The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Strange load prioritization

ParaNostram
ParaNostram
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So, before the Thieves Guild launched I was able to play this game just fine. Every so often if I was doing something intense, such as PvPing in a large scale battle, it might take a minute for everyone to load but for the most part I could play just fine. Since the launch of Thieve's Guild, however, this has all changed... PvP has turned into fighting against invisible enemies for minutes or (and I've clocked it) up to half an hour. My allies load fine, siege sometimes loads, but enemies consistently just don't appear on my screen. It even extended to Malestrom as I found out, takes about 5-10 seconds each round for the enemies to appear on screen. I NEVER had this problem before, and whoop here it is!

Before anyone asks, yes I have tried lowering graphical settings and no this hasn't helped. Yes, I run on a wireless internet but it is also the same internet that I ran on before TG launched. Point is, I want to be able to actually fight things.
Edited by ParaNostram on March 18, 2016 11:53PM
"Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
Bosmer Sorceress
Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
Order of the Black Worm
  • Pajoonk
    Pajoonk
    Soul Shriven
    I have same problem in town (still haven't left Daggerfall :/ ). More intense since last patch:
    Slowly loading geometry, character models, sometimes load-screen when I'm running through city (this last one never happened for me before patch).
    Even when I reinstalled ESO from HDD to SSD this still occurs. Not to mention that I have 12GB of RAM.
    That's the first game where something like this is happening for me.

Please work a little on optimization of your engine. Even Skyrim ran better on my machine, not to mention other open-world games. I understand that MMO is little different, but something like level geometry should be done on client side, so there is no excuse in my opinion. Especially when I spend all my time in one area, so there is no need for swapping large amounts of data.
    Edited by Pajoonk on March 19, 2016 1:45PM
    Options
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run into the same problems, mostly during prime time. I have a feeling that this was part of the loading screen fixes, reducing what was required to load before the screen is up etc. I could be completely and utterly wrong but it seems like it never used to be an issue.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
    Options
  • Sasyk
    Sasyk
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just prime time, it's all the time. I tried doing VMA on my DK around 4am EST, on round 5 the trolls that smash the islands were invisible until it was too late. Most of the enemies in all the arenas up to that point were very slow to render as well. It makes VMA hell.

I tried deleting the ShaderCache.cooked file and UserSettings file so the game would rebuild them, but it didn't work. I did that twice then ran a repair, still have the same issue.
    Edited by Sasyk on March 19, 2016 10:21AM
    Sasyk Ik-ce - Spacey Ricochet - Swaggette - Andrea Ik-ce - Avari Lebe - Rubi Malone - Amaryllis Fox - Sergeant Moxy - Moon Unit Zoey - Retro Betty - Emmanuelle Sinclair
    Nightfighters - Sempiternal Way - Macro and Cheese
    Options
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have the same problem since 15 march fix, and I've noticed a couple of themes about this problem

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/253884/rendering-issues-after-tuesdays-hotfix#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/253860/zenimax-please-look-at-this-bug?new=1
    Sasyk wrote: »
    It's not just prime time, it's all the time.

I tried deleting the ShaderCache.cooked file and UserSettings file so the game would rebuild them, but it didn't work. I did that twice then ran a repair, still have the same issue.

yes, the same problem.
    I've tried everything in ur list + updated all my drivers, some soft, clean-up computer, test World of Warcraft etc, etc. Now I see that it is totally game problem, not our.

Edited by Morvane on March 19, 2016 11:31AM
    DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
    Options