The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Armor Crafting

Moonscythe
Moonscythe
✭✭✭✭✭
I bought an Ancient Elf Motif from the crown store to use up my crowns before the switch to Xbox but I haven't learned it yet. I am a take-my-time slow player. If my clothier has reached the level needed to craft it but none of my characters has gotten to where Palladium is found and I rarely have enough gold to buy anything expensive can I make the armor with a mimic stone? What crafting mat is used for Ancient Elf light? Where is it found or will I have to buy that as well. I only bought the motif book because I liked the look of the armor and all the useful utility items weren't in the store yet.
Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You use cloth material for crafting lightarmor, the different levels need different materials. Lowest level is Jute and the highest level material is Ancestor Silk. There are different level materials in between these two . You can deconstruct looted lightarmor pieces of that level, to gain the main material or go out and farm it in the area and then refine the raw material to be able to use it. For 100 raw material you will gain maybe 70-80 material.

You can potentially also deconstruct gear that is Ancient Elf style, however this is a very slow way of gaining it.

Yes you can make armor with a mimic stone in Ancient Elf style, I would see it as a waste though. Just go and pick up 20-30 columbines, sell them for 350g-370g each to other players, and use the gold to purchase your palladium in the game.
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. Frankly, if I could find 20 or 30 Columbine I would be a happy gamer. I send all my characters out with Keen Eye at night looking and if I'm lucky I end up with 6 or so for several hours of running 4 or 5 characters. I wasn't thinking that I could make Ancient Elf in the lower level mats like jute or linen but I suppose I can if I can get Palladium. Also, I don't belong to any guilds. I tried one and it didn't work out. I'm just a loner by nature and don't keep voice chat on while playing on the Xbox.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Moonscythe Columbine is the priciest flower. There are lots of other ways of getting an income as a non v16 :3

PC/ EU Prices:
    Mountain Flower 60g-70g
    Bugloss 70g-80g
    Namira's Rot 90g-130g
    Corn Flower 45g-60g
    Lady's Smock 74g-135g
    Water Hyacint 20g-35g

The Hollow City is good to farm at nights, when you have Keen Eye. However it might be a little crowded there ...in general just farm flowers in grassy areas that aren't too crowded.

Raw cloth and leather material between lvl 1-v14 sell for 4k or more per 200 stack, rough wood and ore sells for more. raw v15 materials sell for the highest profit though.

Lower tier recipes sell good, specially blues and purples between level 35-v5. I don't know their individual prices though, some cost a lot and others are around regular prices or a tiny bit above.

Treasure maps to Hews Bane cost around 1k-3k but require DLC access I think. Cyrodiil maps sell between 4k-18k. They can be farmed through chest farming, if you google chest location spawns and wander off to Cyrodiil to farm chests, you'll eventually get a bunch of these.

lvl 17-27 Warlock rings sell for around 7k-20k, if you have a char at that level, start grinding zombies and ghosts to get those.

If you steal containers, and only gather the green or blue items, you can farm around 4k gold a day, without having to spend skillpoints in Legedemain skill line.

Learn 2 different traits of each armor and weapon with 4 different characters, because the first 2 traits is fast learned. Then offer your crafts to other players, make them level 1 armor or weapon with the specific trait for 350g-1k gold per item, and they will be happy to pay you so they can research the trait.

Try joining a trading guild without membership fee. People in those trading guilds don't care much about communication, you can be the biggest loner and best seller. Just follow guild policies, and sell through the guildtrader. Make sure you check prices of the items you set for sale, and try to set them for sale a tiny bit cheaper than the others, so you get yours sold faster.

Get hirelings for provisioning, and place all the materials you gain for that on a mule. When you reach stacks of 50-200 of the individual materials, start selling them in stacks of 50. It's a nice side income.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on March 23, 2016 9:59PM
  • i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    9 traits in everything

Xbox One - NA
    XBOX ONE - NA
    GT: i3ig Gun
    Legion of Many - Daggerfall Covenant