The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rendering issues after Tuesday's hotfix

Sasyk
Sasyk
✭✭✭
I'm not sure what was changed exactly, but the DX11 hotfix on Tuesday created a new issue for me and some of my guildmates. The short of it is enemies aren't rendering on our screens even though they spawn and are able to attack us, and we can only attack them with AOE abilities till they render anywhere from around 3 to 10 seconds later (or longer). We've also had issues with the audio cutting in and out randomly, in my case it happens more often when a lot of stuff is happening on screen at once (like in trials).

I asked them some basic questions regarding their hardware and there doesn't seem to be any common ground for what I'd imagine would be the biggest culprits.

I have an AMD processor and an AMD video card, running windows 7 64 bit

One guildmate has an Intel i5 processor and an AMD video card running windows 10 64 bit

and another guildmate has an AMD processor with a Nvidia video card running windows 7 64 bit.

All are DX11 compatible and having the same issue.

I'm not able to post a video of the this but I can stream and it'll show up in the stream obviously.

Whatever you guys at ZoS changed on Tuesday, can you please reverse it or look into it. It makes the game almost unplayable especially in VMA/VDSA and the trials, and it's definitely affecting others as well even if they don't post about it on the forums.
Sasyk Ik-ce - Spacey Ricochet - Swaggette - Andrea Ik-ce - Avari Lebe - Rubi Malone - Amaryllis Fox - Sergeant Moxy - Moon Unit Zoey - Retro Betty - Emmanuelle Sinclair
Nightfighters - Sempiternal Way - Macro and Cheese
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have this problem in pvp. Every patch the rendering of people becomes worse and worse....
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
    Options
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly the same happened to me since that patch. They screwed something hard, and i fear they will just ignore the problem and move on.
    Options
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah, so it's not just me.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
    Options
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    This. It happens to me in PvP as well. Can't see them, can't target them, but they attack me and can be damaged by my AoE spells.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
    Options
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes! This is happening more & more everyday! It only happened in pvp when it was a big fight, but as of yesterday when I went to run around Wrothgar & some lower level areas, the enemies are there and can hit me, but I can not see them or hit them.
    I will eventually end up in a loading screen, and then I'm dead.
    I was so mad in Deshaan!! I was killed by a wasp there because of not seeing it and then the loading screen! So that is how long the load screen was, the time it takes for a level 20ish wasp to kill a v16 me. A loooooong time.
    Options
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cmon @ZOS_GinaBruno give us some response, ever if its "We are not fixing it, and we dont care", so i can move on and never look back.
    Options
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that is hardly surprising. While previously the graphics team had to maintain 3-4 renderers on PC, now it has only one to maintain, which means that instead of four slowly deteriorating renderers we have one deteriorating at 4 times accelerated rate.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on 18 March 2016 15:37
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens for me as well. In groups some people are totally invisible but can fight and kill. I cannot do anything to them though.
    Options
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens. I personally feel it mostly in pvp since i do spend 90% of my time there. Granted i dont spend much time in ESO but yes. Invisible teammates that dont load at all - i can just see team symbol and i cant rez them. Invisible enemies, or enemies that render while attacking me, or after, invisible keep guards. Happens both on 32 and 64 bit.

The only thing i noticed this seem to happen mostly in prime time.
    Options
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to create new topic, but found this.
    have the same problem since latest "fix", and I can play this game all this week, cause even my sorcs toggle skills like Bound Armor dont wanna rendering
    whole free week turned into hell instead of gaming and enjoying new DLC
    im very dissapointed and angry.
    also, I play ESO at AMD notebook with Radeon card like topic starter. Seems its common problem to all AMD users or what?
    Sasyk wrote: »
    I have an AMD processor and an AMD video card, running windows 7 64 bit

One guildmate has an Intel i5 processor and an AMD video card running windows 10 64 bit

and another guildmate has an AMD processor with a Nvidia video card running windows 7 64 bit.

All are DX11 compatible and having the same issue.

DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
    Options
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    GForce here, same problem.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
    Options
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    where is ZoS? we wanna answer in this theme and decicision in game
    I have no crashes or lags since DLC start, than "fix" spoiled all

mates, does anybody wrote to support about this problem?
    Edited by Morvane on 19 March 2016 11:36
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
    Options
  • eonowakb16_ESO
    eonowakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here also...no issues before ther last patch, but now.
    Jerak Arenreth - legendär in Glenumbra - legendär überall
    Options
  • thejynxed
    thejynxed
    BTW, this is probably an issue where there may be something in the code still not properly swapped over from DX9 to DX11, and it'll take them a bit to track down exactly what and fix it.
    Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is in some serious need of attention from ZoS. This is absolutely destroying all desire and sometimes ability to play this game. I did a run of vMA today on 4 toons, and in all of the runs there were instances where entire waves of mobs would appear invisible and untargettable (only aoe could damage them) and caused an insane amount of frustration. I actually was about to get world record for nightblades today by a large margin but the final boss fight had invisible adds EVERY attempt, as well as ghosts and AoE mechanics. I was being stunned by molten destructions that did not appear, being molten breathed by invisible Crematorial Guards, and healers would heal the boss without being able to be bashed since I couldn't see them or interact. This is absolutely unacceptable that some players are completely locked out of participating in content due to this issue. Prior to the hotfix everything was totally fine, and whatever you did there has absolutely destroyed my ability to enjoy this game. Even in simple world dungeons like Bahraha's gloom enemies do not render, and it has made me have to step out from vMoL progression because of it.

@ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom where is the response to this? I understand you guys are swamped with all of the other bugs that went live with this patch, but I really think you need to take a break from the fluff changes and really hammer out stability and performance issues right now. Stop pushing new content when so many other issues are holding the game back, I've already seen 4 players that have been around since beta quit this week because of the state of the game after TG went live, and that's just people I knew personally. Please, don't let this game go to the slums.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
    Options
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know why are they avoiding this problem. I made 2 treads about it, and saw atleast 10 more. Not 1 had any response from ZoS. I only fear they wont give us response because they have no plans on addresing the problem, instead just ignore us and push it under the rug.
    Options
  • Lennz
    Lennz
    ✭✭
    This thread is in some serious need of attention from ZoS. This is absolutely destroying all desire and sometimes ability to play this game. I did a run of vMA today on 4 toons, and in all of the runs there were instances where entire waves of mobs would appear invisible and untargettable (only aoe could damage them) and caused an insane amount of frustration. I actually was about to get world record for nightblades today by a large margin but the final boss fight had invisible adds EVERY attempt, as well as ghosts and AoE mechanics. I was being stunned by molten destructions that did not appear, being molten breathed by invisible Crematorial Guards, and healers would heal the boss without being able to be bashed since I couldn't see them or interact. This is absolutely unacceptable that some players are completely locked out of participating in content due to this issue. Prior to the hotfix everything was totally fine, and whatever you did there has absolutely destroyed my ability to enjoy this game. Even in simple world dungeons like Bahraha's gloom enemies do not render, and it has made me have to step out from vMoL progression because of it.

@ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom where is the response to this? I understand you guys are swamped with all of the other bugs that went live with this patch, but I really think you need to take a break from the fluff changes and really hammer out stability and performance issues right now. Stop pushing new content when so many other issues are holding the game back, I've already seen 4 players that have been around since beta quit this week because of the state of the game after TG went live, and that's just people I knew personally. Please, don't let this game go to the slums.

Yeah i have hope for major patch in monday fix it :(
    Options
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday, after server crashing (Earth Day?), this bug was fixed at 80%, but sometimes it still appear. But instead of this Cyro is whole great lag for me, as early.
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
    Options
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bumping, this is the reason i rage quit most days.
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same issue for me, tanking dungeons and trials mode has just gotten harder

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/254481/enemy-delay-showing-up
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
    Options
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was able yesterday to clear out vWGT with speedrun achievment, but cant play Cyro at all. awfull ping and low fps everywhere
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
    Options
  • Scaraben
    Scaraben
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem yesterday on a GeForce GTX 950 w/ latest driver.
    Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there another thread on this topic where a green has posted? Nothing in today's patch notes, means another week of unplayable game play.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
    Options
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there another thread on this topic where a green has posted? Nothing in today's patch notes, means another week of unplayable game play.
    at least 10 themes about this and any reply in any of em

@morvayn54, PC/EU
    Options
  • Rogue78
    Rogue78
    ✭✭✭
    I got the same problem, especially in Cyrodiil. Invisible enemies, dissapearing group markers, black people, etc. But even in trials like SO the telegraphs of boss effects are missing and in some vet dungeons bosses can appear as late as 10-15 seconds into the fight.

This is utterly game-breaking!
    Omnia Vincit
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Options
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    this madness has returned to my game again >_<
    not like previous time but still irritate me
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
    Options