Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

new player, first character

DerricktheRed
DerricktheRed
Soul Shriven
I am just starting out and I wanted to ask opinions on best/most fun classes/races. I like soloing and I like playing offensive/aoe tank characters. I would also like to be able to solo as much content as possible. I other words, which class / race is best suited:

To solo much content, but also aggressively tank, preferably with aoe damage?

Complexity is not a problem, I just have time only for one character and want to make it count :).

Thank you!

Best Answer

• TheVindelator
    TheVindelator
    ✭✭✭
    Every class can solo well, so no need to worry about that really. You can pick what sounds the most fun.

But if you want something offensive/tanky with Aoe dragonknight would be a great choice. In fact, that's exactly what a DK is. I'd also go Dunmer for race.
    Edited by TheVindelator on March 18, 2016 9:01PM
    Answer ✓
  • DerricktheRed
    DerricktheRed
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for the suggestion! I've considered a sorc, but wasn't sure if pet-based builds would be in demand when I did decide to play dungeons. The idea of soloing group content through pets is very appealing to me, though....I like strategically setting up for a fight and then executing it and it sounds like this would be that.

Just out of curiosity, which class is the best for doing AOE damage as a tank?
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am just starting out and I wanted to ask opinions on best/most fun classes/races. I like soloing and I like playing offensive/aoe tank characters. I would also like to be able to solo as much content as possible. I other words, which class / race is best suited:

Complexity is not a problem, I just have time only for one character and want to make it count :).

Thank you!

Magicka NB (sap tank) is one of the funniest builds within the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAghedTLYSc
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Thank you!

Magicka NB (sap tank) is one of the funniest builds within the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAghedTLYSc

Does it tell jokes?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA