The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Vet 16 Prices!!!??

nick59349b14_ESO
nick59349b14_ESO
✭✭✭
So I just make vet 16 and go to make new gear put the prices jump from 13 to 130 pieces per gear set? What's up with that?! It's not that much of a benefit is it??
  • paul_j
    paul_j
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Yes it is. :smile:
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was shocked as well when I found that out. Soon realised that its just how it is and everyone has to deal with it. Start collecting the materials now, and also make sure your hirelings are maxed along with your crafting. The next thing you have to look forward to is the cost of VR16 Glyphs :(
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Karacule_Fairystar
    Karacule_Fairystar
    ✭✭✭
    So I just make vet 16 and go to make new gear put the prices jump from 13 to 130 pieces per gear set? What's up with that?! It's not that much of a benefit is it??

it's what you call endgame haha! ;)
  • nick59349b14_ESO
    nick59349b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The glyphs were about what I expected but yes they are steep as well. Where to you get the rubedo leather scraps in the wild? I've always just bought them but that's too much to purchase from a trader. The part that pisses me off is I deconstructed all my vet 15 gear them saw the prices. So now I'm naked and broke :(
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The glyphs were about what I expected but yes they are steep as well. Where to you get the rubedo leather scraps in the wild? I've always just bought them but that's too much to purchase from a trader. The part that pisses me off is I deconstructed all my vet 15 gear them saw the prices. So now I'm naked and broke :(
    I used to buy Rubedo leather too, and then I recently bought Orsinium and found that I could get all the VR16 mats there myself. I don't mind farming for things like this. So yes if your Clothing skill is maxed, then you can get Rubedo Leather Scraps from all the creatures in Wrothgar, and also you can deconstruct all the drops you get. I finally have a full set of VR16 armour, and it was all thanks to Orsinium, which I have still only just begun.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • nick59349b14_ESO
    nick59349b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Cool, I'll check it out thanks!
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    They also increased the amount of top tier nodes in wrothgar and hews bane. That is if your character has the crafting skill for it. Luckily all 8 of my toons are maxed at crafting. Only 1 toon knows the motifs/recipes/traits. I made gold v16 gear for 6 of my v16 toons and still have atleast a stack or more of each mat. It use to be harder to aquire the mats. Your lucky that your crafty our v16 stuff now tbh.
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it bothers you just roll with VR15 purple gear OP many people do
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • nick59349b14_ESO
    nick59349b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just curious, when deconstructing vet 16 gear are the rewards proportional? When breaking down something that costs 12 to make you typically get 3 in return but do you get 30 in return when breaking down a 130 item?
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's 2 hours of node farming to make a full v16 armor weapons and glyphs, not so hard for the "endgame".
    Making it purple will maybe cost you few gold easy to get, making it gold a lot more.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • nick59349b14_ESO
    nick59349b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I ran around wrothgar for 2 hours last night killing every creature I could find and didn't get 1 mat. I'm guessing decon gear is the fastest bet.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran around wrothgar for 2 hours last night killing every creature I could find and didn't get 1 mat. I'm guessing decon gear is the fastest bet.

You have to spend skillpoints in crafting v15+ material, before you can farm v15 materials. The crafting nodes scale with those skillpoints spent. So in case you have tried to farm that with a mule char, then maybe that is the cause of it.
    Crafting materials scale in Imperial City, Wrothgar, Hews Bane and Cyrodiil.

The fastest way of farming v16 runes and materials is in IC sewers. Join a group randomly there, farm the currency Tel Var Stones (drops from all bosses and mobs you slay). Deconstruct all your loot, and buy extra materials for the Tel Var Stones you gain.
    WARNING: it's pvp area, if you get ganked 80% of your stones go to the person who killed you. If you kill enemy players, you will gain their stones. If you die by NPC's you'll loose around 10%-20% stones I think ...and if you do /stuck to get back to base, you will loose around 10%.
    -it only counts for the stones you carry, the stones you have in your bank will NOT be touched.

I hope you are not a tank. The new shiny prismatic essense rune Hakeijo cost between 30k-45k.
    ...ín case you are a tank, well be happy you weren't v16 a few months ago when they were sold for 70k :p
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At least all the nodes in scaled areas are tier 10 mats instead of about 30% tier 10 and about 70% tier 9, assuming you have the passives.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just curious, when deconstructing vet 16 gear are the rewards proportional? When breaking down something that costs 12 to make you typically get 3 in return but do you get 30 in return when breaking down a 130 item?

Nope, you get one.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• nick59349b14_ESO
    nick59349b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

You have to spend skillpoints in crafting v15+ material, before you can farm v15 materials. The crafting nodes scale with those skillpoints spent. So in case you have tried to farm that with a mule char, then maybe that is the cause of it.

The fastest way of farming v16 runes and materials is in IC sewers. Join a group randomly there, farm the currency Tel Var Stones (drops from all bosses and mobs you slay). Deconstruct all your loot, and buy extra materials for the Tel Var Stones you gain.
    WARNING: it's pvp area, if you get ganked 80% of your stones go to the person who killed you. If you kill enemy players, you will gain their stones. If you die by NPC's you'll loose around 10%-20% stones I think ...and if you do /stuck to get back to base, you will loose around 10%.
    -it only counts for the stones you carry, the stones you have in your bank will NOT be touched.

I hope you are not a tank. The new shiny prismatic essense rune Hakeijo cost between 30k-45k.
    ...ín case you are a tank, well be happy you weren't v16 a few months ago when they were sold for 70k :p

Ya I have all my crafting maxed out at level 50.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya I have all my crafting maxed out at level 50.
    Yes, but do you actually have the skill points in the passives on the character you're farming with? Because unless you're at level 50 in the crafting skill and have 9 skill points in the appropriate passive to get it to rank 10 (for clothing the passive is Tailoring), that character won't ever get rubedo dropping from creatures he kills.

If he is both at Clothing 50 and Tailoring 10/10 then he should have got a ton of rubedo scraps running around killing beasts for 2 hours in Wrothgar.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭

Nope, with maxed skills (and points allocated) most of the time, I only get 1 piece.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • nick59349b14_ESO
    nick59349b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, all my skill lines are maxed out. Not sure why the mats weren't dropping. Must not have been my night.
  • cdobratz
    cdobratz
    ✭✭✭
    not as expensive as those damn tempering alloys, I will never be unsalty about the price of them
    NA-PC
    Calamity Ganon - DC Magic Sorc
    Escape Velocity - DC Stam NB
    Bears Beets Battlestár - DC Stamplar
    Bears Beets Battlestar - DC Stam DK
    Dr. John Dorian - DC Magic DK
    Kojima's Revenge - EP Magic Sorc
    dafack - AD Magic NB
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrothgar only drops the highest material that you have skills put into that profession. So if you want rubedite, you need to be a level 50 Blacksmith with 10 skill points into metalworking. Same goes for rubedo/ancestor silk in the Clothier profession and for sanded ruby ash in Woodworking. If you don't have skill points I suggest hitting skyshard.