Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Question for PC crafters from Xbone - New styles, drop rates, rarity, pricing, material cost

Dapper Dinosaur
Dapper Dinosaur
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm a crafter on Xbox One that has all of the motifs currently in the game, and will be rushing to get all of the new ones asap. What I would like to know, from people who have experience with the new styles (because PC gets everything before console, I'm assuming you guys already have access to the new DLC), the following things:

1. How rarely do the alliance style pages drop? How many chests could you expect to open without finding a page on average? Is the drop rate affected by chest lock level?
2. Do all of the styles drop for all characters in all alliances, or is Zenimax screwing us by making pages only for that character's alliance appear?
3. Where do you get the style material from? How rare is it? How much could it be sold for at a reasonable range?
4. Do the new orc styles drop in the reward sacks at a similar rate to mercenary pages from the undaunted chest?
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey OP well I myself am trying for the alliance motifs myself ( obviously a lot of PvP involved ).

So far I have opened around 25+ chests and not one motif drop yet. ( I play DC ).

I have gotten an outlaw motif page from Hews Bane though ( the new area ) on another char who isn't trying to farm the Alliance motifs for me...

So I can unfortunately not comment on the drop % chance yet ( I am sure my luck will improve tonight since you can't open near 50 chests and not have ONE drop... right? (RIGHT?!? PLS RNG gods don't do this to me!!)

Old daily reward sacks will not be eligible for the new motifs, only rewards obtained post DLC release will ( and apparently they have a good drop rate, my priority right now is the alliance styles & outlaw style ).

The alliance style material can be bought @ siege merchants for 10k AP or if you have IC DLC it can be bought for 1k Telvar Stones, I cannot confirm about the other motif style mats yet as I said I am farming motifs and RNG gods are being mean right now, else I would have moved on to the next motifs and probably been able to answer all your questions in full.

"ZoS screwed you" because you will have to have a character on said alliance to be able to buy that style material and also you will need to farm on that alliance character to be able to find that alliance motif. To answer your question in your terms.

I think this method is not so bad as you can easily log onto an alt to farm the other ones...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I'm going to have to spend a fortune to get the other alliance styles. Great...

Also, there shouldn't be a ton of pvp involved because I'm going to be in the sewers, screw trying to find chests in normal cyrodiil.
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've opened 10 cyrodiil chests from treasure maps so far and have 3 pages. I do not remember whether the difficulty had any impact on probability of getting a motif page. What style you get is directly tied to your alliance and you won't get another alliance's style, unfortunately. I anticipate a lot of trading.

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm assuming, though, that a crafter can learn all the alliance styles? Meaning that while they'll only be able to farm their alliance style, you can purchase the others and have the crafter learn them. Learning the styles isn't alliance locked?

Also, are the style stones tradable, so that you can purchase them from guild traders?
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 14, 2016 6:27PM
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure from what info I've been able to dig up from this thread and others, that the only ways to get the other alliance pages (the game will allow you to learn them, because Zenimax isn't nearly stupid enough to make that not the case) are:

1. Making a character in the other alliances, getting them to level 10 so they can farm the pages, deposit them, and using them on your crafter
    2. Making a character in the other alliances to buy the pages from that alliance's guild traders
    3. Buying the pages at a higher price from players of your alliance that used the above method to try and price hike.

To get the style material for the other alliance styles, you're going to need a character that can get to Cyrodil anyway, so you might as well make at least one character for each alliance and get them to at least level 10, or get a friend to pick them up and you can arrange some kind of trade.

If you really did get 3 pages out of 10 chests and weren't just incredibly lucky, maybe these pages won't be such a nightmare to collect after all.
    Edited by Dapper Dinosaur on March 15, 2016 12:12PM