The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Crashing and frames drops

asa.schaefferub17_ESO
Hello Zenimax.

I am very close to quitting elder scrolls online. Id rather not get into it with this article, but I am less than satisfied with a massive amount of the decisions zenimax makes on a daily basis. One example of a frustration is the 10 to 15 minute log in screens between characters since the thieves guild patch, and consistent crashing every 5-10 minutes of play time. This is absolutely awful and it makes absolutely no sense to me why a company as professional as Zenimax would make live a patch this flawed. Actually on second glance, the awful display of your company from ESO live's internet problems and other blunders makes me doubt you even know about crashing as a problem in this game.
Please at least let people know that youre royally *** them before you let the patch notes go live.. Maybe at the bottom next to we have no idea how to balance templars and that cyrodiil is held together with duct tape and bubble gum.. ***.

I'm on a macbook pro 10.9.5 OS X with 16 GB RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB.. Problems like this crashing are on your end.

• zebra54321
    Hello Zenimax.

I am very close to quitting elder scrolls online. Id rather not get into it with this article, but I am less than satisfied with a massive amount of the decisions zenimax makes on a daily basis. One example of a frustration is the 10 to 15 minute log in screens between characters since the thieves guild patch, and consistent crashing every 5-10 minutes of play time. This is absolutely awful and it makes absolutely no sense to me why a company as professional as Zenimax would make live a patch this flawed. Actually on second glance, the awful display of your company from ESO live's internet problems and other blunders makes me doubt you even know about crashing as a problem in this game.
    Please at least let people know that youre royally *** them before you let the patch notes go live.. Maybe at the bottom next to we have no idea how to balance templars and that cyrodiil is held together with duct tape and bubble gum.. ***.

I'm on a macbook pro 10.9.5 OS X with 16 GB RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB.. Problems like this crashing are on your end.

I am having the exact same problem after the patch. My game is absolutely unplayable. I turned down the graphic settings to medium, and now it won't even load.

This is completely unacceptable. I bought $48 dollars worth of crowns, getting ready to buy the new dlc and some other things, but now I can't even get into the game at all, and if I get a miracle and it works, the fps is so low that it's rendered unplayable anyways.

This better be fixed. Fast.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @asa.schaefferub17_ESO, please update your Mac to El Capitan. With the switch to OpenGL 4.1, the compiled shaders can no longer be cached on disk as before (file shaderCaches.cooked in your profile's Elder Scrolls Online folder), meaning that they have to be compiled on demand. Yosemite and El Capitan are nearly twice as fast in doing this.
  • AKSb16_ESO2
    AKSb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    I had no problems with the new client, only when it begins to rain the FPS drops to 1-3. ^^
  • iluvatar1980
    iluvatar1980
    Soul Shriven
    im having the same problems
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having slight issues.

Graphics don't render the opening sequence any more, but game runs fine once log in screen is up.

Maintain around 50 -70 fps using 2hander, switch to bow and my FPS drops to 6 - 9 (as soon as I weapon spot back to 2h fps normalises)

Major crashes and instability in the third round of vDSA, no other crashes experienced yet....

2.3 Intel i7, 16 GB ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB (still running yosemite)
    Edited by SirDopey on March 8, 2016 12:24PM
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »
    Maintain around 50 -70 fps using 2hander, switch to bow and my FPS drops to 6 - 9 (as soon as I weapon spot back to 2h fps normalises)

FPS drop with a bow equipped is a known issue, which will be fixed with the next incremental patch.
  • j.frank.nicholsb14_ESO
    The drop in FPS with a bow in the new client is known, and is hoped to be fixed in the next update - soon?

With me it occurred when I sheathed my weapons - try drawing a weapon and keeping it armed and see if that helps. If so (it does for me) them that is a work around until the next update.

Frank
    Edited by j.frank.nicholsb14_ESO on March 8, 2016 2:24PM
  • AKSb16_ESO2
    AKSb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »

FPS drop with a bow equipped is a known issue, which will be fixed with the next incremental patch.

Oh, maybe it wasn't the rain, it just began raining when I equipped the bow, so this seems to be the issue then...