Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best pure healing gear?

ryra4
ryra4
Hi, with the new update what is the best healing gear for a pure healer besides spell power cure? (Templar)

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    dont think there is anything better to wear for pure healing than sp cure. if the worm cult and restoration of thorn sets drop in v16. i can see using that.
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium
    Answer ✓
  • ryra4
    ryra4
    What about a 5 piece seducer or kags hope with engine guardian would that work?
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best gear for endgame pve healing is:
    5 Julianos.
    1 Molag Kena.
    2 Torugs Pact (weapons included).
    3 Willpower jewelry.

I dont know if the new unbound Worm Cult set have jewelry, if it does then 5 Julianos and 5 Worm Cult pieces are favorable for trial healing. Worm cult is not that good for 4 mans dungeons, as players often spread out, so the team won't benefit much from the 5 piece bonus, because of it's range. Stamina DD's and many tanks don't benefit much from it either.

Engine Guardian is not bad for pve, but it's only beneficial for resource management. It's a balancing issue, if you wear 2 pieces of Engine Guardian you gain better resource management but loose out on ~250 spell damage from 1 Molag Kena + 2 Torugs Pact. So if you depend on spamming Breath of Life it is good to wear, if you use many hots, cast buffs and resource management skills then you are better off with 1 Kena and 2 Torugs Pact.

Seducer is good if you plan to heal-tank, otherwise it provides no benefits to your buffs, hots and resource management skills, and is not recomeneded for endgame. If you are not at endgame yet, then it is good :p

Kagrenac's Hope is also really good and viable, but It's just not the best. Julianos is better.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on March 26, 2016 3:39PM
  • ryra4
    ryra4
    What spell power should be aimed for when healing? Is 2k spell power and 2k magic regen ok?
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well most endgame healers run around with ~850 regen, 2.5k+ spell power and 50%+ crit chance due to thief mundus, 40k+ max magicka with blue food buff.

Between 0-10 attributes spent on health, the rest into magicka.
    All armor enchantments magicka.
    All jewelry with Arcane trait.
  • ryra4
    ryra4
    What about using the shadow mundus stone? Cant that same set up be used as a dps set aswell ? 5 pc julianos, 1 molag, 2 torgs and 3 will power?
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ryra4 wrote: »
    What about using the shadow mundus stone? Cant that same set up be used as a dps set aswell ? 5 pc julianos, 1 molag, 2 torgs and 3 will power?

A few of my friends tested The Mage, The Shadow, The Atronach and The Thief on their templar and sorcerer chars. They reported back that The Thief was the best one overall.

I used to run with The Atronach for more magicka regen, but I eventually l2p with The Thief. In my experience it has been for the better, and I don't want to go back to The Atronach now... but it did took me a few dungeon runs to get used to so little regen.

It is great for DPS ^^ healing and magicka based dps benefit from the same things, if you exclude champion points.
    Btw. just to not be misunderstood. My advice is ment for level veteran 16 endgame content because you asked for the best healing gear. If you are still levelling and need to unlock skills etc. the best gear setup is different, as you might lack passive skills and need to gain xp to have skills unlocked.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on March 26, 2016 4:23PM
  • ryra4
    ryra4
    Thanks for your help, would i use this set for dps build as well? Or would there be better dps options ?
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is very viable for dps. The best for dps however is another matter, and recently had an update with TG and were presented with new gear ...so stuff needs to be tested and tried out. But if you keep that gear, you should be able to do all dungeons and pledges as a decent dps.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on March 26, 2016 9:33PM