getting major fps drops (under 10fps) or latency issues (above 1k ms), it is definitely not on their end.
    This is so laughable it's sig worthy.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Please go on the land you inhabit is fascinating :D

Seriously though. One PTS server with patch 1.2 pre lighting. I reckon on EU side we could get at least 100 players to download and test it with the devs. See how bad the lag is.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Let me know if you want
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me and most of people in my guild, performances got only better, latency and fps wise.

11p9pm.jpg
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ah, Stockholm Syndrome at it's finest.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I speak for most people who truly loved the pvp aspect of this game and dedicated hundreds if not thousands of hours to it-that ESO is like the "perfect spouse" that wrecked themselves. Many of us were so in love with this game at beta and release: it is beautiful, it is charming, exciting, dynamic, challenging. The group effort required was fun and such a wonderful distraction from our boring, humdrum lives. We couldn't wait to log, form our big or little groups, laugh and have a great time whether we were killing or being killed.

But then the honeymoon ended and in came the various patches and updates and nerf this and nerf that and buff this and buff that, stupid new outfits, deviations from the original beloved gameplay, the lag, oh the evil evil lag....and soon the game became unrecognizable. A tragic shell of its former fabulous self. We were forced to slowly watch, and feel, our lovely game whither, die and collapse on itself. We had to turn our backs and admit we could no longer love this game enough to tolerate the devastation. In fact, it hurts more to log on and witness the devastation than it does to forego playing.

And make no mistake about it, those who really love eso pvp but can't take the wrecked shell of it anymore would come back in a heartbeat if it was rehabilitated. But for that to happen, an admission has to be made that it is broken and wrecked. And that's not going to happen if people like you keep enabling codependently, Frozy. :(
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These poor guys can't fix it. It's a project management issue. They bought some off the shelf engine designed for generic MMO's that have no ambition, and they slapped it into this project because it was cost-efficient. The game has limitations and there's just nothing they can do about it.

There is no way the company is going to say, you know what? This $200m investment was designed incorrectly. We need to abandon our third party contracts and rebuild it from scratch.

As far as ZOS and it's parent company, Zenimax is concerned, this project is completed, in the bag, and they are just raking in the cash returns from it. That's what their investors want and expect. So there is almost no point to posts like this, and there is no point in trying to publicly shame Eric and Brian, whose decisions have very little to do with a cheap and obtuse decision that was made years ago.

There are other reasons to shame Eric, but the game being cheap and crappy is not one of them.

I don't like it either. I am sorry. But this is the game.
    Edited by JDar on March 31, 2016 4:25AM
This discussion has been closed.