Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Improving set pieces and their bonuses by level

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I have been crafting a few pieces to 16 as I get the mats. Was wandering if my V16 weapons get the V16 set bonus when paired with some V15 pieces?

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does for me

The Set Bonuses will be an average of the two pieces if that is what your asking. But the raw stats of the item will be what they should be for the level and the improvement.

This is why most people use VR15 Armor and VR16 weapons. In fact, you get more bang going to a VR16 weapon than you do going to VR16 armor. Although the Glyphs do get nice at VR16
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah. The hundings adds 300 weapon damage on 5 piece V16 Gold while vet 15 purple adds like 286. The base damage is quite a bit more on gold V16 great sword.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Yeah. The hundings adds 300 weapon damage on 5 piece V16 Gold while vet 15 purple adds like 286. The base damage is quite a bit more on gold V16 great sword.

One way to look at it, 14 points is not going to make the difference in a fight.

BTW, improve that VR15 to Gold and you will see even less of a difference. You can que it up to see what it will go to.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »

FYI, my VR15 Hundings Rage gives 296 Weapon Damage when improved to Gold. So, no real need to go to VR16 unless you want the higher power glyphs.