Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Champion Points- Hardened Ward- HELP!

nosillalouise
I'm a v16 sorcerer with everything gold.
I just noticed a problem when looking at my skill stats.
I have 100 in bastion and my hardened ward is saying that it only absorbs 6.4k.
PLEASE HELP!
  • Rva_Kun
    Rva_Kun
    ✭✭✭
    lol
    Actions Speak Louder Than Words.
    Fear Over The Internet = Priceless.
    Correcting Ego's Since 03'
    NA > EU

• nosillalouise
    If you're not going to post anything helpful or useful, please just don't respond.
  • Rva_Kun
    Rva_Kun
    ✭✭✭
    If you're not going to post anything helpful or useful, please just don't respond.

This whole thread makes no sense.
    NA > EU

• nosillalouise
    How does it not?
    I have 100 points into Bastion. My hardened ward should be AT LEAST 7k. But it's only at 6.4k.
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE HELP!

those ppl who feel the need to hide behind shields should stop playing ESO another problem with imbalance
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Rva_Kun
    Rva_Kun
    ✭✭✭
    How does it not?
    I have 100 points into Bastion. My hardened ward should be AT LEAST 7k. But it's only at 6.4k.

The part where you have 100 points into Bastion lol and your shield is only 6.4k
    Edited by Rva_Kun on March 9, 2016 1:27AM
    NA > EU

• nosillalouise
    PLEASE HELP!

those ppl who feel the need to hide behind shields should stop playing ESO another problem with imbalance

Once again, if you don't have anything that is REMOTELY useful or helpful just don't bother posting. Nobody likes a troll.

I don't depend on my shields, but as a sorcerer I need my shields to help me stay alive. I have 22k health.
  • nosillalouise
    Rva_Kun wrote: »
    How does it not?

The part where you have 100 points into Bastion lol and your shield is only 6.4k

I can send you a screen shot.
  • Rva_Kun
    Rva_Kun
    ✭✭✭
    PLEASE HELP!

Once again, if you don't have anything that is REMOTELY useful or helpful just don't bother posting. Nobody likes a troll.

I don't depend on my shields, but as a sorcerer I need my shields to help me stay alive. I have 22k health.

But trolls are so fluffy.
    NA > EU

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try enchanting your gear or running sets that add magika

My ward is only 10k in pvp and its only adequate at its job, 6.4k ward is useless

are you sure you're reading the whole tooltip?
    Edited by Lexxypwns on March 9, 2016 1:31AM
  • Rva_Kun
    Rva_Kun
    ✭✭✭
    How does it not?

I can send you a screen shot.

I guess.. it just makes no sense. I don't have 100 points into Bastion and my shields are more than 6.4k
    NA > EU

• Rva_Kun
    Rva_Kun
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Try enchanting your gear or running sets that add magika

My ward is only 10k in pvp and its only adequate at its job, 6.4k ward is useless

are you sure you're reading the whole tooltip?

lol i would die if his gear had no magicka enchants.
    NA > EU

• nosillalouise
    1. I'm a girl. Secondly, I have all gold enchants, max magic with 2 max health.
  • mrdankles
    mrdankles
    ✭✭✭
    He probably has stamina or health enchants hahaha
  • nosillalouise
    I have 5 pc Julianos, 2 Seducer. I have all gold enchants, 5 max magic and 2 maximum health.
    I'm reading the stats.
    "The globes on your summoned creatures can absorb 6187 damage. Your globe can absorb 33% more damage.)
  • Rva_Kun
    Rva_Kun
    ✭✭✭
    1. I'm a girl. Secondly, I have all gold enchants, max magic with 2 max health.

A girl? No way!
    NA > EU

• Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please tell us more about yor stats, gear, enchants and CP distribution so we can have more info please
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your hardened ward also scales with your max magicka. My max magicka is 35k and I have 77cp in bastion, my ward is 10.3k in cyrodiil and about 22k outside of cyrodiil. You can't know your ward value by looking at the tooltip (well you could work it out but it doesn't tell you), the easiest way to know it to use an addon like FTC.
    PC | EU
  • Rva_Kun
    Rva_Kun
    ✭✭✭
    Prabooo wrote: »
    Please tell us more about yor stats, gear, enchants and CP distribution so we can have more info please

Look at the previous posts in thread lol
    NA > EU

• Leovolao
    Leovolao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It says right there that it's 6k +33% so around 8k. It's within reason if you ask me, you should really say what your max magicka is tho.
    tea pot

"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?"
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE HELP!

Quite an extreme opinion there. Ever seen a magicka sorc not use a ward in pvp? No? Ever wondered why? No? You just assumed all sorcs were bad players, yeah? Great logic.
    PC | EU
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Prabooo wrote: »

Look at the previous posts in thread lol

yep, I didnt read the previous post... specially the part about the tooltip... as @FriedEggSandwich said, use an addon to check with more accuracy
  • nosillalouise
    Okay.
    Armor
    5 pc Julianos Light Divines all Gold.
    2 pc Seducer with Divines Gold.
    Weapons
    2 Torugs Pact Sharped with Disease Gold
    1 Seducer Resto with Defending and absorb magicka enchant Gold

Champion Rank: 299
    I have 100 points into bastion and my hardened ward is at 6.1k.
    All I have in the warrior tree is bastion. I tried putting 50/50 Bastion & Hardy it went down to like 5k. Reset it back to 100 bastion and it went back to 6.1k

With dual wield equipped my hardened ward is at 6.1k
    With rest staff equipped my hardened ward is at 6.4k.
  • nosillalouise
    Can't use an add-on because i'm on the ps4.
    My max magic is 28k.
  • Leovolao
    Leovolao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't use an add-on because i'm on the ps4.
    My max magic is 28k.

Then your tooltip is correct, your max magicka is way too low. And it's not 6k, dont forget to add the 33%. Mine is 8273 +33%, but my magicka is 37k.
    Edited by Leovolao on March 9, 2016 1:57AM
    tea pot

"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?"
  • nosillalouise
    JUST FIGURED IT OUT.

I had forgotten that the new food that I was trying was Max Health, Max Recovery. So that's what my base magicka was, unbuffed in a sense.
    I tried the other food I had and my hardened ward went up to 7.3k with 33k max magicka
  • Rva_Kun
    Rva_Kun
    ✭✭✭
    lol this thread is toxic asf.
    NA > EU

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 5 pc Julianos, 2 Seducer. I have all gold enchants, 5 max magic and 2 maximum health.
    I'm reading the stats.
    "The globes on your summoned creatures can absorb 6187 damage. Your globe can absorb 33% more damage.)

1. health glyphs on sorcs are worthless, l2p
    2. 6187*1.33 = 8,228, that's not 6.4k, l2math
    3. that's 7 pieces of gear, are you wearing jewelry and using weapons?

edit: oh, wait, I can see that you're not aware of what foods you're on, l2p
    Edited by Lexxypwns on March 9, 2016 2:09AM
  • nosillalouise
    I'm reading the stats.

1) I might end up switching to max magicka, unfortunately I already made the glyphs gold. I only put health glyphs on because my health was loooooow.
    2) I suck at math.
    3) Read previous post, I posted more about my gear.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm reading the stats.

1) I might end up switching to max magicka, unfortunately I already made the glyphs gold. I only put health glyphs on because my health was loooooow.
    2) I suck at math.
    3) Read previous post, I posted more about my gear.

Health Glyphs are fine for PvE, you can use the extra pad. The Hardened Ward, I do not believe will show the CP addition, I could be wrong. And you have to do the math as for the tool tip.

You already know that, and you already figured out the food. You could also run Innerlight or Bound armor to get more magicka.

The health being low is fine for PvP, you get the 5k health bonus and you can focus on maxing out spell dmg and max magicka. If you're super into PvP then swith the gear. What you could do is just make new gear pieces with new glyphs on those so you don't waste the old gear.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds