The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dear Impatient DDs

Nax
Nax
✭✭✭
This is why we wait for the Tank to start the fight, and why we do not YOLO in while s/he is changing their skills:

4P4jyNh.jpg

Love,

All Tanks Everywhere

• JubJub
    JubJub
    ✭✭✭
    Haha then they blame you/healer when they die.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    rossvoss wrote: »
    Haha then they blame you/healer when they die.

My OP DPS build isn't the problem its the scrub healer for not keeping me healed and the scrub tank for not grabbing agro AFTER I already got all the agro

/sarcasm
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol funny screenshot.

I've experienced many damage dealers do this. They start the run before the whole group is in the dungeon, rush to mobs and aggro as much as possible, so even distanced mobs get aggroed, and on top of that they don't read the group chat or ignore it on purpose. << it just gets funny, when they sometimes get sad that they lost no-death achievement :p
  • EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run in before the tank, but I don't die. Tanks are just too slow most of the time.
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Gamertag - Zyzz II Legacy
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • jzholloway
    jzholloway
    ✭✭✭
    It's all our HA :)
    PC/NA
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol, you dont even need a tank for Elden Hollow.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha. Last night I was blessed with a tank who was extra impatient. We had someone not even through a door yet and he was aggroing loads of mobs. As a healer I was all like "AAAHHHHH!!! I'M SQUISHY!"
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's normal elder hollow.

You don't need a tank. You don't need a tank except for like... 4, maybe 5 vet dungeons.

Not trying to be rude, but I'm not waiting around for tank to swap things about when I can just go in there and murder it quickly.

Are you the one with 20k health? It's hardly tank health anyway. For normal dungeons, you may as well just stick on full medium and dps everything.
    Edited by Brrrofski on April 6, 2016 1:06PM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

You don't need a tank. You don't need a tank except for like... 4, maybe 5 vet dungeons.

Not trying to be rude, but I'm not waiting around for tank to swap things about when I can just go in there and murder it quickly.

Are you the one with 20k health? It's hardly tank health anyway. For normal dungeons, you may as well just stick on full medium and dps everything.

Yeah I tend to do that a lot lol. Content isn't even difficult unless you're running the prison anyway. If I die it's because the rest of the group was garbage from the start
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »

Yeah I tend to do that a lot lol. Content isn't even difficult unless you're running the prison anyway. If I die it's because the rest of the group was garbage from the start

Some bosses in some dungeons need a tank and I'll let them pull. A normal dungeon though...
  • DjSolJAH
    DjSolJAH
    ✭✭✭
    Dungeons are so easy aggro really only matters on boss fights
    Zee blues are coming!!!! Always.... Always coming...
  • Nax
    Nax
    ✭✭✭

Yes, I do realize all of this; however, the image you are looking at is of my VR1 alt in a non-scaled dungeon. Gotta level it somehow for those occasions where Tanks are in fact needed. The instance in this screenshot was just funny because, a few seconds after it was taken, the DDs and Heal all died... and somehow they aggro'd mobs that weren't even in the same room as them. I lol'd. You can be sure they waited for me to go in first after that. :)
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All dungeons can be done with and without a tank, depending on the group setup and their personal level of skills and basic knowledge of game mechanics.

However it is not nice to aggro things, when a group member is afk...

I've experienced that a lot in Wayrest Sewers, where damage dealers + tank rush from killing the nightblade boss into the next room, aggro the lich boss - while leaving (me) the healer behind. At this point I get in combat mode and unable to walk through the door.

This happens in pretty much 40% of the wayrest runs I do with experienced v16 players. I am usually behind the team, because I don't want to go close to the boss when I have responsibility for my teams well being x_x #¤%&/

btw. 20k hp for a v1 tank is plenty :p
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on April 7, 2016 3:33PM
  • Kozai
    Kozai
    ✭✭✭
    DjSolJAH wrote: »
    Dungeons are so easy aggro really only matters on boss fights

That is true if you only play with guild members and/or really good players.

If you PUG a lot, you find that teams are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'll find inside. :smile: Which I find enjoyable as a tank, a lot of variety, though I realize there are many who hate the chance of sucky teams.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Us tanks don't choose to be tanks to feel needed, or as a way to get into group finder dungeons easily. We are tanks because we like the play style and the role.

I get sick of reading the "we don't need tanks" statement from people who obviously think that in 90% of dungeons they just slow you down. How does a player get to learn how to tank if you only let them tank when you feel it is needed - suddenly they get to vICP and you complain that they don't know how to tank. Whose fault is that?

Can I ask that if anyone is in a dungeon (using group finder) and feels they do not need a tank or are too impatient to wait for the the tank, please let us know so we can find another group elsewhere. If you are only taking a tank with you because the game dictates that you must have one, then you probably feel you are capable of finishing the dungeon with 3 people and should do so.

If you feel, however, that you need 4 people to complete the dungeon but would prefer not to have a tank, get out of group finder and get your own group together.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is a Tank?
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if a tank is looking for group ill go,if its a group without tank ill go. tanks might not be needed but it is easier for people who are used to the trinity setup.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is a Tank?

It's this thing you fill with water, gravel, some air pumps, and fish.
  • Canadian613
    Canadian613
    Soul Shriven
    What is a Tank?

It's someone who gains the attention of all the adds (enemies). This keeps them from ganging up on one particular DPS, or attacking the healer.

Usually work with certain "pulls" that draw them away from everyone else.
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is a Tank?

It's someone who gains the attention of all the adds (enemies). This keeps them from ganging up on one particular DPS, or attacking the healer.

Usually work with certain "pulls" that draw them away from everyone else.

Pretty sure he was not serious. But I did have a tank ask what a taunt is on a dungeon run once, so...
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What is a Tank?

I presumed he was taking the mickey with that question so did not take the bait.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.