The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Looting Crash -- uniform throughout the game?

ProfesseurFreder
ProfesseurFreder
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm in the first Mage's Guild quest after you reach the Great Tree. Yesterday everything was working fine. Today, I can't loot or search anything without crashing the game. I mean -- I'm just trying to search an urn fer crine out loud! -- Boom -complete crash. The first time this happened, the crash reporter came up and allowed me to send a message. The second and third time this happened no crash report ca,e up.

So I came here and now I see that a lot of Mac users are crashing EVERYwhere in the game, any time they try to loot. Is this universal? Is the game now completely unplayable? I was going to take advantage of the sale and buy some crowns, but I'm not feeling it now that the game seems completely unplayable.

On the positive side, I do appreciate the better character animations, thanks for that. The NPCs aren't nearly so zombie-like anymore.

How will we know when / if this gets fixed? I'm not feeling real warm and fuzzy about firing it up again only to have it crash every time I try a search.
"Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
-- William Faulkner.