Zenimax, Thanks for making my game totally unplayable...

Greeblie
Greeblie
✭✭
Been with you guys on and off since the beta. Now because I don't have a fancy new video card supporting DX11, I don't get to play anymore. Thanks Zenimax! You're the greatest!

P.S. Can I get a refund for what I paid for this pig?

AxFmjqj.jpg
Grondo the Flatulent - Nord, EP, DK (wants a wedding dress...)
Galadrial Smith -High Elf, EP, sorc (I got yer potions right here!)
Dave the Librarian - Nord, EP, DK Tank (He's sooper tanky, yow!)
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THANKS OBAMA
    Options
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel you but DX 11 cards are not that new.
    Signature

Options
  • Greeblie
    Greeblie
    ✭✭
    Dx11 cards that will fit into my three year old laptop? Haven't seen one...
    Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greeblie wrote: »

How is your 3 year old lap top not DX11? Didn't that come out in like 2009?
    Options
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2923779/how-to-upgrade-graphics-in-a-laptop.html

Put in the work and you will be rewarded.
    Options
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that moment you wish you had a console so you didn't have to keep replacing parts ;)
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's nothing "fancy" about a Dx11 video card. It's plain standard.

Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    that moment you wish you had a console so you didn't have to keep replacing parts ;)

How was your play time last week with that super reliable Xbox Live?
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been with you guys on and off since the beta. Now because I don't have a fancy new video card supporting DX11, I don't get to play anymore. Thanks Zenimax! You're the greatest!

Regardless of why it happened, it sucks that this happened to some players. I feel very bad for anyone impacted this way and unable to immediately remedy it.

I don't know how anyone can lack empathy for someone in your situation. This kind of thing can happen to any of us in different ways in different aspects of life and it always sucks.

Perhaps ZOS will consider giving customers a longer/better warning about changes of this magnitude in the future.
    Edited by zyk on March 8, 2016 8:05PM
    Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

Regardless of why it happened, it sucks that this happened to some players. I feel very bad for anyone impacted this way and unable to immediately remedy it.

I don't know how anyone can lack empathy for someone in your situation. This kind of thing can happen to any of us in different ways in different aspects of life and it always sucks.

Perhaps ZOS will consider giving customers a longer warning about changes of this magnitude in the future.

Longer than 6 months?
    Options
  • EnemyOfDaState
    EnemyOfDaState
    ✭✭✭✭
    What 3 year old laptop doesn't have DX11?
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    Longer than 6 months?

This game is massive in scope. There is an absurd amount of information related to it. Just look at the patch notes. ZOS tends to deliver information poorly -- through videos, interviews and sometimes forum replies.

I don't know when exactly ZOS first mentioned this would happen, but I can see how it would be very easy for players to miss this information.

It would have been trivial for ZOS to code the patcher to warn impacted players with a pop-up months ago.
    Edited by zyk on March 8, 2016 8:02PM
    Options
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps ZOS will consider giving customers a longer warning about changes of this magnitude in the future.

They said over a year ago they were switching to DX11. How much longer do you want?
    Options
  • Greeblie
    Greeblie
    ✭✭

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2923779/how-to-upgrade-graphics-in-a-laptop.html

Put in the work and you will be rewarded.

If I have that particular brand of gaming laptop, I'd be set. But, I've a plain old Toshiba, so no luck for me.
    Options
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just do some google-fu, that was only one example of how to upgrade. You can find hardware for almost any brand if you're diligent enough.
    Options
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How was your play time last week with that super reliable Xbox Live?

it was great service was down the whole time I was at work and when I come home no one on because they don't check to see if it is back up half the time so I got in some great grinding for tv stones ;)
    Options
  • Fhirn
    Fhirn
    ✭✭
    Im srly don't give one single cucumber about guys whining about this, i'm really glad zos isent like wow pentium 2 friendly in this regard.. its ppl that have such a wooden pc that mmo's have to stay graphicly the same for years , so once again no sympathy and get yourself a decent card, if you can afford this game you should be able to afford one
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've a plain old Toshiba, so no luck for me.
    Are you sure about that? Toshiba switched to DX11 compatible cards for their laptops quite a while ago.

Are your drivers up to date?
    idea.gif
    Options
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They said over a year ago they were switching to DX11. How much longer do you want?
    ^ This.

DX11 came out in 2009,

If your laptop/PC is newer than that, then it should easily be able to run DX11. Zenimax made a statement about a year ago that this game would be switching to DX11 as a minimum spec to run the game, this should have taken no one by surprise.

I can lack empathy because there was twelve months of forewarning before this took effect. An easy, easy Google search would lead anyone to be able to upgrade even old machinery on the cheap so that it could run DX11 software.

No one gets a refund. has anyone read the back of the box that ESO came in? It says that specs to run the game may change over time. Meaning; like any other PC related product, eventually you're going to have to upgrade your hardware to keep playing the latest games. ESO made a change to support better software as a minimum spec, and they are within their right to do so.

This change also probably included some background programming to prepare the game for the onset of DX12, which Microsoft has said is not very far away at all. So when you upgrade, you may as well get something that has the power to support the near-future eventuality of DX12.

Technology moves ever forward. This is just one of those times where it's past time to upgrade from older hardware, to hardware that can run a minimum specification (that's already seven years old).

Needing to upgrade every decade or so has been a staple of PC gaming since... well, since forever. It's cheap as hell to upgrade. Getting salty over it helps you none, OP.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

Options
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭

i dont understand ?
    i run this game using a 5 or 6 year old video card ? hd5850 oc and everything run fine 60 fps :)

http://www.notebookcheck.net/ATI-Mobility-Radeon-HD-5850.23069.0.html

go get 380hd :) best bang for buck
    the wall of the covenant
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A few friends of mine are also affected atm. I hope you're able to get a new video card or a solution soon. q.q
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How is your 3 year old lap top not DX11? Didn't that come out in like 2009?

I have to agree with @Ghost-Shot as I have an Asus ROG Laptop I bought back in 2010 with a 5870m Card that's DX 11 compatible. If yours is within 3-4 years it should be compatible. You better check the system specs on it and see if you need a Bios update or something.
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is not a Zenimax problem, this is you having a poor computer to play games on. I have no problem having sympathy for anyone that this effected, and even empathy for that matter, but the OP is blaming Zenimax as if NOW, because of this, they suddenly are terrible people.

Just not the case.
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
    Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is kinda pathetic they didn't add support for previous DX versions like almost every other game I know who supports DX 11 still support previous versions....

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot ZOS when your game is already riddled with performance issues, bugs and exploits....

jack-sparrow-pirates-of-the-caribbean-Favim.com-290833.gif
    Edited by Troneon on March 8, 2016 8:26PM
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
    Options
  • Selstad
    Selstad
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's unfortunate but necessary, you need to move the game forward, and that comes in making a choice, should you move the graphics forward to an expected value for all, or sacrifice the few?

It's a bitter pill to swallow for those that don't have support for DX11, but then again, no game company can continue supporting and working on old technology just because some consumers don't have the latest hardware. They have to move forward, and in the process some won't have what's necessary to continue playing the game. DX11 has been out for almost 10 years now (it was released in 2007 as part of Windows 7) so it was just time for making that leap to DX11 only.
    Options
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    It is kinda pathetic they didn't add support for previous DX versions like almost every other game I know who supports DX 11 still support previous versions....

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot ZOS when there is already your game riddled with performance issues, bugs and exploits....

lol there are a lot of games coming out that don't support older DX versions. Technology changes.
    Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot ZOS when there is already your game riddled with performance issues, bugs and exploits....

lol there are a lot of games coming out that don't support older DX versions. Technology changes.

Games coming out now yes....

Not games that have been out for years now...they almost always keep support for older DX versions....

SO THEY DON'T ALIENATE THEIR OWN CONSUMERS>>>

They are just shooting themselves in the foot and dropping their own player numbers which means less money for them....when already people are sick of the bugs, exploits, crap pvp performance and others in game issues....

It's almost like they are sabotaging their own company and game...plus people who lose friends to play with because of these changes will also eventually just stop playing...because their friends don't play anymore...

Luckily this does not effect me but people have a right to be annoyed by this and I personally think it's a terrible business decision by ZOS not to include support for previous cards..

Edited by Troneon on March 8, 2016 8:32PM
    PC EU AD
    Options
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not games that have been out for years now...they almost always keep support for older DX versions....

SO THEY DONT ALIENATE THEIR OWN CONSUMERS>>>

They are just shooting themselves in the foot and dropping their own players numbers which means less money for them....when already people are sick of the bugs, exploits, crap pvp performance and others in game issues....

It's almost like they are sabotaging their own company and game...
    lol

I don't think the "alienation" is anywhere near as bad as you're saying. Zeni most likely has very detailed files on the system specs of a vast majority of its players.

I'd bet money that they wouldn't have gone ahead with this move if the "alienated" players were anything larger than a fraction of a percent.

Most machines in operation today are newer than five years old. I'm pretty positive that most people would struggle to get their hands on a machine that wasn't DX11 capable.

Besides that, Zenimax warned everyone that this move was coming. A year ago...

there's no excuse to not have upgraded by now.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

SO THEY DONT ALIENATE THEIR OWN CONSUMERS>>>

They are just shooting themselves in the foot and dropping their own players numbers which means less money for them....when already people are sick of the bugs, exploits, crap pvp performance and others in game issues....

It's almost like they are sabotaging their own company and game...
    lol

I don't think the "alienation" is anywhere near as bad as you're saying. Zeni most likely has very detailed files on the system specs of a vast majority of its players.

I'd bet money that they wouldn't have gone ahead with this move if the "alienated" players were anything larger than a fraction of a percent.

Most machines in operation today are newer than five years old. I'm pretty positive that most people would struggle to get their hands on a machine that wasn't DX11 capable.

Besides that, Zenimax warned everyone that this move was coming. A year ago...

there's no excuse to not have upgraded by now.

You bring up another thing, communication was crap about this....it's easy to say "they said it a year ago" but I bet they didn't bother to send an auto email out to everyone's accounts to let them know "by the way you have "this" many months to upgrade to DX 11 hardware or you won't be able to play".......which is very easy to do and something they should of done. Or did they even mention it at all on ESO Live? Or did they mention is on any social media recently at all?

Communication from ZOS on any issue is crap on a good day...unless it's a crown store sale or some stupid fluff item on sale...then they EMAIL EVERYONE....more than once and spam social media....

Sorry no can't defend them on this it's BS how they handled this and it will hurt them in the long run...
    Edited by Troneon on March 8, 2016 8:41PM
    PC EU AD
    Options
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So what? Many games are adding dx11 mode, it doesnt mean the game wont work on dx 10. Dont you think it would be nice of Z. to specify that they not only enable dx11 but also stop supporting earlier versions of dx?
    Options
This discussion has been closed.