Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Alliance Styles?

Pink_Violinz
Pink_Violinz
✭✭✭✭✭
How are they acquired? I tried looking it up but found nothing. Are they like dwemer where you randomly find pieces, or like ancient orc and bought through ap/tv/gold? I have the update currently downloading so I am unable to check for myself.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found a few of them, and this is what I've figured out.

Get on a character of the alliance you wish to find the motifs for (you can't find AD motifs on a DC character etc., however they can still be purchased)

Go into Cyrodiil

If you have any Cyrodiil treasure maps, you have a good chance to find them in those treasure chests.

If not, check any overworld chests that you find for a chance to get them. I opened 5 the other day when I was wandering around and found 2 motif pieces.

Apparently they drop in the Imperial City and Cyrodiil delves as well but I can't confirm this*.

Good luck!

*Edit: Cyrodiil delve chests confirmed by @driosketch and Imperial City chests confirmed by @olsborg and @RAGUNAnoOne. Thanks guys!
    Edited by ListerJMC on March 26, 2016 12:56PM
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »

If not, check any overworld chests that you find for a chance to get them. I opened 5 the other day when I was wandering around and found 2 motif pieces.

Wait, what? The alliance motifs can drop from over world chests?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alliance motifs drop in chests in overland cyrodiil either form tmap or just random, also from IC altho the chance here seems to be lower then in cyrodiil. Confirmed.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, what? The alliance motifs can drop from over world chests?

Yep, but only in Cyrodiil as far as I'm aware.

Check this thread for some of their locations: forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/253983/cyrodiil-chest-locations#latest.

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh OK. Was gonna say wtf, as I've been farming wrothgar chests like a mofo and never found one xD

Nvm then I guess ^^
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Apparently they drop in the Imperial City and Cyrodiil delves as well but I can't confirm this.

Good luck!

They do in fact drop from delves in Cyrodiil. I'm not sure if the drop rate is different or if there is a cool down. I've been finding about one page per inventory fill.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

Apparently they drop in the Imperial City and Cyrodiil delves as well but I can't confirm this.

Good luck!

They do in fact drop from delves in Cyrodiil. I'm not sure if the drop rate is different or if there is a cool down. I've been finding about one page per inventory fill.

Oh cool, I feel like delve chests might have a lower drop rate if that's the case. I've opened about 4 inside delves at different times and got nothing, meanwhile I opened 8 more overworld chests one after the other and got 3 more motif pages the other day.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres a higher chance of dropping with cyrodiil treasure map chests :)
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • KaylynT
    KaylynT

Really? Man that sucks. My inventory was getting full so I sold all of mine for 50g each. No wonder they sold in like two seconds.
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found one in an IC anchor chest but the rate is low.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaylynT wrote: »

Really? Man that sucks. My inventory was getting full so I sold all of mine for 50g each. No wonder they sold in like two seconds.

I did the same with one of mine, but from what I've found and from what other people have told me the drop rate definitely seems to be the highest in those chests. I'm not selling them anymore!

I'm just going to compile my current stats on this because I did some more motif hunting today:

5/15 overworld chests (3 difficult, 1 intermediate, 1 simple chest)

0/4 delve chests

2/2 treasure map chests
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been doing a little work on getting these things. I haven't kept complete track.

I've gotten several from IC chests, both random chests and portals. Group was farming a portal in Arena, I got one and my friends got about 4 each and some maps for more after grinding for about the same time.

Treasure chests have had roughly a 50/50 chance.

I've done a number of dolmens and while I haven't gotten one others have said they've gotten a piece.

Random chests in Cyrodiil are low, but I got one relatively quickly.

0/3 Delve chests.