Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Woodelf bow build

BoaNoite
BoaNoite
✭✭
Looking for a good woodelf bow pvp build, from pvp gear setup, champion points and to skills. thank you for your time.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goodluck with finding this,

Bow builds are probably non existent since bows got nerfed....

I am currently leveling a NB Bosmer Bow user in the hope that it gets buffed...

Currently only level 20 and having loads of fun on alessia bridge.. lol...

Its a work in progress.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trust me, you do not want a Bow Build!

A bow on your secondary bar is really efficient and a good idea to compliment a Melee Stamina Fighter (Two-hand, Dual Wield)... But you will hate a "full" bow build. I tried it. My first character was a Wood Elf Stamina Nightblade.
    I had the intention to mainly used a bow... It didn't take long that I switched to Two-hand on my first bar and moved Bow on my second bar.

That said, some very good build can pump good damage with Focused Aim (Snipe morph).
    Personally, It's the only bow skill I currently use on my NB.
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've tried really hard to make a bosmer-nightblade-bow build work since launch with various degrees of success.

My main dps rotation was Buff > Lethal Arrow/Focused Aim > Light Attack canceled with poison injection > Ambush > Surprise Attack etc...

There was a time when it was really good in PvP (Morag Tong + Hawks Eye, I really miss those sets), but now with all damage halved Snipe is just not particularly effective. Even with the new Marksman set it is still too weak. Acid Spray is still a very powerful AOE when everything is in front of you, and Poison Injection is a good dot, but snipe is too weak for how long it takes to cast. Pretty much all other weapons in the game are more effective now for primary weapon.

I also tried my best to make a true bow DPS PVE build, but I gave up and leveled up a Breton Magicka Nightblade for ranged DPS in dungeons and trials and the Bosmer Nightblade is now a PvP only toon.

Playing since beta...
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know of two either Dahg's Sorc build which he uses Khajit but you could use Bosmer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEBLrfNwAPU

The other is Alcast's Bullseye build, he uses imperial I think:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9obr4GUlD3w

I run something similar to Alcast's build with my Bosmer but I make heavy use of invis and immovable pots and focus mainly on just bow dps.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Piece Kynes Kiss
    5 Piece Marksman
    1 Molags Keen

Enjoy Spamming the *** out of Bombard
  • mchermie
    mchermie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spam bombard. And win. Elder slows online ftw
    Retired
    NA DC
    K-Hole
    McHermie NB - AR 42
    McHermes DK - AR 18
    Lord Typh Templar - AR 11
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BoaNoite wrote: »
    Looking for a good woodelf bow pvp build, from pvp gear setup, champion points and to skills. thank you for your time.

I tried this. its really bad. If you are left one hundred percent alone and people are dumb enough not to attack you, you will do ok, but the second you are attacked, good bye.
  • BoaNoite
    BoaNoite
    ✭✭
    thank you for the info, so are dual wield and two hand stam nb's still any good? or with the new patch are they not good anymore? thanks again.
  • Jaiden
    Jaiden
    ✭✭✭
    I been running a bow build that has seen some good results. 5 marksman/5 morkuldin 1 molag kena shoulder. The pet proc from morkuldin does some decent damage and seems to go off quite a bit, plus it's such a troll when you stealth. Bow bar = silver bolts, poison injection, lethal arrow or Magnum shot(depending on situation), camo hunter, relentless focus. 2h bar = cloak, rapids or mark (depending on situation), vigor, rally, shuffle. I have 27cps in bow attacks for 10%, I have like 73 I think in mighty, and rest in piercing. Warrior mundus, and all weapon enchants on jewelry. I use silver bolts cuz if still hits hard and with all the vamps running around, it's a free stun. If you weave light attacks while focus is up you get a pretty decent high hit magic attack. I still get 8k hits as stamina with it.
    Jaiden V16 nightblade

That's all I got, 1 toon.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in no way endorsing running a pure bow build.

However, for a stamblade, something like

Bar 1:
    Lethal Arrow
    Bombard
    poison injection
    magnum shot
    shadow image
    flawless dawnbreaker

Bar 2:
    relentless focus
    cloak
    shuffle
    vigor
    magelight(stealth empower ftw)
    meteor

would probably be the best bet, since you can TRY to use cloak/shadow image to keep people out of your face.

I'd probably want to run 5 pc alchemist(with s/b or dw weapons on back bar), 5 hundings (4 armor + bow), 3 endurance/agility. you'll have to use weapon power pots, since there's no source of major brutality on your bars.

You'd need to be super careful about positioning, timing your burst, and knowing exactly when to use shadow image/cloak to prevent wrecking your magika pool. However, you'd be packing over 4k wep dam + flawless dawnbreaker + relentless focus + nightblade stealth+ wood elf stealth + empower damage bonuses so your opening lethal arrow would hit HARD and heal debuff your target, making it VERY hard for them to recover, especially with the poison injection DoT hitting execution range. Because you can create a Doppler effect using specific bow abilities(and even more so with the in combat audio randomly not working), you'd probably get a lot of "1 shot" lulz, if that's your thing. 1vX with this build would actually just be "hide if there's more than 1 opponent" though.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on March 19, 2016 7:49PM
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run a bow build (solo) with great success but only so-so armor/items (Briarheart x5, Engine Guardian x2, Agility x3, and my wish: 1x Arena bow).
    Most important skills:
    Bombard
    Caltrops
    Bow-GTAE
    Snipe
    Venom Arrow (interrupt morph)
    Cloak (morph with 100% crit chance)
    Camouflaged hunter (also for both bars!)
    Flawless Dawnbreaker Ulti on single-dmg bar
    Meteor on AE-Bar

What people criticize about Snipe is not true, it is still a great DD, longest range, heal debuff (with CP another 20% more heal debuff after this patch) and Bombard is a great, if not the strongest, AE CC in PvP, which you can spam and the range is sufficient. Many items will proc on every single Bombard-Hit, AS IT IS NOT CONSIDERED Damage over Time, therefore most sets (Ravager, Briarheart, etc. etc. CAN proc on every ae-shot)

What most NBs do, is to go into stealth after every shot, to get their 100% crit and the Bosmer/.. stealth bonus damage. If you want to focus on pure Ganking, you can use Shadow Mundus Stone and Rearming Trap for another 15+5% more crit damage. (attention: Only the Shadow Mundus Stone is a REAL crit damage enhancer, all other possibilities to raise crit damage, are only applied to the 50% more damage, not the 150% general crit dmg, therefore the crit-dmg-CP are not worth that much!!!! Use other CP!)

(the spot-ae damage is the strongest of all classes in Eso)
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Do you want a gank or a sustained build?
    Edited by Alcast on March 20, 2016 12:45AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• BoaNoite
    BoaNoite
    ✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Do you want a gank or a sustained build?

either would be fun, most likely gank tho
  • BoaNoite
    BoaNoite
    ✭✭
    bump
  • BoaNoite
    BoaNoite
    ✭✭
    bump
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i used this build 24/7 pre thieves guild patch
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/pvp-bow-ganking-only-nb-build-hard-for-starters-and-poor/
    i think it still reliable, might update aswell
    PC EU

• BoaNoite
    BoaNoite
    ✭✭
    decent build, looking for more wep dmg, anyone else have a nice nb bow build?1