Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battle Leveling Clarification

Morimizo
Morimizo
✭✭✭✭✭
I have noticed diminishing returns leveling from v13 to v14; I replaced all my v13 gear with the same or improved v14 gear (all purple, good matching sets), and my stats went DOWN in Wrothgar. My blue-quality food went down by 300 per stat!!

Nothing finer than leveling, and getting worse, regardless of the attention to improving gear.

VERY confused by this.
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify, this did not happen going from v10 to v11, v11 to v12 or v12 to v13, using the same method of improving gear, and using the SAME food.

Is this a battle leveling issue, or a glitch possibly?
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, did some swapping back and forth with my v13 and v14 gear, in non-battle-leveled areas and in Wrothgar.

Gear numbers are fine (my miscalculation last night), but the food is still less than it was, and will not "battle-level" like it did before. Guess all this will not matter once my char hits v15.

Edited by Morimizo on March 20, 2016 11:20PM
  • Sharakor
    Sharakor
    ✭✭✭
    No one really knows how battle leveling works since ZOS has always refused to release formulas and factors of almost any game mechanic which often leaves players confused and testing for hours on end only to get semi accurate results. On top of that they provide misleading and ambiguos explanations leaving players wondering if things are working as intended or bugged. Anyways, it's normal, with each level you gain you lose a fraction of the battle level boost you had. Remember that battle leveling is now greatly affected by improvement quality (white strike meant white improvement on your set?).